Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Mon, Aug-30-04, 14:19
Brit Happens

Plan: x
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 0"
BF:
Progress: 16%

Wahey, you're back Let the flirtin' commence.........
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Mon, Aug-30-04, 15:40

Plan: NSNG
Stats: 260/164/185 Female 64"
BF:
Progress: 128%
Smile Ahh, yes...I'm back

I've been trying to get myelf back to a "losing" state of mind. But I just hadn't been able to hit upon whatever it was that motivated me to get off my arse and make all of the changes (eating and otherwise) that allowed me to start taking off the excess fat in the first place. This morning, it hit me that I whenever I start to think about it, or talk about it with friends, I only get reminded of how much I've lost already, and how far I've come.

Well, that's not good enough. I hear those things (or think them), and I become complacent.

I managed to go pretty far off-course with regards to my eating and workouts for about a year, and I've pretty much maintained my weight (I've fluctuated between 216 and 220 pretty steadily over the course of the past year) and my size has dropped just a smidge. So, I consider that as essentially a year of maintenance, and I'm ready to call my first foray into serious workouts and "dieting" a success.

Now, I'm changing my stats to reflect my current weight as my "start weight", and I'm making the past the past. I'm starting over.

And what better way than to reorganize the kitchen and start thinking about getting my food under control again? I've done the physically tedious part (i.e. cleaned the kitchen and gotten rid of lots of starchy things that should have never found their way into the cabinets in the first place), and am about to start putting together my shopping list.

And, I've found my old gym log book, so tomorrow the workouts will recommence. It's Body Rx Cycle 1 all over again for me. And I'm actually quite excited.

w00t!

Oh, and date tonight. It was originally a seven o'clock coffee thing at laidback coffee house, but now it's an eleven o'clock cocktails thing at trendy lounge/bar. Time to rethink wardrobe...

Last edited by dex : Mon, Aug-30-04 at 16:35. Reason: Because I'm forgetful?
  #78   ^
Old Wed, Sep-01-04, 12:18
Brit Happens

BF:

So what gives with Michael? I kinda lost track- you still co-habiting?
  #79   ^
Old Wed, Sep-01-04, 15:20

Plan: OFP
Stats: 150/128/125 Female 5'3 3/4"
BF:30%?/19.6%/20%
Progress: 88%

DEX!!

Sistergirl!! Missed you so much and glad you are back....much success on your restart

Every time I have a Plurpee I think of you!
  #80   ^
Old Wed, Sep-01-04, 15:20

BF:

I did manage to make it to the gym yesterday...and only a bit of soreness today. So, yay for that. The book is still in my car, so I don't have numbers to share.

No gym today, though. Another date tonight, and the roots had to be dyed (keeping naturally dark Asian hair blonde can be a real bitch). So, no time for gymmerie. But, the dreads go back in tomorrow (finally), and then I can stop fussing over my hair for a few weeks. ((and the world breathed a sigh of relief))
  #81   ^
Old Wed, Sep-01-04, 16:08
Brit Happens

BF:

Fuss, woman. We shorthairs live vicariously through you.

Quote:
only a bit of soreness today. So, yay for that
]Heheheheheheheh.

Going dancing? Get them to play Death In Vegas and shake it fer me.
xxx
  #82   ^
Old Wed, Sep-01-04, 16:44
Brit Happens

BF:

BTW your avvie looks like a Maxfield Parrish/LaChapelle visual......... qu'est que c'est?
  #83   ^
Old Wed, Sep-01-04, 16:53

Plan: OFP
Stats: 150/128/125 Female 5'3 3/4"
BF:30%?/19.6%/20%
Progress: 88%

Quote:
what better way to soothe vocal chords hoarse from screaming at stupid refs

Canna think of a better way
  #84   ^
Old Thu, Nov-10-16, 21:28

BF:

Reviving my gym log to record my workout details.

For anyone who stumbles in here, the brief backstory:
I got really sick in early September 2016. Lost nearly 40 lbs over the course of two weeks. Hospitalized. Almost died. Managed not to die. Got a Type 1 Diabetes diagnosis, along with some other things. Eventually went home in a still massively weakened state, though thankfully with some of the weight restored. Now, I'm rebuilding strength, stamina, and general fitness while learning how to manage my T1D with insulin injections.

My current plan is to hit the gym three times a week for a combination of strength training and cardio. At some point, I'll add swimming back into the mix.

That said, here's what happened in the gym today...

Weights: 3x8
Leg Press - 110 lbs
Bench Press - 45 lbs
Squats - 50 lbs
Standing Military Press - 30 lbs
Bent Over Rows - 40 lbs

Cardio:
Elliptical - 45 + 5 minutes "Fat Burner" program
  #85   ^
Old Sat, Nov-12-16, 16:46

BF:

Finished of my third of three planned workouts this week. That's the second week in a row I've done all three workouts. Yay, me!

Assisted Chins at 120 lbs
Assisted Dips at 120 lbs
Leg Press - 110 lbs
Seated Rows - 67 lbs

Cardio:
Elliptical - 60 + 5 minutes "Gluteal 1" program

Fitness is being built. Strength is being gained. My body is still a foreign thing to my brain and my own self-image, but I'm working on that.
  #86   ^
Old Mon, Nov-14-16, 15:59

BF:

I was bored this morning, so I walked to the gym and got in a cardio workout.

Cardio:
Elliptical - 60 + 5 minutes "Glute Toner" program

I noticed I had a to work a little harder to get and keep my heart rate in my Zone 2. That was encouraging.
  #87   ^
Old Wed, Nov-16-16, 00:46

BF:

Today's gym doings...

Leg Press - 110 lbs
Bench Press - 45 lbs
Squats - 50 lbs

Cardio:
Elliptical - 40 + 5 minutes "Aerobic" program

I had to shorten today's workout because I had an afternoon full of various appointments at the hospital, but still manage to get myself into the gym and worked up a bit of a sweat.
  #88   ^
Old Fri, Nov-18-16, 18:03

BF:

Since I didn't lift yesterday, I moved that workout to today. Tomorrow I'll go get in just a cardio session.

Leg Press - 110 lbs
Assisted Chins at 110 lbs
Assisted Dips at 110 lbs
2x6
Hyperextensions
Hanging Leg Raises

Cardio:
Elliptical - 60 + 5 minutes "Aerobic" program

I think I'm read to increase the weight on my leg presses, so that will happen the next time I do a strength workout. I did go ahead and increase the weight (or decrease the assistance) on the chins and dips this time, and while I could feel the difference, it wasn't so hard that it left me discouraged. I'll be leaving it at this level for at least a couple more workouts before I attempt another increase.

On the cardio front, I'm having to work noticeably harder to keep my heart rate in Zone 2. So, there's a definitely sign of improvement. Yay!
  #89   ^
Old Sat, Nov-19-16, 15:21

BF:

Cardio:
Elliptical - 60 + 5 minutes "Glute Toner Plus" program

While cranking away on the elliptical this morning, some movement in my peripheral view caught my attention, so I glanced over and nearly fell over when i thought I saw one of my exes standing there holding a basketball. Then I gathered my wits and realized that despite the height advantage he would have in most pickup games -- he's about 6'5" -- that guy would never be caught playing basketball. He's far too fussy for that. Haha! But the resemblance was uncanny. It took several glances over for me to pin down the differences, and it mostly came down to this guy having slightly lighter colored hair. Otherwise...practically identical.
  #90   ^
Old Mon, Nov-21-16, 14:39

BF:

Yesterday was a rest day for me. I went to a movie with friends instead of to the gym by myself.

Today though, back to the gym.

Leg Press - 120 lbs
Bench Press - 45 lbs
Seated Rows - 89 lbs

Cardio:
Elliptical - 45 + 5 mind "Aerobic" program

I wanted to do squats today, but both the squat cage and the Smith machine were tied up the whole time I was in the weight room, so I just decided to skip it.

I went up in weight on the leg presses and seated rows today, so that's a win. I'll increase weight for the bench press next time.