Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Thu, Mar-20-08, 12:38

Plan: atkins-ish
Stats: 398/391/299 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 7%

Helllooooo!!! Anyone here??? I've been doing core for 2.5 weeks now and I haven't really figured out whether it's working for me or not. I'm actually doing it more like the plan I was doing here which is a combination for GI and Atkins.

But I'm here instead of the WW board b/c I call this place HOME! so anyone out there? lol.

Star
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Fri, Mar-21-08, 09:39

Plan: Low Carb High Fat (LCHF)
Stats: 268/242/160 Female 5' 8-1/2"
BF:too much
Progress: 24%

Hi Star,

Yes, Core can take a bit of time to get used to. I have gotten it down pretty well over the last year or so that I've been doing it (on and off). So if you have any questions, I'd be happy to help.

I haven't heard of an Atkins and GI combination. Interesting!

I personally go through a lot of confusion about which plan I should be following. I did lose close to 30 lbs on Core (and a little bit of time on Flex) but I've gained back a little over 10 lbs over the last several months. Am trying to get back to Core, but my hubby and son keep buying chips and cookies and tempting me...gotta figure out a good way to handle that. Make them hide them after they are done eating them or something.

I'm thinking of going back on Atkins, as I really do well on low carb, except for people giving me a hard time about it, and after a few weeks I DO start craving fruit, and that's a problem for me.

Anyway, good luck on Core, and let me know if you need any pointers.
  #33   ^
Old Fri, Mar-21-08, 09:42

Default My plan type

I just noted it says "Metabolic Typing" up in the right-hand corner as far as my plan type. I guess I put that in there originally and am not sure how to change it... That's a very interesting plan as well, which basically (in the test they have that you take) says very clearly that I'm a "protein" type which more or less means I need to eat relatively low carb. (Just to clarify).
  #34   ^
Old Fri, Mar-21-08, 13:24

Plan: atkins-ish
Stats: 398/391/299 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 7%

Hi Betsy!

To change the plan you are on just go to the "quick links" link at the top of this page and then click on "edit Profile"...once there scroll down to "which plan" are you on or something like that and you can change your info.

Thanks for responding! And thanks for the offer of help. Yeah, I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I had my WI last night and for the 3 weeks that I've been on Core I've lost 5lbs. In doing the GI/Atkins plan it was very similar to core but I ate more times a day and had not much of a restriction on good oils and fats and I lost 4lbs A WEEK!

Like I said, I may just use WW for the meetings.

Oh and that combination is something that I just figured out works for me and my eating preferences. It's basically just low GI fruits and veggies, lean meats, LC pasta, WW tortillas and bread and Low or reduced fat dairy products. On my plan I eat way less carbs than the GI diet allows (so pasta and bread not very often) and then I've excluded some of the GI approved veggies that I know from Atkins makes me crave (carrots, corn etc.)

So, that's what I'm leaning towards going back to.

What was your weight loss like on Core? I mean you lost quite a bit but how long did it take you?

Also, I live with my BF and he can eat whatever he wants all day long and not gain a pound....he may even LOSE WEIGHT for eating fried foods at 4AM!! (he works night shift). Anyway, what I do with his goodies is just put them somewhere outta site. We have a cabinet in our house that we rarely go in above the fridge and we just put his goodies in there. I made a conscious effort not to go there for any reason and after a while it became easy...like it didn't even exist. Now, I have to say that he has made a choice to support me and not sit in front of my face eating potato chips...he kinda does it when I'm not around so it makes it easier.

Also, I have found that if I eat fruit regularly, it's MUCH easier to stay away from sweets (which is my weakness).

I definitely think that if you have a problem with sugar, you should find some woe that includes fruits.

-Star

Last edited by starchile : Fri, Mar-21-08 at 13:32.
  #35   ^
Old Wed, Mar-26-08, 05:36

Hi Star,

Thanks for telling me how to change my plan! Well, it sounds like that Atkins/GI program worked really well for you, and it sounds very similar to what one could do with Core.

I originally lost 20 lbs in just 2-3 months, and then slowly lost the next 10 lbs over several more months of not being 100% on program but still attending meetings. I lived in San Diego at the time (now we've moved to Illinois) and I had a fantastic, inspiring WW leader who had lost 85 lbs and looked like a model! She'd kept it off for a few years. Anyway, I think that's the main reason I kept going every week, plus it kept me on track. Most of the people at the meetings are on Flex, as I'm sure you're aware, but there are leaders and meeting attendees that do Core also. Anyway, if I had applied myself more seriously, I could have lost a lot more over that year period, but I kept getting off track.

That's a good idea what you do with your BF's goodies. I have a "snack drawer" in the kitchen that I try not to go into, but oftentimes the snacks get left out for me to have to try to avoid. Got to get them trained!

I know what you mean about the fruit. I need my fruit! I have felt that if I did Atkins I would probably have to stay on Induction for a few months since I have a significant amount to lose (as Dr. Atkins did mention in the book somewhere as a suggestion) but I couldn't go without fruit for that long.

Anyhow, I'd be interested to hear how it's going for you. And I'll try to update this board from time to time.

Oh, and on the Weight Watchers site there's a great Core Plan message board that has tons of great tips and recipes.

Have a great week!
  #36   ^
Old Sun, Sep-13-09, 21:50

Plan: Weight Watchers/S Beach
Stats: 201/195.8/135 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 8%

I am a lifetimer trying to get 66 back off. I am going to look up Core cuz I just can't control my carbs. Was going to start Atkins again, but I'll give this a try if you don't all mind me joining u!
  #37   ^
Old Mon, Sep-14-09, 10:35

Hi Rebecca,

Don't know who else is still "here" but I am, sort of. I keep trying to get back to Core but haven't succeeded yet. I really loved it in the beginning - lost almost 30 lbs, largely on Core, but a bit on Flex. Of course, now they've gotten rid of Core and Flex and they have the Momentum Plan. But you can still do that plan the same was as Core basically - not counting - and the food list and everything is pretty much the same. From what I've read on the WW board, the no-count plan they have now is not really promoted that much - there's a booklet you get in week 6 that explains how it works. It's called the Simply Filling Technique.

I can't seem to decide whether to do Core or try South Beach again or go back to low carb. On low carb, I feel great but I don't seem to lose more than about 6-7 pounds and then plateau. I need to lose 100 so that's not workable. Plus I think my blood pressure goes up a bit, and that's not helpful either...

Good luck to us all!
  #38   ^
Old Wed, Mar-24-10, 12:01

Plan: LOOKING FOR A PLAN
Stats: 239/183/165 Female 5'9"
BF:Yes I have that
Progress: 76%

I am back on WW but I am doing the Momentum plan, I actually started attending meetings and so far I am down 5.8lbs!
Just wanted to say hi to my fellow WW's
  #39   ^
Old Sat, Apr-03-10, 15:33

no one in here?
  #40   ^
Old Sun, Apr-04-10, 05:19

Plan: Atkins (+m&e)
Stats: 320/310/190 Female 5ft  11"
BF:

Hi there...you are doing really well KUTGWK
While away for the long weekend I have started doing abit like WW's- as low carb as I can..carbs from veg and doing points too. WHat is the momentum plan like...just curious
I will come visit you if you like . We get back hme tues
  #41   ^
Old Sun, Apr-04-10, 13:31

BF:

I would like to get back on the WW plan, a lifetimer here that has 65 lbs. There's hardly no threads for WW people. Have anyone seen the weightwatchers.com? It has message boards there with different topics that u can post on and make friends on there. I do that one sometimes. I need to get back to posting cuz that helps me not only be accountable but also I learn things from other people that are posting.
  #42   ^
Old Mon, Apr-05-10, 00:13

BF:

Hi Rebecca .
We CAN do it
  #43   ^
Old Tue, Apr-06-10, 22:09

BF:

Hey Pamela, do you want to buddy up? Anyone else in for this? Would be great to get this thread started up and going strong again.
  #44   ^
Old Wed, Apr-07-10, 01:30

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebecca A
Hey Pamela, do you want to buddy up? Anyone else in for this? Would be great to get this thread started up and going strong again.

Hi Rebecca...I sure would! I am in it for the long haul. Great, I will try to pop in each day. I am aiming for about 100 lbs and then I will review. I am not weighing in at WW's tho.
  #45   ^
Old Wed, Apr-07-10, 14:10

Let's keep this thread going!
The don't really have a plan they call CORE anymore it's called the Simply Filling Technique, I am not following that plan yet anyway, I am just trying to stay within my pts range right now I do visit the WW boards but I like this board cause it's where I have my journal. Have a great OP day!