Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, May-13-12, 11:59

Plan: Atkins induction
Stats: 200/200/175 Male 5' 11"
BF:
Progress:
Default Typical American with sweet tooth, How many carb grams/Day ??

Hey folks, I am just finishing up my 1st wk of Atkins induction.

I was a massive sweet tooth, I must have been doing 600-800 gram/day

before starting.I think ultimately I would like to do 100-150 g/day

as a maint. diet. What does an avg sweet tooth consume daily ???
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, May-17-12, 19:17

Plan: atkins '72 -now ketogenic
Stats: 260/181.4/140 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 65%

Have you read your whole book?

Ultimately, the amount of carb grams your body can handle is one that will be decided by your body, not your brain unfortunately. I don't think many people make it all the way up past 100, although I'm open to correction on that point. I stop losing weight if I go above 25-30. This means, provided my tolerance doesn't change, which sometimes that happens, that 30 gms is probably going to be my maintenance level of carb gms. Nobody can find your personal level for you, it depends on your diet history, health, and your individual biology, and the only way to find it is to slowly and patiently follow the advice in the book. That book is a goldmine. So soon in atkins you may be weeks, possibly months away from learning your CCL, but the things you learn in the intervening time are valuable pieces of information, personalized to you.

As far as a sweet tooth goes, if you control your carb grams, slowly increase them, and get them from low gi carbs, your sweet tooth should actually go away.

Last edited by tragedian : Thu, May-17-12 at 19:24.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, May-17-12, 19:47

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 280/219/145 Female 5 feet
BF:
Progress: 45%

Congratulations on finishing your first week!!!!

It would be great if you could see the "sweet tooth" as the old you because even a sweet tooth can be reformed and there are many fabulous recipes that you can make to satisfy you without actually caving in to too many carbs. When I need a lil somthin' sweet I make a sugar free cheesecake. Or I'll make a sf london fog or even a batch of egg crepes with sf pancake syrup. And the first two of those (maybe even the third) are all induction friendly!
  #4   ^
Old Thu, May-17-12, 20:37

Plan: Atkins induction
Stats: 200/200/175 Male 5' 11"
BF:
Progress:

I ordered a splenda dessert book from Amazon, still finding ways

to make low carb easier, did an egg bake yesterday, was good I added too much liquid, make another tomorrow! Its still early, I feel very weak too, hopefully that changes within the next week or so.I'll see how much I weigh on Monday and decide about ongoing induction, I wanna get to 170 (another 25lbs) and add some muscle on the way...........Thanks !!
  #5   ^
Old Thu, May-17-12, 20:52

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 280/219/145 Female 5 feet
BF:
Progress: 45%

Hmmm...you shouldn't be feeling weak unless what you are experiencing is carb withdrawl which is entirely possible and will pass in the next week or so. Maybe if you tell us what you eat in a typical day we can help