Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Turtle Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jan-22-02, 16:41

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 143/163/145
BF:
Progress:
Unhappy TOO slow

I've been on the induction diet for two weeks, and on the diet for one week, and have only lost 1.5 kilos. I haven't cheated and have been very strict. What's going on? This is sooo discouraging HELP!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jan-22-02, 18:57
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

What's wrong with 1.5 kgs? THe more weight you have to lose, the greater the initial loss. Any loss is great!

There is a lot of information in a thread further down in this forum called 'Are you Really a Turtle?' Have a look at it and see if anything applies to you. We can give you advice on what to change if you uncover some "trouble" areas.

Karen
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jan-22-02, 20:03

Plan: Atkins/PP
Stats: //
BF:
Progress: 50%

1.5 kilos is nothing to sneeze at, congratulations! Remember, the rest of us are posting our losses in pounds. Your loss would sound like more in pounds. If you have exercised, you might have replaced some fat with muscle, which is heavier and burns fat even while you sleep.

Personally I have never strayed too far from induction. Most days for me are still identical to induction days. You don't have to start eating more just because two weeks passed. Also - and I feel like a hypocrite saying this - start a journal. The gurus here will check out what you're eating and give you feedback.

I think the world of Atkins but watch out for some of his advice. Cheese should not be unlimited. Stay away from his products - they're full of hidden carbs.

Let us know how it goes.

Allison
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jan-24-02, 23:12

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 143/163/145
BF:
Progress:
Smile Thank you!

Thanks Karen and Allison for your replies. Hm... I have been eating unlimited cheese - I'll keep a closer watch on that. I think I was expecting to lose weight faster, as a couple friends of mine on this diet lost LOTS of weight on the induction diet.

Best Regards,
Nikkii
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Jan-25-02, 06:26

Plan: mostly paleo
Stats: //
BF:also don't care
Progress: 100%

it's good to see you trying some "tweaks" nikki. Remember, too, since you don't have much weight to lose, your loss rate will be much slower than that of someone with 50 or 100 pounds to lose.

A quick initial loss also indicates that the person had a system far out of balance, with likely severe hyperinsulinemia, the attendant risk of diabetes, and severe bloating. It's not a condition to wish for! A slow and steady loss of a pound per week is ideal. A few months will pass, and before you know it, you'll be at your goal, forgetting the daily frustrations and just being thrilled you are there.