Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Turtle Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jan-27-09, 14:27

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 174/134/125 Female 5'6 inches
BF:
Progress: 82%
Default Realizing its going to be a tough go

Hello people,

I am realizing that this time around I think the weightloss is going to be much harder to acheive. I have been eating in owl and nothing is coming off. I am thinking I will have to drop back to Induction levels and probably quite low levels for any more weightloss to occur. I know I need to get back to those low levels but I am struggling. I am finishing up my last semester of nursing school and my schedule is crazy. I am constantly traveling and having to find places to eat away from home. Sometimes I literally do not have time to cook.

I feel like I am starving to death a lot of the time, and forget purple ketosticks. I feel very frustrated as I am eating low carb, and I am going to have to much stricter. Sigh forty pounds ago this diet was fun. I wasnt hungry, I didnt feel tempted to cheat. My ketosticks were fun cause they got pink, my scale was fun cause it went down.

I really want to reach my goal weight,,but I am thinking it is going to be oh so much harder than I thought.

I need some advice on how to stay motivated
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jan-27-09, 17:14

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 156/146.8/139 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 54%

Sorry you are so stressed right now..... I remember how busy being at school was and how hard it was to eat well!!!

Try to be kind to yourself and not worry about not being able to cook.

Almost any place you go to eat can be made LC - a salad, bunless burger, eggs, veggies with butter.

You know you want this so you need to make a commitment to yourself to make the best choices possible. We're cheering for you!!!!

Julie