Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Salads Veggies & Side Dishes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sat, Jan-26-13, 11:52

Plan: 80/20 Low Carb Paleo
Stats: 250/190/145 Female 63 in
BF:
Progress: 57%

I wanted to post that I am going to try this recipe this next weekend with some roasted chicken since it is not turkey time anymore. I am going to use this cornbread recipe to substitute my own holiday stuffing recipe.

Anyhoo. I am not sure how many carbs would be in a cup of corn juice but one of the techniques to to reduce carbs of starchy things like corn and potatoes is to soak them for a few hours. When ever I make potato pancakes now I use half cauliflower and half soaked potato shreds and though I can not be certain of the carb count I know I don't have blood sugar spikes when I make them this way as long as I don't eat a ton of them. (love potato pancakes...lol)

One thing that could be used instead of regular can corn water would be the juice from a can of baby corn. It has substantial less carbs. I am even thinking of blending it up with the water from the can for more flavor and adding a bit in the cornbread recipe to see how it performs. There are only 4 carbs per half cup of baby corn, as opposed to 14 carbs per half cup of regular corn. (ouch)

I can not say I came up with this idea on my own. During the holidays I found a recipe for tamales that was so close to my own it amazed me and it substituted coconut flour and baby corn for the masa.

the recipe is at:

http://healthylivinghowto.com/1/pos...thy-tamale.html
Sponsored Links