Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Turtle Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Dec-03-01, 16:10

Plan: FatLoCity
Stats: 85/80/60
BF:
Progress: 20%
Default deep purple ketosis but slow weight loss

why is it that even if the stips show deep purple for a week, sometimes i lose no weight??

i am not eating huge amounts, i cant, i get to full eating meat, this is very confusing as purple means that you are burning fat doesnt it?

has anyone else experienced this?

what does it mean?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Dec-07-01, 19:22

Plan: no ADDED carbs.....NONE?
Stats: 96/74/60 Female 151cm
BF:too much!!
Progress: 61%
Default no help I'm afraid

Sammiejam I cant answer your question as I am only very new to this.
I am writing to see whether you would like to stay in touch . You see I live in Sydney. I was 86kg now 81 aiming at 60. Sound familliar??????
Hope to hear from you soon?????
Eliz
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Dec-07-01, 19:49

BF:
Default hehehehehe

dear eliz

got your reply straight after i had posted mine. hehehehe great minds think alike!

i think it would be great to stay in touch, we will be able to help each other alot .

i am 31yrs old, if you dont mind me asking how old are you?

as i said in my reply you are doing so well to lose 2 kg in 2 weeks. are you excersizing? i try to at least every second day but i think i will join the gym down the road and do some yoga and weight training. it is bloody expensive though.

i live on the northern beaches are you far from here?

isn't this way of eating great?! i cant believe i suffered on low fat for years and years, what about you?
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Dec-08-01, 00:38

Default snap!!!!!!

Me too.....we were on- line at the same time. I had to go to the shops. THE BACON SUPPLY WILL NOT BE DEPLEATED!!!!!!!!1
I used to live in your area while flatting a lot of years ago. I am now 47....boy that was the first time I have realised my age?????? I had a b'day this week...I don't think I'll bother again, though. That seems very old?????Never mind !!!! Time to lose some weight. I got ketostix for the first time and was quite surprised to find I am in the moderate range. I thought I would have been higher than that??? Confusion still reigns.

It is so great to meet you. I'm all enthuuused again now...thanks!!!!
I live in the glamerous west these days with my husband and a daughter whose is 8 going on 52.
Let's talk some more?????? There is a chat room fascility but I dont know how it works. We should get organised the support would be great.
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Dec-08-01, 03:19

BF:

you are right, never ever let the bacon supply dwindle, or the cheese supply either.

i am all excited too. I cant belive the similarities between us, it is great!!!!
47 is not old at all. i have 2 boys age 11 and 12.

i have been doing this for 3 months now and have a few hints about what is avalible in our supermarkets.

kavli crispy thin crackers are a must. they are in a red packet and i get them at woolies. i think big fresh carry them too. i use them for pizza base and for pate, cheese etc.

today i made cookies out of peanut butter, almond meal, gluten flour and splenda.They are good but really crumbly.

cottees have diet sauces. and yesterday i discovered ICECREAM!!!!!!!!! with only 5.4 g carb per serve. it is made by dairy bell and has a yellow lid. mmmmmm i had it with the cottees caramel sauce.

we should work out how the chat facility works so that we can chat, (a statement of the obvious)

did you take your measurements before you started? i did and they go down even if my weight doesnt. It can be very encouraging at times in times of distress.

o yeah, the color of the strips change depending on when you do them. I usually find that they are at their darkest right before dinner( for me that is about 7pm) they are beige in the morning and moderate in the arvo. As you can tell i am a compulsive tester. It is better than weighing yourself as it is proof positive that you are evaporating fat. Even if it doesnt look like you are, THE STRIPS DONT LIE!!

my body shape has changed alot even though i have only lost4 kg, but i can do 200 crunches (different kinds of crunches) which i ccould not do before. My tummy used to get in the way. hehehehe sad but true.

i withdrew like a heroin junkie from coffee in the first week.I was great after that, my skin looks great and i feel so healthy, best of all i dont get that ravenous hunger that i used to feel. I must be so much easier to live with. It is great to have a buddy. Have you thought about starting a journal? I have one, it is in the journal bootcamp section under the n to s area. Check it out if you want.

looking forward to hearing from you soon.
sammie
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Dec-08-01, 05:06

Thumbs up me again!!!

My computer is playing up ....here goes!
I started a journal today. No, I have not measured but that is in the journal.
I will look at yours now. Thanks for all the info I need to read one of the books.
This computer is driving me batty....it is not responding.

I'll try again later. Goodnignt new friend
Eliz
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Dec-08-01, 17:52

BF:

we have lost 16% of the weight!! i just edited out the kgs and it calculated the %.
it might be a little higher for you as you started at 86 and i was 85 but isnt that fantastic!!
i feel all encouraged.
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Dec-12-01, 03:34

Plan: Dr.Atkins
Stats: 257/253/143
BF:
Progress: 4%
Default purple ketostix

Hi
Just read your post. I have been wondering for ages why the ketostix are dark purple but I lose no weight, both on the scales and on the clothes. That was for a period of 2 weeks (then I ran out of sticks and they are too expensive for me to buy more - got them from a friend who uses them for her dog!) I only lose weight when I have some funny symptoms: tight throat and heavy, tight feeling in my chest, a feeling like when I gave up smoking.
Any ideas?
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Dec-12-01, 07:05

BF:
Default weird weird weird!!!

me to!!!
i have that strange tight throat feeling as well. I thought it may be connected to my thyroid problem. Some other people have mentioned the same thing in the medical section.

i emailed the aitkins support team a while ago and they said that i may be eating to much but i dont think so. Just breakfast lunch and dinner. I was on the induction so i was eating only about 15 carbs per day and about 1800 to 2000 calories.

i don't get it at all. Maybe some else will read this who nows why, i hope so as it can get very discouraging especially when you know that you are doing something right as the strips are doing what they are supposed to. I have been eating like this for nearly 4 months and have been in ketosis the whole time and have lost only 16% of my weight.
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Dec-12-01, 12:27

Plan: Dr.Atkins
Stats: 257/253/143
BF:
Progress: 4%
Default wow

Wow.
I also have thyroid problems.
I think the 'eating too much' theory is rubbish as according to what I am supposed to be eating I know that i am eating too little (1300cals usually). Do you have the heavy/tight feelings in your chest as well?

I gave up on the ketostix because they didnt really help, big deal, theyre purple but no weight loss.

Well perhaps someone can solve the mystery.

Until then we must soldier on in ignorance and although I wouldnt wish 'feeling' funny on anyone I am glad not to feel that Im the only one.