Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Success Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Reply  Back to story:  One little step on my success ladder

View Article Article tools
  #1   ^
Old Fri, Apr-05-02, 07:11

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 206/175/130
BF:
Progress: 41%
Question

You go girl,
You will be in those size 10s before you know it.

Good Luck
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Apr-06-02, 23:50

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 296/278/179 Female  5'8
BF:
Progress: 15%

I think that's certainly a success story worth sharing, Carla -- thank you 25% is a LOT, and finding clothes you didn't think you'd be able to fit into is a big step, too.

Do you feel better physically, too, 25% to goal?
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Apr-07-02, 09:12

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 170/125/125 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default thanks guys!

Thanks so much. I can't wait till I'm able to tell everyone I've reached 100% goal. And yes, I do feel so much better. I've had problems with heart burn for several years now and I thought it was because dh and I ate a lot of spicy food. It kept me up at night, I was miserable. Even after the first day of this WOE the heartburn disappeared. Currently I am a unemployed, just moved to a new area, before this WOE I would spend all day in bed, sometimes sleeping till way past noon then taking a 2 or 3 hour nap early in the evening. Now I get up in the morning, still late but dh stays up late drawing for clients, drink my first tall glass of water, work out, eat a bit, do what ever I have planned that day, maybe take a 15 minute nap because I love naps so much.. I feel like I'm actually living for the first time in years. I'm actually going to find a job at the first of May (I have family coming up at the end of this month) This forum has been a big help to me, I check it several times a day. When ever I have a question, you guys are here, when ever I need inspiration, you guys are here. Ahhh...enough sappiness from me. Thanks again!

Signed,
Carla
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Apr-07-02, 16:11

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 230/136/145 Female 5'8.5"
BF:33.95/24.51/20
Progress: 111%

Carla...

Congratulations on your success...it does feel awesome to see the scale going down and to be able to shop again. Way To Go :-)
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Apr-10-02, 12:22

Plan: Body for life - with lo-carb option
Stats: 165/165/133
BF:43/43/23
Progress: 0%
Cool Yeah don't lose faith.....you just follow it!

Well done, it's always hard to start new things but with a WOE like this you start to forget u ever ate any otherway!

I hope you start yourself a journal to really keep you keen, it's a great way to look back and see your good and "not-so good" days, and makes you realise how far you've really come.

Well done.
Phoebe

Article tools