Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Feb-25-03, 19:36

Plan: Schwarzbein and Zone (love Dr. Weil too!)
Stats: 155/146/145
BF:???
Progress: 90%
Thumbs up I love Protein Power!!

I'm so glad to see there is a Protein Power section on this website!!! Yeah!!
I've read tons of books on nutrition; The Zone, Schwarzbein, Atkins, etc. Then, I finally hit the jackpot!! Protein Power!!! I checked it out from my library last week, and can't put it down. It really makes sense.
What is your experience with the plan? I've been following Schwarzbein for a while, and they are somewhat similar. But, PP has more science behind it.
Carole
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Feb-26-03, 02:10
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

I think PP rocks!

It was the first plan I read and it worked really well for me. I made some minor adjustments though - no grains, berries only and rarely.

I like that it starts at 30 grams a day so you get lots of variety and a lfestyle that's liveable right off the bat. No worrying about raising carbs by increments or staying on induction ad infinitum.

Karen
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Feb-26-03, 05:42

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 192/192/132
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Protein Power

Just boght the books as well and it looks a lot easier to follow than Atkins, especially since I don't eat meat. AND they allow a lot more veggies, which makes life A LOT easier, I always felt hungry when I tried Atkins (threre are only so many tins of tuna you can eat!!!) and had a terrible case of 'the runs'...
anyway, this seems to make a lot more sense and I hope I can stick with this.

S ounds similar to Schwarzbein, but because of the lower carb-content I expect to loose quicker, which is what I need to keep me on these plans, at least at the beginning. Also really liked the fact that they make you calculate your ideal weight and the minimum amount of protein.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Feb-28-03, 10:20
empress of fashion

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 178/161.5/145 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 50%

I am a little frustrated with Atkins. I do feel good lc but the weight loss just isn't happening, nor has it for nearly a year. Thinking I will look into PP, Schwarbein and the Fat Flush. Can anyone give me a good summary/comparison of the three before I buy the books?
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Feb-28-03, 10:27
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Click on the link called "What Low Carb Plan is Right for Me" to the right of the page.

There are summaries of all of them there.

Karen
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Feb-28-03, 16:24

Plan: shwarzbein/protein power
Stats: 165/135/125
BF:
Progress: 75%

I too read many of the books. And as you can see do both protein power and schwarzbein. They are very similar. Both are incredibly easy to follow. Good luck.
GIn
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Mar-09-03, 18:06

Plan: HCG/LCHF
Stats: 224/201/190 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 68%

A friend of mine is thinking about doing Protein Power - can anyone tell me what the main differences are between it and Atkins? I have read the comparison info but it's not very detailed.
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Mar-09-03, 21:56
Forum Founder

Plan: LC paleo
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 52%

hi Jean,

Check out this thread, right here in this PP forum ... Main Difference between Atkins and Protein Power? ... It's a long thread, started many months ago, but lots of posts and info. added to it since then.

hth,

Doreen
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Nov-11-04, 13:01

Stats: 300/276/235 Male 6 foot 2 inches
BF:
Progress:
Thumbs up I prefer Protein power too!

The fact that the Eades sanction coffee w/cream/wine in moderation has made all of the difference. The emphasis on the consumption of quality proteins has also made a huge difference....people have actually started to ask me if I've started lifting weights (I haven't...yet!) I really believe in the Eades' research!! I'm fairly new to this site so I haven't taken the time to update my stats...have lost an additonal 10 pounds ...35 total

Last edited by Barryatric : Thu, Nov-11-04 at 13:09. Reason: would like to add a comment
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Nov-11-04, 13:34

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

I agree with the rest. Protein Power has always made the most sense to me, not that I haven't tried a bunch of other plans as well! It's a very liveable plan.

I'm not familiar with Schwarzbein, South Beach, or some of the others. Really only Protein Power and Atkins. I did a short (less than a week) stay with CAD, but hated it. Other than that, my straying has been more in the realm of tweaking here and there.

Grains are a big problem for me. As long as I stay away from grains, I do much better. If I have grains -- even the low-carb breads -- I get cravings.
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Nov-11-04, 17:03

Stats: 166.5/146.5/145 Female 67 in.
BF:23.21%
Progress: 93%

I spent two years on Atkins losing and regaining the same 5 lbs. I couldn't maintain the 20g carbs without feeling terrible and eventually bingeing and gaining everything back. I found that by upping the carbs a bit and increasing my protein (which for me helps curb hunger sooooo much better than fat does), I was able to eat a more moderate amount of calories, and finally lose and maintain my loss of 20 lbs. Hooray for Protein Power!