Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > LC Research/Media
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#841   ^
Old Sat, Jul-28-07, 14:22

Plan: Atkins fatfast->induction
Stats: 147/145/125 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 9%

Ahh, OK. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
  #842   ^
Old Sat, Jul-28-07, 19:57
Contrarian

Plan: Atkins/Controlled Carb
Stats: 275/190/190 Female 72
BF:Not a clue!
Progress: 100%

Saw this posted on the "other" forum and thought I'd drop it here in case it gets interesting. It looks like it is new, but sounds like it may be something worth taking a look at if it gets going?

Kimkins Exposed
  #843   ^
Old Sat, Jul-28-07, 20:47
Low-Carb Dharma

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 446.5/434.6/150 Female 5 feet 0 inches
BF:
Progress: 4%

I'm no web guru, so I can't find out who started that site, but if they are around the forum, drop me a line. I'd love to get involved and help if I can.

I'm still rather miffed at being called a "recalcitrant moron" and a "village idiot" by this woman, after she thanked me publicly for being able to debate without resorting to personal attacks.

Seems to be a recurrent theme.. say one thing one minute and do the opposite the next. Bad news.
  #844   ^
Old Sat, Jul-28-07, 21:47
Great seller! A+++++

Plan: mine
Stats: 123/456/789 Female 2'3"
BF:
Progress: 50%

I think the same owner of duckyopines is the guy with the new blog. Clues in use of language, mention of his other blog no longer in existence, and same board software.

All clues hint to him. If he starts quacking during commentaries, we'll know for certain.
  #845   ^
Old Sat, Jul-28-07, 22:31

Plan: it varies
Stats: 245/134/140 Female 5'3.5"
BF:
Progress: 106%

well whoever he is...remind me never to get on his bad side, lol
  #846   ^
Old Sun, Jul-29-07, 02:35

Plan: atkins
Stats: 190/190/140 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bschaafsma
And to whoever said he might have been prompted to do this by losing money - you could be right but I can't imagine enough people buy Atkins bars through the links on his blog to make up for the money he won't be making by being an affiliate for Kimkins any more. I wouldn't think all his other affiliations added together could approach what his income potential was w/ Kimkins.

At the very least, it's good that he's not leading people to Kimkins any more. People are free to choose Kimkins, but at least now they won't be able to substitute his opinion for their own research.

But he will still be pointing people to Kimkins if he leaves all the links to Kimkins in his old blogs! I think there are over 2000 links in his blogs to her site. People will find his old blog pages if they google for kimkins, and click on the links if they want to check out her site.

what I would like to know is if Kimmer will continue to pay Jimmy for the people that join after clicking Kimkins links on his past blogs? If she does, then Jimmy will continue to get an income from all the old links.

I wonder if Jimmy is going to leave those links in or if he plans to delete them? I think he did delete the banners from some of the past pages. but the links are still there.

Last edited by lynne007 : Sun, Jul-29-07 at 02:57.
  #847   ^
Old Sun, Jul-29-07, 02:59
Registered Member

Plan: PP
Stats: 144/115/115 Female 5ft 2in
BF:35%/22%/22%
Progress: 100%

As far as I can see, the past Kimkins articles are gone. For example:
Quote:
Thursday, June 14, 2007
A One-Week Sample Kimkins Diet Menu
The post that appeared here has been removed for not promoting the low-carb community in the professional manner I have come to expect from myself. THANK YOU!

Then there's a link to his recent apology. I haven't scoured the site, but it certainly doesn't look as if he's trying to carry on sending business to Kimkins.
  #848   ^
Old Sun, Jul-29-07, 03:11

Stats: 190/190/140 Female 66 inches
BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitra
As far as I can see, the past Kimkins articles are gone. For example:

Then there's a link to his recent apology. I haven't scoured the site, but it certainly doesn't look as if he's trying to carry on sending business to Kimkins.

you are right! It looks like he is replacing past blogs about kimmer with this message:
Quote:
The post that appeared here has been removed for not promoting the low-carb community in the professional manner I have come to expect from myself. THANK YOU!

Read this blog post for more information.

so, not only is he not just changing the links, he is removing the whole post.
  #849   ^
Old Sun, Jul-29-07, 06:31

Plan: it varies
Stats: 245/134/140 Female 5'3.5"
BF:
Progress: 106%

wow...

and not only changing the links and removing the whole post...he's directing them to his apology as well which will in essence, give kimkins multiple negative reviews.

this is bigger than if he had just deleted the multiple links.
  #850   ^
Old Sun, Jul-29-07, 06:57

Plan: Atkins-ish (hypoglycemia)
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 50%

I saw one yesterday that he'd replaced his "lots of kimkins links" on his low carb links page with that notice and the link to his apology, but a search of his site revealed posts that still supported Kimkins.

If there's over 2000 Kimkins promoting posts on his various blogs, it's going to take him quite a while to clean up all that mess. Some of the posts where he merely mentions kimkins will need to have the links removed, as well as be edited to reflect his change of mind.

I have to believe he's sincere (no matter how "Kimmer" tries to sanitize the whole thing and make it sound like she supports what he's doing), because of how much he's removed already. We just need to give him time to change every one of those posts... and since Kimkins has been mentioned in soooo many posts in addition to the posts labled as such, I don't see him being done for at least several more days.
  #851   ^
Old Sun, Jul-29-07, 08:43
~writes for Him~

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 120/120/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 17%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutie 71
wow...

and not only changing the links and removing the whole post...he's directing them to his apology as well which will in essence, give kimkins multiple negative reviews.

this is bigger than if he had just deleted the multiple links.

I am impressed.
  #852   ^
Old Sun, Jul-29-07, 08:53

Plan: My own
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5' 1 1/2"
BF:

YEA for Jimmy.. I'm so happy to hear he's removing things.. It will take time, and I'm willing to give him that time.. Let's hope he going to do as good of 'house cleaning' as Heidi did at her place...
  #853   ^
Old Sun, Jul-29-07, 10:31

Plan: fat, fat, fat
Stats: 225/212/160 Female 5' 3.5"
BF:
Progress: 20%

I continue to be impressed. I know that there are some visitors to his site who've simply been turned off by his personality, and that's to be expected -- people rub each other the wrong way sometimes, no avoiding it. But this is taking an lot of effort on his part, and to me it does point to a genuine desire to be ethical and sincere. I'm very happy for him, to be honest -- it's been a painful experience, and has required him to look at his own motives and his mistakes, which is a trial by fire most of us would find a difficult struggle. He's endured that, and is coming out the other side a stronger man, I'd say. At least, I hope so, and I wish him much luck and happiness.

Lene'
  #854   ^
Old Sun, Jul-29-07, 10:38
Registered Member

Stats: 215/197/170 Male 71
BF:
Progress: 40%

What is a franken food?
  #855   ^
Old Sun, Jul-29-07, 10:40
Registered Member