Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Apr-10-17, 04:50

Plan: lchf
Stats: 185/167/155 Male 5 feet 6 inches
BF:
Progress:
Default blood sugar levels are now normal

after months on a low carb diet , i must say i have not been as strict as perhaps i should, my blood sugars on a a1c test are 5.8 which is in the normal range . that is the first time in ten years i have a normal blood sugar result needless to say i am happy . I understand that this recovery to normal is dependent on my continuing on low carb but in the months of doing this i have learned to eat differently and i am now really liking it so it is not a constant struggle. i could lose another ten pounds to get to what may be a better weight but all in all i am amazed . thanks for your support and good luck to those who will undertake a similar journey
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Apr-10-17, 04:53

Plan: P:E=>1 (Q3-22)
Stats: 168/100/82 Male 182cm
BF:
Progress: 79%

Way to go nexxus and way to be patient <--- the greatest ingredient.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Apr-11-17, 05:59

Plan: lchf
Stats: 185/167/155 Male 5 feet 6 inches
BF:
Progress:

Thanks this does work and I am an advocate for low carb when deleting or diabetes comes up. Lossing roughly 20 lbs has made it a lot easier to get around even when I run a short distance. I must say low card was the big factor but I try to get 15000 steps a day in and do that most days. The doctor once called it the gift of diabetes because it forced me to change a better lifestyle