Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Wed, Apr-27-16, 15:05

Plan: LerC, TRE, IF
Stats: 150/120/120 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

We bought an hour's parking to deliver a few bags of donations to Oxfam. I used the rest of the hour to walk about town briskly, specifically I explored the cemetery to find all the exits. I only just made it back in time because a footbridge over the river was washed away in the floods last year, unbeknownst to me.
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Thu, Apr-28-16, 12:29

BF:

Really unmotivated today, got up late and did not force myself out of the door till nearly noon. Which was a pity, because earlier it was sunny if cold, but at around the 1.5 mile mark I hit a ten minute hailstorm, and after that it was merely wet snow. I was fairly damp when I got home at the end of my 3.75 miles and not prepared to go out again, so made up the shortfall by pacing my drive when it was not snowing, and my hall and kitchen when it was.
  #48   ^
Old Thu, Apr-28-16, 12:35
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

Spring seems to be coming slowly this year on this side of the pond as well. We keep marching on... that's what we do. FYI: I don't post much, but I still read this inspirational journal.
  #49   ^
Old Fri, Apr-29-16, 08:36

BF:

Thank you Ken, yes keeping on keeping on is the name of the game. You will see that I haven't been jogging for a while; too much walking to do in London and no room in the rucksack for the running gear. Now I've got my energy back it's just been too cold and bleugh for me. Even wrapped up warm as I was back in January the cold is getting through, but I can't accept that I need a base layer under my walking trousers in May!

So today was one circuit of the Village in the rain. Dog walkers in full waterproofs and one man had his umbrella blown inside out.

Then as I had to go into town I made a much longer route than business required, and most of the time there was no rain, just the raw wind.
  #50   ^
Old Wed, May-04-16, 08:01

BF:
Default Saturday April 30

Travelled to our holiday cottage on the North Yorks coast (no internet). Walked around Saltburn and Whitby on the way here.
  #51   ^
Old Wed, May-04-16, 08:05

BF:
Default Sunday 1 May

Walked from the cottage Staithes (over 3 miles). After that watched the last stage of the Tour de Yorkshire on TV and walked round the cottage during the adverts. Got over 6000 steps doing that.
  #52   ^
Old Wed, May-04-16, 08:08

BF:
Default Monday 2 May

7 mile walk Egton Grange. Very strong westerlies, squally showers, paths on moorland were very muddy, as we're the steep descents through pasture - bogs churned up by cattle.
  #53   ^
Old Wed, May-04-16, 08:11

BF:
Default Tuesday 3 May

About 3 miles along the cliff path, then explored Staithes with DH, then walked up and down Whitby - up to the Abbey, down to the harbour, up to the whalebone arch.
  #54   ^
Old Wed, May-04-16, 08:16

BF:
Default Wednesday 4 May

9 mile walk, Bride Stones, Blakey Ridge (huff, pant, huff as the book said) and Malo Cross. Bright sunshine, stiff breeze, few folk about, lovely scenery, pretty valleys, interesting rocks, tiny lambs.
  #55   ^
Old Wed, May-11-16, 03:31

BF:
Default Thursday 5 May

Early morning walk along the cliffs to Runswick Bay and made it a circuit by returning via Hinderwell, approx 3 miles. Then DH and I drove up to Redcar, parked near the steelworks and walked along Coatham Sands all the way to the mouth of the Tees, where we could watch ferries and container ships making their way to Billingham. There and back approx 6 miles.
  #56   ^
Old Wed, May-11-16, 03:38

BF:
Default Friday 6 May

DH had expressed an interest in seeing the Bride Stones but not on such a long walk as mine, so we set off to drive to a nearer car park but we're deterred on reaching a barrier requiring £8 per vehicle for a "day pass". No way as we were only going to be there a couple of hours. Instead we ambled around Pickering, visiting the Castle, then took a scenic drive back across the moors. Once there I did not feel like a cliff walk so ended up pacing the stripes on the lawns which had been known in our absence.
  #57   ^
Old Wed, May-11-16, 03:40

BF:
Default Saturday 7 May

Travelled home today and the packing and leaving the place spick and span left no time for a morning walk, so I walked round the village twice when we got back.
  #58   ^
Old Wed, May-11-16, 03:44

BF:
Default Sunday 8 May

Hot summery weather but plans scuppered when we got a call from a paramedic at 4 am asking us to go sit with a friend who was having bouts of sickness. I did get out for short walks a couple of times while she was dozing.
  #59   ^
Old Wed, May-11-16, 03:46

BF:
Default Monday 9 May

Another hot day but I was down to take DH to Carlisle so got my steps walking into the centre and back from a retail park
  #60   ^
Old Wed, May-11-16, 03:48

BF:
Default Tuesday 10 May

Well last night was my turn for the vomiting bug and though it did not go on very long my sleep was very poor so I convalesced instead. About 450 measly steps.