Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Nov-18-02, 05:09

Plan: altered atkins
Stats: 234/227/165 Female 5'-7"
BF:
Progress: 10%
Thumbs up Looking for a buddy to kick butt with til Christmas!

Hi all. New here, but not to low-carbing. In '99 I lost 80 lbs by lowcarbing with very little exercise (in the begining at least). I sabotaged myself with carbs and alcohol until where I am today...up a whopping 100 lbs from where I managed to get down to.
I'm hating life (almost). I don't want to go back home (I live across the country from my family) for the holidays and have to see my friends, not to mention dreading the plane ride. I don't want to go out with my friends around here. I don't want to even think about finding clothes for Christmas parties. Sadly, I don't even want to be with my husband because I know how dissapointed he is in my loss of control.
I seriously want to kick as much butt as I can before the holidays and then keep with it for the rest of my life on a bit slower pace.
Can you relate? Do you need a buddy? I want someone to answer to on a daily basis for my actions. Surely, there is someone else out there who could use my support. And heh, my knowledge. I've read almost everything out there pertaining to low-carb and I've lived the lifestyle for over a year sucessfully. I've also learned that you can blow it. Even when you swear you won't. Even when you swear you'll NEVER weigh that again.
Heather
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Nov-18-02, 05:26

Plan: Bernstein/Atkins
Stats: 210/180/125
BF:
Progress: 35%

Hey, how about a *bunch* of buddies! Just report in to us daily--we'll keep on the the 'straight and narrow'--I promise!
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Nov-18-02, 05:43
Forum Moderator

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi there Heather,

I have two suggestions for you. Firstly, how about starting up a journal here? I've found mine very helpful. It's a great way to keep track of my eating and friends pop in regularly for a visit. Of course, the best way to make "journal friends" is to visit others' journals too.

Second suggestion is to visit the triple digits forum, for folk with 100lbs or more to lose. They're a very friendly and supportive bunch there.

All the very best to you!

Rosebud
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Nov-18-02, 07:14

Plan: AHP&FP
Stats: 197/125/137 Female 5' 6"
BF:42%/22%/21%
Progress: 120%

Post moved to the "Buddy-Up!" forum.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Nov-18-02, 10:36

Plan: Atkins / Curves
Stats: 182.0/182.0/150 Female 5'6"
BF:27.2
Progress: 0%

do_over

You seem very determined now - so just stick to the plan - there are lots of holiday ideas to choose from also, so don't let that get in your way. Also, stay away from the alcohol - it stalls weight loss and triggers bad eating habits. Start a walking program as well if you can, you'll feel better with some exercise. Don't be so down on yourself though, you know what you have to do, and you can do it, for you!

Vikki
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Nov-18-02, 11:24
Registered Member

Stats: 196/179/150
BF:Ugh!
Progress: 37%

Heather...

I have been there too, although I caught myself at a gain of 30 pounds and not the whole 92 that I originally lost. It seems impossible that we can return to that misery after seeing the success...but it really brings to light that it's not just about food for most of us.

I haven't written in my journal for a while...but will start again this week. I've finally managed to stay true to my plan and get a good 10 pounds off. I'm bound and determined, so if you want to buddy up and check in every day... I'm READY!!

You can't ever have TOO MUCH SUPPORT!!

Yes, go start a journal...log in your starting date, your weight and measurements if possible...what you're eating, etc. I'll do the same with a brand new start date!!

WE CAN GET A GREAT HEADSTART FOR THE HOLIDAYS!! Just by checking in to support you, you will be my support, and vice versa!That seems to be the key....accountability!

(I have a treadmill, do you? Maybe some free weights at home?)

Write and tell me what your food list is for the day! I'm off to eat a mushroom and cheese crustless quiche I made ahead of time...it's yummy and holds me for hours.

Good luck...Check in later!
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Nov-19-02, 14:14
Canuck Conundrum

Stats: 283/000/180 Female 5' 8"
BF:?///?
Progress: 275%
Default Me too!!!!

I went from 265 down to 180 walking, drinking tons of water and eating low fat.

Some how 30lbs crept back on, and I decided to try low carb this time. I knew that low fat was NOT going to be a way of life for me. So far I'm back down to 198, and feeling good.

I agree that the journal is the best idea....visit mine and say hi!

If you need intense contact, Iknow that I did, and you want an e-mail buddy....let me know on my journal. This is a great place to share with a lot of great people, but some need one on one too....I'd be glad to help.

Hang in there and good luck!

Sam
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Nov-19-02, 15:15

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 145/145/115
BF:35
Progress: 0%
Smile

OH BOY CAN I RELATE ABOUT NOT WANTING TO FACE THE FAMILY FOR THE HOLIDAYS. I CAN ALSO RELATE TO NOT WANTING TO BUY ANYTHING TO WEAR BECAUSE U DON'T WANT TO FACE THE OBVIOUS. I HAD LOST MY 20 LBS. AND NOW OF COURSE I HAVE 25-30 LBS.
I would love to be your buddy because I am a newbie, want to get the gears going especially before the holidays. Not that we want to do anything dumb by cutting all carbs. which we know is not healthy but I would love to see how much I can lose.
Don't know if we are allowed to contact each other outside of this forum but if we are then please, please contact me as soon as you read this. Let's get this going......

Lynn
Knowledge is power-Oprah
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Nov-20-02, 15:17

Plan: Atkins / Low Carb
Stats: 308/298/143 Female 163cm
BF:
Progress: 6%

Hi Heather

I would love to be your nazi buddy.. LOL joking..

If you would like an email buddy let me know or message me through various messaging services that I have listed in my profile..

Keep up the good work and NEVER SAY DIE!

Karen