Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Schwarzbein Principle
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Jul-15-06, 18:05

Plan: Gluten free wholefoods
Stats: 173/145/147 Female 5"4.5 inches
BF:37/?/25
Progress: 108%
Default Anyone else find vegetables difficult?

I have been doing TSP for about a month now. I am in the process of adapting it to my lifestyle and am slowly making the neccessary changes. However one thing I am finding difficult is veggies. I have salad at lunchtime but I really don't like it. Dinnertime I have veggies by putting them in a nice stirfry or mixed in with my potatoes. There is no way I ever fit them into breakfast.

Anyone else not really enjoy their non strachy veg? I like the starchy ones actually such as turnip and carrot and sweetcorn but not non starchy ones.

Has anyone learned to like their non starchy veg?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jul-17-06, 10:25
Registered Member

Plan: Schwarzbein
Stats: 267/259/220 Male 71 inches
BF:
Progress: 17%
Default Vegetables, Starchy and Otherwise

Scarlet,

Veggies aren't my personal favorite, either. Love those small bits of potatoes and squash, but things like spinach, well...

I have salads for lunch nearly everyday, just as you do. My wife puts the right amount of protein (chicken, tuna, and occasionally beef) on top, which makes it pretty palatable.

Dinner isn't much of a problem. But, like you, I have a challenge with breakfast. Most of the time breakfast is centered around eggs, which gets pretty tiresome. So my wife rotates how she cooks them. Sometimes it's adding a little Parmesan cheese. Sometimes it's adding a bit of onion. And about a third of the time, she throws in something like zucchini and spinach, turning it into an omelet. Not my favorite breakfast, but it does get those pesky vegetables into my body.

-Don
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jul-17-06, 12:33
Registered Member

Plan: CALP, now Schwarzbein
Stats: 203/143/143 Female 160 cm
BF:56%/22%/22%
Progress: 100%
Default liking veggies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet
Anyone else not really enjoy their non strachy veg? I like the starchy ones actually such as turnip and carrot and sweetcorn but not non starchy ones.

Has anyone learned to like their non starchy veg?

Well, I'm actually a veggie lover but I know from many people on the CALP list, they have come to like their veggies, it just takes time.

For breakfast I enjoy raw veggies like colored peppers, cucumbers or daikon (a big white root, also called Japanese radish). Kohlrabi (my all time favorite) is great too, but hard to get in other countries I guess.

A good tip for protein is just to cook more for dinner, then have the leftover at breakfast with a little clean mayo added or make rollups with lettuce leaves, then add some starchy veggies or grains and you have a TSP meal.

Breakfast can be so much more than just eggs! I eat fish in the morning (tuna, sardines, mackerel fillet) and add my raw veggies, a piece of whole grain organic bread with butter and cheese, et voila, a perfect breakfast for me.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jul-18-06, 12:26
Plemorphist

Plan: Schwarzbein Principle II
Stats: 150/129/130 Female 5' 5"
BF:??%/??%/ 22%
Progress: 105%

She has a cookbook. Have you tried a new way of preparing something to add more to your plan?