Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Dec-25-03, 09:00

Plan: Atkins cheat free
Stats: 313/167/164 Female 69 inches
BF:who knows
Progress: 98%
Default Santa made a mistake

Hey all,
Santa traditionally adds fruits nuts and small items to our stockings. Seems Santa messed up his lists according to my 7 yr old nephew and brought me the wrong stocking stuffers cause I can't have THOSE on my diet. This is the same nephew who announced in the you catch it fish place that he'd have to eat my fries for me so I wouldn't be tempted this summer. He is really looking out of his favorite aunt's new way of eating. It was with great delight I had to educate him about the 3rd phase of Atkins and the fact that I could now have those fruits.
SO he will be policing my new phase just as vigilantly I'm sure
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Dec-25-03, 09:05

Plan: lower carb
Stats: 333/199.8/172 Female 5'8"
BF:??/39.0/25
Progress: 83%

Out of the mouths of babes... that is so cute. Merry Christmas!
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Dec-25-03, 10:37
Contributing Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 345/304/240 Male 5'9
BF:20.72 %
Progress: 39%

We went to my daughter's kindergarten Christmas party and she announced to the class that I could not have a cupcake because I was on a diet. Of course it seemed like everyone looked at me. The teacher just smiled and jokingly said she knew things about every parent because the kids liked to talk. We also joked last night before bedtime that santa wanted beef jerky instead of cookies left for him when he visited.

This is a mixed Christmas for me this year because old habits die hard and new ones are slow to catch on.

Old habits: I have to make a crockpot full of baked beans and I don't even eat them anymore. Of course bbq sauce and brown sugar is in my recipe that everyone wants. Sooo, I'm cooking them because my DW says we have to bring what the relatives want. I have a kid taste them so I know what ingredients to add.

New habits: This year, without any pushing or suggesting from me, my DW chose to fill the stockings (4 kids) with nuts, seeds and healthy snacks instead of candy. This is the first xmas without candy and it was her idea! Will miracles never cease? I know she did it for me and I appreciate it. She is the only one who sees the work and dedication I put forth on this woe.

On the other hand she doesn't eat much and has sugared ice tea for breakfast and of course is overweight. Unfortunately, I do not think she will ever solve her addiction. So I have help yet I'm alone.

Merry Christmas everyone.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Dec-25-03, 11:01

Plan: lower carb
Stats: 333/199.8/172 Female 5'8"
BF:??/39.0/25
Progress: 83%

Mudknife, I used to make veggie bread (crescent roll crust with sour cream/ranch mix on top, covered in veggies) for every family get together. Everyone always wanted it. Finally, last year, I was so tired of making it that I told everyone that I was quitting, but that I'd be glad to share the recipe if someone else wanted to make it. It had become a tradition and it was my turn to hand it over to someone else. Now my niece makes it and I get to try something else!

So this year I made a lc cheesecake, lc cookies and lc fudge, along with my own green been concoction with cheese sauce, bacon and diced tomatoes. We have several diabetics in the family and other's who need to be low carb, so I hope these go over well.

You might try passing on your recipe, so to speak and see if you have any takers.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Dec-25-03, 15:33
I'll get there yet!

Plan: Atkins/nutritionist blend
Stats: 319/284.4/150 Female 66.5 inches
BF:way/too/much
Progress: 20%

Dianne,

Passing on the recipe is a great idea! What I've ended up doing (I'm the one whose house everyone comes to) is ADDING dishes. For Thanksgiving, last month, I made a few baked potatoes and baked sweet potatoes, but ALSO had the mashed cauliflower. Oh, well, it's worth it.

Jude
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Dec-25-03, 16:04

Plan: Atkins cheat free
Stats: 313/167/164 Female 69 inches
BF:who knows
Progress: 98%

mudknife all you can do is be a shining example for her. When she has her AH HA moment just as each of us did she will be ready to lose the weight and look for a way that works. Your efforts will be fresh in her mind. You are providing the nurishment for her ah ha moment and it will come one day.
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Dec-25-03, 18:42
90 Days at a Time

Plan: Glycemic Load
Stats: 426/405.2/326 Male 74 in.
BF:
Progress: 21%

Santa still manages to leave a stocking for me and the wife haning from the mantle each year. This year mine was filled with LC candies and other LC goodies (Slim Jim's, beef jerky, a jar of macadamia nuts!)...

I think Santa may be on a low carb plan of his own. Give that boy a couple of years and he will look more like a chippendale model than a tummy like a bowl full of jelly!
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Dec-25-03, 20:12

Plan: atkins
Stats: 524/524/325 Male 71"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Congrats MisterE!!!
I see you made the 3's with a bang.
You musta been a good boy for Santa to bring you a great gift like that.

dave
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Dec-26-03, 19:22

Plan: Atkins (DANDR)
Stats: 250/140/140 Female 5' 7
BF:?/28%/?
Progress: 100%

Kids are the greatest. My son loves helping with what I am "supposed" to eat. If I walk too fast and he has to run to catch up he laughs and says that I am Atkins mommy, faster than the average mom. He even eats fresh spinach with me every day and says we are the Atkins/PopEye family and will have great muscles This has been a great Christmas!
Marie
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Dec-29-03, 10:01

Stats: 255/187/150 Female 5'0
BF:
Progress: 65%

Santa at our house wrote a note to the kids thanking them for skipping the usual milk and cookies (they are in high school now and "forgot" the tradition). He said he assumed the almonds in the other room were for him and was glad to have an LC snack!

They were mildly amused . My kids are interested in my weight loss effort but I also think slightly concerned that their normal access to treats is disrupted. Has anyone ever done a thread about how teenagers react to a parent's weight loss?
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Dec-29-03, 10:04

Stats: -/140/135 Female 5'10"
BF:All Fat?
Progress: 52%

The stockings at our house this year were filled with non-food items, such as sparkly Christmas socks for me and my daughter, small toys and art supplies, etc. Overall I am trying to de-emphasize food in our house and no one seems to be noticing all that much.