Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Nov-25-00, 04:08
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%
Exclamation

A small joke. Actually a Forum member asked some excellent questions by email, and has given permission to post it here. Thanks, Barb!
Here's the email conversation about Shipping, Inventory and Product Lines:
=====
Yes, the shipping is weight-dependent (and that's why I put the weights of the products on the order form). It does make sense, though, to blend the two orders because the shipping starts at a minimum and then 'scales' up, so generally a single heavier order costs less to ship than 2 orders that each weigh half the single order... bringing the
shipping-per-item cost down a bit. There is also the option, if it can be arranged, of having someone headed your way from Victoria pick up an order and bring it on over in the trunk. Free shipping! <grin!>

The more the merrier; I don't mind if ALL the Vancouver residents band together for a case of this or that and make alternate shipping arrangements. Something you'all might want to discuss in the Forum?

As for the wholewheat pizza crusts, adding to the product line is going to take some time. It's taken months just to make commercial arrangements for the 3 product lines I've got now. If this co-op thing works and I can get in some inventory at some future date, I'd look at that, but right now it's dependent on this co-op/prepaid part being
supported by Canadian LCers, as I've described on my main page.

Meanwhile, if I spot any "Pita Factory(?) w/w pizza crusts" I can post that to the List and Forum (I'll keep an eye out, I always do).

I'm planning on trying the Large Tortillas as pizza crusts (I want to get my hands on a label, but I understand they are organic whole wheat/soy flours and oat bran). You might want to consider that for the time being.

The same thing re the Protein Powders and purchasing; I'd like to look into that in future, but it can't happen until the co-op process is rolling and there's enough margin to add products and/or get an actual inventory in stock. There are some good ones in the market, I do a lot of recipe research and am always on the lookout for a good buy that's
good quality and genuinely low carb. The Dynawhey is an excellent buy but doesn't have a 'natural' or plain vanilla (see the Shopping section on the webpage), from Superstore but does have 3 excellent flavours, no aspartame, I use for "sweet" baking and home-made protein "bars". I'm also using the WheyPro Elite (Natural or Unflavoured) right now, I think it's < $40 for the 908grams. I find the best selection of LC (less than 3 carbs/serving) protein powders in the "body building" sections of a largish health food store. You might want to phone around and see if it's available. I figure if I can get it in Victoria, it's GOT to be somewhere in Vancouver. I also keep an inexpensive soy protein isolate powder on hand for baking and such,
unflavoured and unsweetened, brand is SoyaRx (I think).

Hope that helps?

Anyway, let me know when you decide (and what) on the co-op/ordering thing.

PS: these are *great* questions for the CO-OP section in the Forum... maybe feedback from others would be helpful, too? Would you consider posting them, or do you mind if I post this to the Forum?

==Judi==

--- Barb wrote:
> Hi Island Girl.
>
> I have a couple of questions for you. I live in North Vancouver and
> my girlfriend lives in West Van. We would be ordering together as
> one order. Both of us are registered on the Canadian Low Carb Site
> you have a link to.
>
> Does the price of shipping go up because of weight? When we are out
> of the supplies we have now, we might order a couple of bottles of
> syrup each and then some tortillas as well. That could end up being
> one heck of a heavy box.
>
> Any chance you would be able to find whole wheat pizza crusts. There
> was a company that sold their 8 inch ones to Capers but Capers won't
> sell them anymore. They were made by the Pita Factory or something
> like that. Turns out they weren't reliable with their orders so the
> store dumped them. They were the best thin crust pizza shells I had
> ever had, organic and 100% whole wheat.
>
> Also, would you be interested in carrying chocolate and vanilla
> protein powders with a low carb level? I am finding protein powder
> is sooooo expensive. I don't use shakes but do bake power bars and
> muffins with it. Most also have about 10 carbs per scoop. I found
> one with less but of course it is even more expensive. At the moment
> I am using a brand called Whey by Interactive Nutrition out of Ottawa
> Ontario. It tastes good, is Aspartame free and only has 2g carbs in
> two heaping scoops! For the small can (400g) it cost $20.59
> Canadian. If you can beat that price by bulk buying, I would
> certainly go though you instead of the store in the area.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Barb
=====
Sponsored Links