Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Pre-Maintenance & Maintenance
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Nov-26-04, 19:08

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 148/108/108 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default Size Zero

True story. I just had to post this. I went to the Mall today (Black Fridays and all that). I tried on a skirt at American Eagle Outfitters. It was a size 4, my post Atkins normal size. It was big, so I tried on size 2. That fit better, but still to roomy. I tried on a size zero....and it fit. Never in my life had I even dream of wearing such a small size. Granted, it was the cut of the skirt. I tried on others and the 0 size was a little too tight...but still! All I can say is that this was such a long way from my old size 12. I felt so weird. My sister dragged my out of store to eat one slice of cheese cake in the mall cafe to celebrate.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Nov-26-04, 19:09

Plan: still deciding
Stats: 300/300/140 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress:

Wow. I wish.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Nov-29-04, 06:21

Plan: My Own
Stats: 200/180/175 Male 5'11.5"
BF:sz36/sz31/sz30
Progress: 80%

size 12 to 0??? WOW!
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Nov-29-04, 18:59

BF:

Not so strange, when you think about it. I had always been thin most of my adult life unitl after the birth of my child. I just put on the weight. Since I went on Atlkins, I've been thin again since 1999. Being thin, suits me. I'm just under 5'3" Too weird about the size zero though.....like I said before, my average size is 2-4. That was just a fluke
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Nov-29-04, 19:23
Registered Member

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 143/140/115 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 11%

how long did it take you to lose the weight? Did you work out or anything? We have about similiar stats so i was just wondering, congratulations on your loss i was a size 0-1 during this summer and gained the freshman 15 (25 in my case) from starting school and im dying to get this weight off

#6   ^
Old Mon, Nov-29-04, 19:37

BF:

By the spring of 1999, I was 148 lbs....the heaviest I was ever in my life. I startd on Atkins....was very strict with myself did some running and walking to work. In six months I went down to 109 lbs. I have stayed between 110 lbs and 114 lbs ever since. My natural body type is toward being thin. I have a so called swimmers body....wide shoulders, small waist, and thight bottom. I'm also short....just under 5'3". I would love to know if other people have stayed on their goal weight at least over two years
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Nov-29-04, 21:05

Plan: low carb
Stats: 150/150/120 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 0%

Smilemile-
I also suffered from the freshman 15..errr 30. I am 5'6.5 and went from a size 4 at 120 pounds to a size 9-10 at about 150 pounds. It took me about 5 months on Atkins to get back to normal. I now hover between 115 and 120 pounds and am fitting into size 0's and 2's. Boy did I learn the hard way what 3am pizza and keggers can quickly do...
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Nov-30-04, 08:03
Registered Member

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 143/140/115 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 11%

Wow thanks you guys that gives me some encouragement, especially cococarby we are the exact same height and i am at the weight you started at and its difficult but with encouragement from people like you and rachealratz it is already a little easier. Thank you guys so much!!!!
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Nov-30-04, 23:07

Plan: low carb
Stats: 150/150/120 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 0%

No problem Just let me have any questions at all, this board is great!!
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Dec-03-04, 21:45
Registered Member

Stats: 280/118/117.5 Female 5ft 5.25 in
BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachelratz
True story. I just had to post this. I went to the Mall today (Black Fridays and all that). I tried on a skirt at American Eagle Outfitters. It was a size 4, my post Atkins normal size. It was big, so I tried on size 2. That fit better, but still to roomy. I tried on a size zero....and it fit. Never in my life had I even dream of wearing such a small size. Granted, it was the cut of the skirt. I tried on others and the 0 size was a little too tight...but still! All I can say is that this was such a long way from my old size 12. I felt so weird. My sister dragged my out of store to eat one slice of cheese cake in the mall cafe to celebrate.

The smallest "vanity size" i've found is a 2 so far... my good ole' old navy boot cut dark denim jeans . Normally I'm good in a 4, although I've been noticing they've been getting baggier recently . Also, now all juniors 7's are too big, and I'm pretty solidly a 5 there. Used to be that sometimes I would need a 7. I've yet to try on a juniors 3 and have it fit (since juniors jeans are typically cut to designed to be tight anyway)... oh what fun that would be .
  #11   ^
Old Sat, Dec-04-04, 11:25
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/146/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 119%

I was going to say, "that's an advantage of being short - fitting into a size 0"

...but then I read cococarby's post. I'm as tall as her. I wear an 8-12, depending on brand. Maybe Canada just doesn't have vanity sizing. Yeah, that's it.
  #12   ^
Old Sun, Dec-05-04, 21:27

BF:

Body shape in addition to how tall you are has something to do with what size you wear. I have a flat tush, always have, even when I was heavy. (Grins...so does Paris Hilton) Now I can get into the tiny skirts and very low ride jeans. I went from a size 12 bathing suit with a skirt cover to a small bikini (size 2). It all depends on the cut....but have a tight bottom helps.
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Dec-08-04, 21:58
Registered Member

Stats: 280/118/117.5 Female 5ft 5.25 in
BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristine
I was going to say, "that's an advantage of being short - fitting into a size 0"

...but then I read cococarby's post. I'm as tall as her. I wear an 8-12, depending on brand. Maybe Canada just doesn't have vanity sizing. Yeah, that's it.

I think canadian sizes are cut smaller.
An 8 in canada has to be more like a 4-6 US, right?
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Dec-08-04, 22:18

Plan: Paleoish/Keto
Stats: 225/167/175 Male 71.5 inches
BF:18%
Progress: 116%

So what is the size smaller than 0 called?
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Dec-08-04, 22:50

Stats: 156/146.8/139 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 54%

Mike, believe it or not in Canada we have double zero.

It's the Woo - not sure about the vanity sizing thing. Seems to me that when I shop in the US I wear a similar size.

Julie