Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jun-30-04, 20:06

Plan: Atkins/M&E/HCG
Stats: 233/186/160 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 64%
Default Another person here looking to change from Atkins to CAD.

I've been lurking around here at the support forum for CAD/CALP but havent found the answer to this question.
I'm reading about the "cheat sheet" but I'm not finding it. I know it's probably right in front of my nose, but I'm still missing it. Is this "cheet sheet" the same as allowable/allowed foods?
I have the book on order and I'm not changing plans until I get to read it, I know better than that.
My last worry is, after being on Atkins and their support forum, I'm a bit worried about CAD forum. Doesn't seem like a whole lot of people. Of course that doesn't meant there isn't a lot of support to be had. So I'm sort of wondering about that. Is this a close group open to newcomers? I've kind of been spoiled with all the Atkins people around. But hey, if it doesn't work anymore it's time to move on right? I'm just looking to see what else is out there right now.

Thanks for any suggestions, opinions, and all support your willing to give.

Deana
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jun-30-04, 21:22

Plan: IF & Paleo
Stats: 270/254/150 Female 68 inches
BF:--- too much!
Progress: 13%

Hola Deana!

Quote:
Is this a close group open to newcomers?

Absolutely! I am fairly new to CAD and have never felt so welcome. Plus, there is still a lot of conversation to be had on these boards. I am everywhere including the more general LC threads within the Atkins forum (I'm a nuisance like that!).

Yes, the cheat sheet documents foods that are allowed during complementary meals or snacks. Of course, people are as different as flowers in that one thing that is right as rain for someone might not be for someone else. I have no problem with zucchini or tomatoes at my CMs but others do.

Good luck and happy reading! Paris
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jun-30-04, 22:57

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 162/153/145 Female 5 feet, 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 53%

howdy howdy, we're small but supportive! I like reading about the science of low-carbing in general, and read some of the threads in the controversial section.

it's getting later here, I'm gonna call it a night, but come back if you have more questions.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jul-01-04, 06:35

BF:

Thank you for the replys. I cant wait to get my book from the library. I think I might have found a new way of eating.
Atkins just doesnt seem to be cutting it for me. I don't bings on unacceptable foods on Atkins but I do keep finding myself binging on acceptable foods. So basically I still have a control problem and seem to be going no where. I love eating lc and have no desire to change that. But maybe my body and my mind are ready for a change in plans. I also hate going out to eat with friends. I always feel like a wierdo. Not that they make me feel that way, I make myself feel that way.
The reward meal would be great, knowing its actually ok to eat that ice cream. I believe I would still choose lc options when available but to know it's ok and not have to continue to feelt hat guilt for eating it anyway. I do love the idea of a time restriction. Especially cant wait to read on the reasoning behind that point.
Thanks

Deana
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Jul-02-04, 13:00
Registered Member

Plan: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet
Stats: 180/148/130 Female 5ft 3.5in
BF:unknown

hi
deanna, I'm a switch over from Atkins too. How is it going for you? I've only been doing this a little over a week. I'm still having a hard time digesting the carbs allowed in my Reward Meal, hopefully it will get better. I have 2 of the books that the Hellers wrote.The basic book describing the plan and the physiology behind it, and the one they just released that tells you how to et back on track once you've gotten derailed, I think it's a good system. I have to admit though, I do not weigh myself every day. I just know this seems to work with my chemistry the best of all the lc diets that I've tried. VBS is having a barbeque tonight so now I can eat and not worry about it, that sure is a great feeling. Have a great weekend, Judy
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Jul-02-04, 20:36

BF:

Hi Judy,

You don't have a journal for me to post in so I will write it here. I haven't started CAD yet. I've been waiting to get the book and read it so I make sure I this this the correct way. I just got the CALP book from the library tonight, the other book CAD is on order, when it comes in the library will mail it to me. I started reading tonight but had to put it down. DH decided he wanted to go see Spider Man 2, great movie. So I will pick up tomorrow where I left off. I'm so excited to get through the book and get started.

Deana
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Jul-02-04, 21:56
Registered Member

I think you'll like it when you finally get started. I thought the test was very revealing to me. My girls and I tested level 2 carb addict and my son tested a level 3. Hubby don't have a carb addict problem and he does well on Atkins. In fact he's already on maintenance and he started in December. I have a ways to go and I started in August. But that was Atkins and I like CAD better. I don't really care how long it takes anymore since I can have all the good stuff for one meal a day.. Let us know how it works for you. Judy
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Jul-03-04, 15:03

BF:

Thanks Judy,

Hey question, where is Port Orchard? I'm from Washington state. Been in Florida going on 12 years. I grew up in a little town called Battle Ground, ever hear of it? It's out side of Vancouver, WA.

Deana
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Jul-03-04, 21:55
Registered Member

Actually we're across the sound from Seattle. We're Kitsap county, near the Bremerton Naval Base. Can't say as I've heard of your little burg, but I do like the Vancouver area. Do you get back to visit much? I'm originally from Western Michigan and hardly ever get back there. My folks passed away many years ago, and I have no family there any more. I am going to go to the Amazon and see if they have a Pilates Video or DVD wish me luck. Judy
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Jul-04-04, 07:40

BF:

I wish I could say I get home more often but truth is no. I haven't been in Washington for about 4 years no. We had a family reunion then. I do still have family there, Mother sister and 2 brothers. With emails it so much easier to keep in touch. But really not the same as being there.

So how did you make out on the Amazon site? What did ya buy?

Deana
  #11   ^
Old Sun, Jul-04-04, 09:13
Registered Member

With how busy our lives seem to get I can certainly understand how a person just doesn't seem to find the time, energy, or money to make it back too often.The internet is amazing, I reconnected to the lady I used to babysit for when I was a Teenager, and started corresponding with people in other countries. Who would have thought that possible even 10 years ago. I bought 2 pilates DVD's, I got a better price then I could find them locally. The one thing I like about Amazon is they offer used merchandise when possible. I'm hoping to get some flexibility back in my joints. It seems lately it's all gone south(ha ha). Have a good Sunday, Judy
  #12   ^
Old Sun, Jul-04-04, 09:40

BF:

I'm with you on loving Amazon. I've bought most of my books and exercise videos there as well. The price for used things fit perfect in my budget.

Deana
  #13   ^
Old Sun, Jul-04-04, 09:52
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

Hi Deana-
Welcome to CAD/CALP. I have been on this about a year ( in 11 days) and love it.
You're right- this forum is much slower than the Atkins, but it's QUALITY not quantity. There is not a lot of fluff on this, and we are a smaller group. Welcome and hope we can help.
Eno
  #14   ^
Old Fri, Jul-09-04, 13:00
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 232/232/190 Male 6'3"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hi, I've been on Atkins for 15 months and have been maintaining my weight loss for the last 7 and am getting a bit tired of Atkins. I am going to give CAD a try - it sounds like it will be a great alternative! I look forward to posting on here and reading all the great info!
  #15   ^
Old Fri, Jul-09-04, 21:54
Registered Member

Hi Erick, I think you'll like CAD. I spent a couple years on and off Atkins and Protein Power and even tried to be low carb vegetarian. This CAD seems to work with my chemistry. I know I can have the good stuff at least once a day. It makes the rest of it livable to me. Let us know how it going for you. Judy