Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Schwarzbein Principle
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Jun-08-03, 13:41
Registered Member

Plan: Swartzbein Principle
Stats: 120/106/100
BF:
Progress: 70%
Unhappy Aack!

I have decided that measuring my waistline is probably a better indication of my progress-just weighed myself and it said 120??! I think because I have a hard time standing on a scale/ I lean weird because of no balance and get a screwed up weight?I supposedly started at 115 but who knows?My waist was probably around 30-32 when I started--now it is 29 1/2.Can see a bit of difference in the belly--We had indian takeout twice this week and I think I will lay off for a while/the descriptions of the dishes are quite vauge and might be hindering weight loss. Still looking for recipies of our faves? My goal for the rest of the month is to walk and swim at least once a week,Any suggestions for an accurate weight measurement would be great!My waistline goal is 25 inches.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-03, 07:03
Stepford Malfunction

Plan: FatFlush inspired
Stats: 143.5/132/130 Female 62.5 inches
BF:37%/25.%/19%
Progress: 85%

Hi Kayte

I'm glad that you can already see a difference in your waist. I think you should keep track of your measurements and re-measure once a week. Sometimes we lose inches and not pounds.

I symphathize with your problem on getting an accurate measurement from the scale. Would it help to have someone with you when you weigh, if you are not to shy to let someone else see your scale weight they could read the number for you if you could manage a more level position on the scale.

#3   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-03, 10:24
Registered Member

BF:
Talking

Hi Koko-
Yes,I've tried having my boyfriend help,but I still teeter and lean on him too much or lurch forward on the scale. I think it's just easier to do the tape measure.....We are having so much fun on this diet,and everybody's support has been great. Scott's co-workers have noticed his weight loss and it makes their jaw drop when he tells them a high fat diet has made the lbs melt away
Kayte
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-03, 14:48
Registered Member

Plan: The Schwarzbein Principle
Stats: 130/120/120
BF:
Progress: 100%

Do you think the scale would weigh accurately if you were to kneel on it instead of standing? I will try to remember to do this when I go home tonight and let you know.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-03, 15:01
Registered Member

BF:
Talking

Thanks Lisa-great idea--
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Jun-10-03, 06:40
Stepford Malfunction

Plan: FatFlush inspired
Stats: 143.5/132/130 Female 62.5 inches
BF:37%/25.%/19%
Progress: 85%

Kayte and Lisa

Hey the kneeling really is a great idea!!!! hope it works, I was coming back to suggest to Kayte that if there was no way to weigh accurately it might be a blessing in disguise as so many of us become a slave to the numbers on the scale.

#7   ^
Old Tue, Jun-10-03, 09:07
Registered Member

Plan: The Schwarzbein Principle
Stats: 130/120/120
BF:

The scale weighed the same standing as when I kneeled, but I have to admit it was rather awkward and I had to try to keep my feet from touching the floor. I worked better when I just squatted down instead of kneeling. Koko might be right...it might be a blessing that you have so much trouble with the scale
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Jun-10-03, 09:39
Mad Scientist

Plan: Healthy eating/lifestyle
Stats: 156/115/115 Female 5'4 - small frame
BF:

Ok, I realize this is totally off-topic, but Kayte, if you lose your balance on a scale, you might want to work on your proprioception. As you age, you tend to lose your proprioception, which results in avoidable accidents, such as falling down the stairs. You need to work at doing exercises on an unstable base.

The ideal and cheapest tool for this is the fitball. Another way is to walk on a treadmill without holding onto the bars. There are many exercises you can do to challenge proprioception by purposefully not supporting yourself. Even stretching excercises work. Even closing your eyes while performing an excercise works well. Just make sure you are within arm's reach of something to support yourself b/c you will repeatedly lose your balance in the beginning. It's amazing how quickly proprioception improves when you start challenging it.

Here's an article on proprioception if you are interested: Proprioception

...oops I just searched your past posts and found out that you have a disability. That explains the proprioception problem. My apologies, ignore everything I posted...

Wanda