Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Feb-20-08, 02:50

Plan: low carb
Stats: 330/317.0/154 Female 1.65cm
BF:
Progress: 7%
Default Tracey's BFL

Ok todays my third day on the bfl only doing the training, eating Atkins.
Last night I did 35 min cardio on the bike, I just couldnt manage the 45min.

Tonight us upper body.

My body is very stiff today and its stiff all over.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Feb-20-08, 23:14

BF:

Yesterday was upper body this is what I did
Chest- Dumbbell bench press- Reps 12,10,8,6 and 12 high point
Dumbbell flyes reps 12 highpoint

Shoulders-Seated Dumbbell press- Reps 12,10,8,6 and 12 high point
Bent over raises- Reps 12

Back- One arem dumbbell rows- Reps 12,10,8,6 and 12 high point
Reverse Grip Pull downs- Reps 12 high point

Triceps- Dumbbell extentions- Reps 12,10,8,6 and 12 High Point
Close Grip Pushdowns- Reps 12 high point

Biceps- Seated dumbbell curls- Reps 12,10,8,6 and 12 high point
Hammer curls- Reps 12 highpoint.

Surprisingly Iam ok today. I think Iam doing my exercises too fast as my hands cant grip the weights for too long. The hands will get stronger as I continue then I will be able to do them a bit slower.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Feb-21-08, 23:05

BF:

Did cardio for only 31 minutes last night, I have got to try and up my time.

Not sore at all today, which to me isnt a good thing. Weight isnt budging.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Feb-22-08, 12:27
lcgrrl2006

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

Wow Tracey, I'm impressed! 30 minutes is a lot!
Don't worry the weight will come off.....you know the weird thing that happens...you lose the fat and then water makes itself at home for a spell. You are losing it just doesn't reflect on the scale right away....
Denise
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Feb-25-08, 23:21

BF:

Monday night was upper body got through the whole routine. I feel rather tierd this morning but thats normal, doesnt matter if Iam gyming or not I feel tierd. I think I should take more vitamins.

Iam craving milk, so last night I started on a full box of calcium tables that I have never opened. silly me.

I know Iam going to look amazing after this 12 week challenge. When I get money Iam going to buy myself some Whey Protein shakes..........I think I need them.

I wonder if everyone else has to force themselves to go gym like I do. I get close to having to slap myself all the way to the gym lol.

So Iam on week 11 only 10 more weeks to go, which isnt that long if you think about it.

I think Iam really doing well and I know Iam trying my best, suppose thats all that matters.
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Feb-26-08, 11:09
lcgrrl2006

Plan:
BF:
Progress:

Hi sweetie, I had to force myself the first few months - but then it was easy. I have hardly worked out in over 2 months (fitness center closed for a month, then surgery. Hmm, wonder if I'll have to start over with my attitude too?
Keep up the terrific work! It does get easier. Denise
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Feb-27-08, 03:07

BF:

Ok last night was cardio did 35min on bike.........my times picking up. Maybe its cause I added a bit of carbs or maybe its cause Iam getting used to it. I dont know.
Tonight is lower body...............blah. Atleast the weather will be kind to me today its cool here and raining.
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Feb-27-08, 06:16
lcgrrl2006

Plan:
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracey c
Thanks for your support in my gym log, I appreciate it.
Sorry to hear you had a bad day at work. If it makes you feel better Iam having bad days at work and at home. Had enough actually, so I have done what a snail would do in danger go into my shell and hope to hell I dont open my big trap and say things I might regret later on.

Well if you figure out a stress relief way let me know I will be there

Oh well such is life hey.

I must say Iam trying to focus on just me these days which I find a little difficult to do as Iam one of those darn people pleases...................you know what I mean. Iam trying, I want to be number one in my life.

You have a great day doll try not to stress so much.

Hugs
Tracey

Hi sweetheart. I'm proud that you are sticking to your workouts!!! I'll try to go back to the fitness center on Saturday and see how the weights affect the pressure in my neck/face. Hopefully it will have improved by then. Exercise has been a coping mechanism for depression for me - and I haven't had that for a couple of months. I slipped with the food last week and I think that was the part of it. It seems this winter will never end - it was snowing on the way to work this morning (5:30am). They are already predicting snow for mid March. Sheesh!!!
My morale at my job hasn't been the best since I found out I'll be replaced this summer. Then the pain I have had to endure the past month or so while trying to do my job made everything worse. Luckily, my boss was understanding. Starting to feel better and I need to refocus on this job and do the best til I leave. I don't feel good about myself unless I am doing a good job. About the co worker - I hope that gets better. There is nothing worse than working with someone that has a vendetta against you at work. I'm a Libra. I crave harmony, but find it elusive.
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Feb-27-08, 22:48

BF:

Ok last night was lower body.........not bad at all. Still dragged myself out to the gym, hope that gets better.

Iam hungry already this morning, maybe my metab is working for a change.
I dont normally eat very early only start eating at 9am cant stomach food too early and its only 6-45am now.

I cant drink those protein shakes they are aweful, whoever thinks they are yummy must be nutty.
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Feb-28-08, 07:30
lcgrrl2006

Plan:
BF:
Progress:

Morning Sweet Pea! I've been ravenous the past two days - chalking it up to the antibiotic I'm on....or the yeast that are thriving on it....

I like Atkins Chocolate Royale - but many do think it's nasty!

Denise
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Mar-03-08, 09:01
lcgrrl2006

Plan:
BF:
Progress:

I'm yearning for some gym activity...guess I should get my behind to the fitness center huh? What are you up to? Denise
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Mar-03-08, 23:13

BF:

Last night did lower body, didnt really feel like doing it due to TOM. I did it though and felt better afterwards. Tonight is cardio-forgot to charge my cd player. Gotta make a plan.
  #13   ^
Old Tue, Mar-04-08, 09:33
lcgrrl2006

Plan:
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracey c
Last night did lower body, didnt really feel like doing it due to TOM. I did it though and felt better afterwards. Tonight is cardio-forgot to charge my cd player. Gotta make a plan.

Good for you Tracey. I've lost my passion for working out - having not been able to do it much in the last 2 months. Fitness center closed last night due to inclimate weather but I could have done something at home. I'll commit to do the fast track tonight and my weight training regime on Wednesday. denise
  #14   ^
Old Tue, Mar-04-08, 23:22

BF:

All I can say is ouch. Due to TOM my legs were sore last night but I atleast managed 30 min on the bike.

I had to push myself! I did it though.
  #15   ^
Old Mon, Mar-10-08, 02:10

BF:

Bought a bench with it I got 4x free Bill phillips body for life dvds (the programme Iam following) Ok now I feel like and idiot!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Iam trying so hard to do 45 min cardio when one only needs to do 20 minutes (ok its in my nature to not read everything properly I skim through a lot of things) Ok Iam trying a lot of new things with my eating, I dont know exactly if Iam doing it right.

I learnt something else from the dvds! I try to rush through my workouts to get to watch my 7.30pm programmes (best programmes are at 7.30pm) so I look like Iam on fast forward while exercising.......................Iam not supposed to Iam supposed to lift and realease slowly!

Why am I doing so many things wrong? I either take this seriously or I might as well leave it........................and Iam NOT going to leave it Iam going to work my ass off even if it means sitting in the gym until midnight I will do it!!!!