Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#151   ^
Old Tue, Sep-26-17, 16:15

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Made it thru my 4 hour shift as cashier! I was with someone else for the first 1.5 hrs and then on my own! There were people around I could call for if needed, but I was the only register open for awhile. It went ok. I couldn't believe how busy we were for a Tuesday afternoon. I did everything from general sales to returns to exchanges. Tomorrow will be a long day for sure.

I took Advil Cold & Sinus to get me thru. They also allowed me to have a water bottle. My boss said water is never a problem, just keep it out of sight. I was glad since the decongestant makes me so thirsty. I can tell it is wearing off now as I'm feeling stuffy again. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

Going to take it easy this evening. DH has a meeting and I'm just going to chill. I actually feel like I need a nap!

Have a good evening!
Sponsored Links
  #152   ^
Old Tue, Sep-26-17, 16:52

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Very quick in as I just plugged in TIME IN BETWEEN at Blues suggestion! Can't wait. Sooooo cool 1920's----- the start THANKS BLUE....OMG I love the set- looks like Nana's house!

Dishes done, dog walked, in jammies- long day at office

Didn't get the pizza crust at TJ- it involved corn flour and sugar- 17 carbs for a sliver........
Gotta run to watch this- snuggling in
  #153   ^
Old Tue, Sep-26-17, 16:56

BF:

OMG- Blue- these are the dresses my grandma kept for me to play dress up- HOOKED
  #154   ^
Old Tue, Sep-26-17, 19:23

BF:

episode 5 WOWOWOWOWO
binging on a work night
  #155   ^
Old Wed, Sep-27-17, 04:31

BF:

Good Morning- Another day - same party different day! Same hot and humid, over it.

Loving that series Blue got me hooked on.
You all are pretty quite- that means things are really good or really not.
I am going to assume everyone humming along.

Lori- are you feeling better? Glad you get to go to the Keys! I think that is great, they need all the money down there they can get. Did you say Key West?
Are you not playing golf anymore? I would think Fall would be a pretty time to play. Is it not a year round game?
Pretty exciting about another client. You are right- your head has to be in it. Where did you find this person?

Blue- thanks for the Netflix suggestion! You are so right, I am loving it.
How are things in your corner of the world? Any new thoughts about clients? Do you have a Facebook page regarding your business? That seems to be the way things are going today. I think I am the only person not on Facebook.

Leeann- How are you doing on your WOE? I haven't seen you mention it lately.

KMOM- I am disappointed TJ crusts were a no. They didn't even look good. So I did however find the exact ones you ordered. So are they really worth the 50.00 dollars? And how did it get to you still frozen? I have never ordered food items on line.
Hope you are doing well! Any plans for the weekend? Yes I have already gone to wanting the weekend. It's only Wed.

Trig- I hate when I lose a post!!!! GRhhhhhh- and it's usually a click of a button! We have all done it.
Hope you are loving your new ride. Are you getting out and about? Your weather and mine is about the same.
--------------------------------------------------
Boy oh boy- I just can't fathom what is going on in Puerto Rico! My DD actually spent a summer there when she was in high school. She went on a mission trip there. She loved the people there. She went with a church group. She stayed in the orphanage there and helped with the kids. She helped with a summer camp for them. So awful to watch.

Ya know my whining about my weight seems to trivial, in light of what is going on with people who have lost everything due to these Hurricanes. I am almost to the point of unplugging for a few days, at least the news.

I get a bone density test on Friday. Nothing is wrong. "They" say every woman should get one after 50, and or after menopause. Sorta a base line going forward. It will be a in and out test. My Mamo is next month. I should be good with all my stuff though the end of the year. I might try to squeeze in some blood work in Dec. That way I can get it done before I restart with a new deductible.

I have been doing well WOE. No loses, no gain- just stuck. I am going to go to that gym that offers no judgments for 10 bucks a month! We all know that one. I am not a big gym rat by any means- well at all. I know I need some support to get off my arss.
More to come on that.

We are all putting in our requests for the holidays already. It's around the corner. Lori- you likely see that more than the rest of us. Being in retail as your hobby job.

AVA- update.....drum roll...... she has been moved from the critical area of the NICU- to the step-down area. Meaning she is stable and just growing at this point with NO complications.
My DD called and ask me if I was interested in helping her buy some premie girly outfits. ARE YA KIDDING ME???? I am SO excited to buy ruffled pink anything for her.
You think it's to soon for sparkles???? Dazzle? That little thing now weighs 3.5 pounds-

I will end on that beautiful note!
Have a great day everyone
  #156   ^
Old Wed, Sep-27-17, 05:35

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Jaz.....your post made my morning. So glad to hear that our Ava is growing and has been moved to the step down unit. That is one special little girl you have there. I have a feeling that she will be the light of your life!

I have not played golf or even wanted to since Labor Day weekend when I played so poorly. This weekend is supposed to be much cooler, so I doubt anyone will play. I have off on Sunday, so if any of my friends call and ask about playing, I'll go. We'll see.

Jaz.....good on you for looking into a gym. Don't kill yourself doing cardio. Weight training is SO important as we age and is often overlooked. Get some good instruction if you are unsure of what to do. Good luck!

Speaking of gyms....I go back to boot camp on Monday morning. I may die. I'm also going to look into our new Rec center so I can resume some weight training. I used to do it a lot and I miss it. I want to build up my upper arms and shoulders. I have some decent muscle in my upper arms from boot camp, but dedicated weight training will help a lot. I had planned to start this week, but with this sinus thing, I just didn't feel like it.

My head feels stuffier this morning. I'll take my decongestant just before I head to work at 8:30. I had a few coughing fits in the night which didn't help my sleep any. I'm anxious to have this cold or whatever over with. I hope I don't catch a bunch of bugs this year working with the public. Time will tell.

Jaz..you asked how I found my new client. I played golf with her in a tournament this summer. She wanted my phone number and instead of her writing it down, I just gave her one of my business cards. We talked a bit about weight loss while playing and she said she had an appt with a traditional nutritionist but if that didn't work, she would be in touch. Well, she contacted me a few weeks ago.

Ok...gotta fly. I hope you all have a fabulous Wednesday!
  #157   ^
Old Wed, Sep-27-17, 07:36

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Jaz so glad Ava is doing so well and ya know shopping for little girly outfits and glamour clothes is always fun!!!

New truck is sweet. Hubby in heaven. I got my SUV back and drove it home from the shop with my brand new keys and I fell in love with it again.....gonna go super slow on trading for another.

I got too much crap happening to car shop now anyway LOL

Lori, sorry you are so stuffy! OMG I live with stuffy and allergy and clogged sinus and more...drives me crazy but it is the kind of thing you can function thru most days.

Sounds like your new job is gonna suit you ok...like ya said, if it gets weird you can always quit Beauty of retirement LOL

HI EVERYONE!! gonna be a fast one now

hubby off today and talked him into weed whacking and he is out there doing just that HAHA
I have inside things first to handle---I am so behind it seems in everything, bleck, getting too darn old to juggle 55 things at once like I used too, and plus, being older now, hell I don't want to

off later to close on the property with the lawyer....omg I want that big check in my hot little hand NOW!!! 2 yrs and the 30 acres finally sold so that is off our backs now. When ya stop the farming the land is like a noose around your neck then....so no farming for us anymore, don't need this extra 30 acres so off it goes to someone else!

check in later, everyone have a great day!!
  #158   ^
Old Wed, Sep-27-17, 07:38

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

I'm still here! Been doing my usual check in daily but yeah, with this small group it can seem quiet when someone is gone for whatever reason.

Jaz, that is really really great news about Ava. I am absolutely thrilled. SUPER HAPPY!!

Lori- Sorry you are still stuffy but it will probably take a few days to run its course.

I am thrilled that the hot weather is going to be breaking- cooler by some tomorrow and then down to fall temps by the weekend. YAY!! I have had about enough of this.

Yes, still doing my WOE. Usually completely on point during the week and more lax on the weekend, but I have lost weight every week for the past three weeks so I am pleased with that. Easing my way back down the scale a titch at a time.

Ds15 has been a challenge at times this week. Good times with a teenager, what else is there to say? DH has been putting in long hours with this case he has going on also.

Sophie continues to heal well. Should hear from the vet about lab results for her today.

Getting in walks pretty often; today I am doing a little shopping to round out DS18's bday gifts.

Have a good day, all!
  #159   ^
Old Wed, Sep-27-17, 10:33

Plan: 20 net carbs
Stats: 250/210/175 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:
Progress:

Jaz:
Yay on Ava! So encouraging!
Wow! TJ's frozen cauliflower crusts have a lot of carbs! One thing that drew me to the ones I told you about is that they are only one net carb for a third of the pizza. Yes, in my mind they are worth it! I paid $64.50 for ten of them. They are not on sale for $50.00 and also include the pan. I like the pan because it is the exact size of the pizza (well a hair larger). They are beyond yummy in my mind. BUT, because of the cost, I would think you would need to LOVE pizza. And maybe also regulate how many you eat a week. I think it is a fairly new company and they are adding more recipes all the time. I want to make them into chips and have them with guacamole. And I want to make crackers out of them and bring them with some cheese when I think I might get stuck out and about. I would say other than my Lavash Bread, these are the best LC thing that has happened to me. Oh...also plan to bring two slices to Costco and get their pizza and just use the toppings. Not all the time, maybe once a month!

Nic:
Yeah, I think it is right to say Tibetan, but not sure. I can ask the mom today when they come. I think the mom is learning right along with the kindergartner! Love how the CASA little girt is in a supportive family and that it is relatives! Interesting that she cried when you left daycare. I think she knows you really care about her.

Trig:
I wonder if you looked over at your husband when he was driving the truck if he is still grinning! Glad you got your SUV back with new keys. Seems you are content with keeping it at least for a while. How is kiddo liking school? Does she still have the blue hair? Did she end up liking and wearing those three pants in different colors, but the same size and brand?

Lori:
Wow...I could just picture you at Dick's at the cashier. My family goes there a lot. Good you got some support the first hour and a half or so, but yikes to be the only cashier for a while! But like you said, there were people nearby.

Blue:
That series sounds great...Time In Between. I may check it out. I am watching Crown, but it is slow. Coming off Ozark, it is REALLY slow! Hmmm...your tomatoes did not last you as long as I would have liked. Next year I will give you more. I think I picked them too early this year. Always learning.

Me:
Yikes! Spend more than seven hours yesterday booking our cruise! Twenty-six people in four person cabins. Trying to figure it all out was so challenging. So many variables! So many choices. There were not that many four person rooms left on the decks I wanted. Ended up getting Deck six, all balcony rooms! Yikes again! But the balcony rooms are more spacious and I figured I am spending so much money as it is, why not get those really cool rooms. I have deaf kids and deaf grandkids and VISUAL is so important to them. Well, I am giving them VISUAL! After I was done with the booking and had booking numbers for all the rooms, I told her we could do more in a few days. She wanted to keep going with the access forms for my deaf family members. But I said I wanted to wait. Well, I stood up and realized I could not move my neck very much. And shoulders were so tight! Uh Oh! I was so afraid my heart wold kick into A-Fib. Remember, I am not supposed to get stressed! Good news! Heart is in normal rhythm! WooHoo! It would have been so hard to stop in the middle of the process as rooms were being taken as we talked. Again, there are a plethora of rooms for two and three people, but the fours are harder to come by. Oh...I am so happy about all of this!

Had my O4 for breakfast and plan to have a shake from GNC for lunch. I bought the powder since it is cheaper than the individual shakes. I went out to Boston Market last night for supper. Did mostly good, but had some potatoes. So I am back on it today. Love my WOE!

K-Mom 10x4
  #160   ^
Old Wed, Sep-27-17, 10:34

BF:
Progress:

Twenty-six people in six four person cabins and me and my SD in a two person cabin! Our cabin is over the top! I will explain more about it later.
  #161   ^
Old Wed, Sep-27-17, 16:36

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all,

Jaz---Oh that little whippersnapper, Ava! What great news. So sweet your daughter asked you to help her w/some baby clothes...but then she knows you, right?! This has just been the coolest thing to be able to go thru this with you and root for Ava. I think we are ALL probably pretty much craving good news.

Don't get me started about what's NOT happening in Puerto Rico almost a week later. These are American citizens. Shameful.

So happy you like "The time in Between." Hubby was gone last weekend and I binged watched the whole thing. 16 episodes! It is so lushly shot and I loved the parts in Morocco as it reminded me of our trip there. The clothes just get more and more stunning as she becomes more experienced, and the story is just really good. K-mom, I think you'd like this too, but you do have to deal w/subtitles...and in this case sometimes they move a bit fast or are not well placed, but you get used to it and forget all about it. You always get what's happening and the visuals are gorgeous.

Lori---I worked retail all thru high school and college, not to mention owning my own store at a point, and I always liked it best when it was busy. Didn't mind coming home tired if the time flew. Glad for you that even a Tues. afternoon can be busy, and I'm sure you'll appreciate that more once you feel better. Nothing worse than just standing around trying to look busy.

Nic---Now see girl, you have to mention things like the fact that you've been losing weight EVERY WEEK. That is great! And it's not a race, right? So if you can keep on plan during the week, and enjoy your weekends w/a treat here and there, AND slowly but surely lose back to your low, what the heck is not to like?!

Trig---Sounds like you're enjoying the new truck too. Sweet.

K-mom---I cannot imagine how intense it would be to book a trip for all those people! And there must be air fares and schedules to consider to boot. Sounds like you did a fabulous job. IMO, good choice on getting balconies for all. So nice to sit out and enjoy the view, and as you said "the visuals" are so important for your family. Can't wait to hear about the "over the top" room you got for you and SD.

I think I will try those pizza crusts. 10 for $64 is about $6 a pizza crust. Not terrible, although sounds pricey all at once. But when is the last time anyone here ordered a pizza out? For a large, simple cheese and sausage, w/tip, costs about $20, or more depending on where you order. Of course, you can do much better price wise w/store bought pizzas, but those aren't for us either.

Tuesday water: 3/3, Wednesday water 3/3.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our fall weather is back, and that makes me happy. Rash all dried up and gone, just needed that humidity to go away. Don't know what caused it, happens every once in awhile to me, and it's ALWAYS in humid weather.

Had a great dinner out last night w/my brother, who has a mind for numbers and figures and a very objective way of looking at things, and was very helpful in giving feed back to the decisions that face us. Still not there, but slowly, we are building an arsenal of information and options.

I gotta say gals, there's part of me that's just ready to say F it, and live small, but happy. The work I used to enjoy so much, I am not enjoying so much under the current circumstances. Everything still TBD and I need to see what "on an as needed basis" works out to be. I have been dreading getting to deadline date on my retainer, and now I'm just days away. But it was also keeping me in limbo. Limbo is so uncomfortable. Unanswered news is uncomfortable. So, I guess I'm getting more and more ready to get on with it, whatever "it" might be.

Last edited by Blue52 : Wed, Sep-27-17 at 16:42.
  #162   ^
Old Wed, Sep-27-17, 17:45

BF:

Blue-I just wanna say to you - THOUSANDS hugs your way. I know what you are going though is tough. DAM RIGHT it is! Yes Ma'am!
But if anyone can it will be you.

You are getting the info= and processing it all and not acting on impulse. Nice you have family to also give you the real deal.
And you know what- let me say this in the most delicate terms. You may have to move.
It is hard- but to pace the floor at night over bills is no way to live. I have been there done that- . There sometimes is freedom in letting go. Really.

Loving this series- I think KMOM would love it- so would Leeann.
You know when you told me it was subtitles I was turned off but decided to give it one episode. I was not even half way though before they disappeared in my head and I could "hear" them speaking. No issue for me.
About to plug it in.

I am so wanting those pizza crust now- fear- off rails binge. Pizza trigger food. I have no idea how that would work for me.

Until later- off to In between Time- Netflix
  #163   ^
Old Wed, Sep-27-17, 19:00

BF:
Progress:

Water Hounds

Tuesday: Blue 3/3, KMom 5/5, Jaz _/5

Wednesday: Blue 3/3, KMom 6/5, Jaz _/5

Drinking the shake helps as one scoop of the protein powder is added to 10 oz of water! I made up the shake yesterday and put it in the refrigerator. Tasted a lot better cold!
  #164   ^
Old Wed, Sep-27-17, 19:04

BF:
Progress:

Pizza Update!

I just went to order more thinking the sale was still on, but I did not see it. Rats. Oh well. I am willing to pay $64.50 for ten of them. Free shipping.

Made one again tonight for dinner. Wasn't planning on it, but just decided to do it. Ate the whole thing again and decided that it was OK. Only three net carbs for the whole thing and it is not very big. This time I add a lot less sauce, green pepper, mushrooms, pepperoni, and mozzarella cheese. I kid you not....it looked and tasted like a real pizza! Every bite was so scrumptious!

K-Mom 10x4
  #165   ^
Old Wed, Sep-27-17, 19:05

BF:
Progress:

I want to figure out the carb count for the whole pizza, not just the crust. The RAO sauce is low, the cheese is zero, the pepperoni are zero...but I know the mushrooms and green pepper have carbs.
Closed Thread