Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Fri, Aug-18-17, 19:44

Plan: Atkins / IF
Stats: 258/232.7/200 Male 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 44%
Default Learning the hard way via errors and ignorance

I'll be honest; this "weight loss" thing has been torturous. Not only am I depriving myself of foods I have always enjoyed and loved, certain foods which let's face it, for over-weight i.e. fat people bring ENORMOUS joy into our lives, but also when I see the long road to becoming "normal", and no longer being obese, just knowing the enormity of such a task can be over-whelming and deflating.

So, it is totally understandable when people who are afflicted with such a difficult task want to get it over as soon as possible. My weight loss journey has been about 2.5 months long and it has been equal parts frustration, agony, and also, for a magical three week period, incredibly joyous and rewarding at seeing the scale move downwards, which I DEFINITELY check every morning without fail. Honestly, sometimes, the results of my weigh-in can set the tone for the rest of the day, and I have ZERO shame in saying it. I don't know how some people can ignore the scale. For me, good or bad, I NEED to know how I'm doing.

Lately, i.e. the past 2.5 weeks, the scale has turned into a monster, disappointing me daily, and even mocking me when it somehow moved UPWARDS despite my faithful adherence to the atkins w.o.e. (ironic that the atkins way of eating = woe ).

So long story short, I finally joined the gym a few days ago, and am exercising. And after 2.5 torturous weeks of grievous stalling, I see light at the end of the tunnel.

So what have I learned from this?

In any diet, you will stall at some point. The Body is designed to adjust to an infinite number of circumstances ranging from gluttony to starvation. Rest assured, it will adjust eventually to lo carb, low calorie dieting!

Wonderfully, Exercise is the great equalizer. By exercising, the body will break out of any stall and will begin to burn fat once more.

So, those who are suffering this malady, try exercising and you will once more be happy and content as one can be during this misery known as weight loss.

Psalm 139:14
I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.

Last edited by lc4life217 : Fri, Aug-18-17 at 19:50.
Sponsored Links