Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Aug-18-13, 09:47

Plan: Paelo
Stats: 205/185.2/155 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 40%
Default Exercise Buddy

I'm going to up my exercise this week. It was the plan all along, but I've failed miserably. Would love to have an accountability partner to check in with once a day. Anyone else starting or thinking about it? Already exercising? We could post here or in our journals.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Aug-18-13, 10:06

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 174/164/125 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 20%

I would like to join you. I have been very inconsistent lately. My goal is to do 10 mins of resistance exercises M-F (as a start)
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Aug-18-13, 11:16

Stats: 238.0/238.0/170 Female 5"3"
BF:
Progress: 0%

I'll join with you Alocin - I have a great recumbent exercise bike I can sit on, cycle away and read. How easy is that? So why am I not doing so more than 2-3 times a week?

Okay, now I'm upping it to x5 per week, as of today!! I'll check in either daily or every couple of days.

Good workout to us all - onward and downward, my friends!

Caroxx
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Aug-18-13, 11:40

BF:

Hi Cyndee and Caroxx!! I'm so glad you two are joining me. I think doing it together will be beneficial to all of us.

We've got great goals and we can do it!!

I'm going to be reading, (well, letting the kindle read to me,) too, Caroxx. What are you reading? I'm reading the Wednesday Letters right now.
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Aug-18-13, 21:43

BF:

And then they were three, yay! I just get books from the library, usually thrillers. Don't like mysteries, but love science fiction - I think I've read all they have in our tiny town. I seldom see anything very new - back in the rich old days I would buy paperbacks every week! No more - my clothes and my books are second hand!!

Caroxx
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Aug-19-13, 17:21

BF:

I did not get to exercise today. Started a new job and haven't adjusted to the schedule yet.
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Aug-20-13, 06:44

BF:

Have you heard of Gutenberg, Caroxx? If not, it's a free website that has 1,000's of books you can download or read online. They're out of print, but I find a lot of great things on it.

LOL! I love shopping at charity shops! Once when my daughter was a about 3, we were out somewhere and this lady was telling her how cute her outfit was. K proudly stated she got it at Goodwill! The lady looked at her like you've got to be kidding.

Congratulations on your new job, Cyndee. You'll soon get use to your schedule.

I didn't work out either, though we did go and play putt putt golf for 2 hours. It was lots of fun, standing the whole time, plus bending down and picking up the ball. I'm counting it as my exercise! lol

Today I'm hitting the gym for some treadmill time. It's going to be stormy here today, so outside walking is out. What do you all have planned?
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Aug-20-13, 08:12

BF:

I'll be going (1/2 hr away) shopping, after I get the car rust proofed. We have a village nearby, but I keep a list going for the bigger items and make a shopping trip once a week.

I'm counting all the walking and cart-pushing as my exercise today. Then I'm going to try and use my bike every day this week. It's so crazy, but I haven't used it once since I joined this thread!!

Caroxx
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Aug-20-13, 09:40

Plan: Low Carb/High Fat
Stats: 271/262.6/170 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 8%

Sorry, but I it won't be me. I HATE to exercise. Yes, HATE it! It's HOT as hell here in FL and I hate to sweat. I might get out more in our 'winter' here, but until then, NO WAY.

When my dr. told me I could lose weight without exercising, I was like WHAT?! Are you SERIOUS?!! And he said yup, do the South Beach Diet! And I did--lost 69lbs in 6 months while sitting all day here at my PC.

Now I'm doing Atkins, trying to lose all that weight plus more I put on. I have ruptured and torn leaking lumbar discs, TONS of pain, so now way can I hardly even walk right now.

Good luck to you and your exercise, it's great you are doing it! You will lose even more weight quicker. Hopefully one day I myself might enjoy a nice fast walk around our 30 acres.
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Aug-22-13, 06:33

BF:

LOL! Molly!! It's good you know what you can and will do. Congratulations on losing 69 pounds!! That is awesome!!

Caroxx and Cyndee, how are you two doing? I haven't done so well the few days. I'm gong to get my walking in today though. Yesterday was dh birthday and did a marathon, (no not walking! lol,) of the tv Breaking Bad. We were good
though foodwise, we had a steak and salad.

Check in soon.
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Aug-22-13, 08:17

BF:

Hi guys. I did my bike yesterday - 1/2 hour, six miles. It felt good and I'll fit it in again today ... although if I'm honest I should do a couple of hours of housework instead haha!

Glad you ate the right stuff on dh's birthday! Good for you! As you will see on the 5 lb challenge, I brushed onederland yesterday and am up a lb. today.

How are you doing Cyndee? Onward and downward, my friends!

Caroxx
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Aug-27-13, 18:18

BF:

I did my workout this morning! Yay
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Aug-28-13, 11:25

Plan: Low Carb/High Fat
Stats: 271/262.6/170 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 8%

I hate to admit it, but I did the SBD years ago and I'm doing Atkins now just so I DON'T have to exercise. When my physician told me it's not about exercising, but about what you EAT and that you CAN lose weight by not exercising, I was enthralled.

Okay, I KNOW exercise is good for you. But in my case, I need a multi level lumbar spinal fusion and he knew I could NOT exercise. I could hardly walk. So he told me how I could lose the weight without having to exercise. I thought he was a god after that when I lost 69 lbs on SBD in 6 months!!

I haven't had the fusion yet, scared to death of the surgery........so I'm hoping to lose the weight to take the pressure off of my spine and maybe then I could walk a little bit. And then a little bit more...and then maybe even a little bit more after that. ;-)
  #14   ^
Old Fri, Sep-27-13, 08:28

Plan: Atkins Indunction (DANDR)
Stats: 205/202/130 Female 5'2 or 62''
BF:42%/???/28%
Progress: 28%
Default Want to join!!

Hi guys! Are you all still trying to exercise?? Im a month into my 5 day workouts and am needing that extra accoundability as well! Would love to motivate and be motivated!!

My daily plan is 30 mins elyptical cardio followed by stretching. Today is Friday so I have to get this in! Good Luck!