Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Turtle Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Oct-06-03, 14:33

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 188/186/150 Female 68
BF:
Progress:
Angry I'm new and afraid I'm going to be a TURTLE!

HI!
I'm new although I did try (Atkins) for about 2 wks a few months ago and quit when I only lost a few lbs. Mostly b/c I hear about others having this DRAMATIC weight loss in the first 2 weeks. I only lost about 4 and gave up.

Okay so here I go again, I HAVE to loose weight this time I am so sick of being SO SO uncomfortable with myself. But is something wrong?
I am in day 8 of induction and have only lost 2 lbs! What's the deal?

I wasn't really exercising last time so this time I decided to and I'm still barely loosing!

The weird thing is my pants feel a little bit looser, my stomach feels a little flatter, I feel more energetic than ever. Just two lbs wouldn't cause that!? I KNOW my scale is right. I can't give up again but I am so frusterated. Anyone have words of wisdom?
Thanks!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Oct-06-03, 17:12

Stats: 156/146.8/139 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 54%

Congratulations on coming back to this WOE! 2# isn't bad at all!!! During my first 2 weeks I lost 2#, but after 13 I am down 17 in all. Stay with it!!

You could be building muscle after a long time of not having enough protein to build it. That causes inches lost but not scale weight.

Best of luck, Julie
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Oct-17-03, 07:41
Medival Princess

Plan: curves
Stats: 298/214/190 Female 6 ft or 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 78%

you will not see huge loss if you do not have alot of weight to loose... its going to come off slower just keep at it you can do it
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Oct-19-03, 07:00

Plan: See Food Diet :-)
Stats: 187.5/168.5/140.0 Female 61.5 inches
BF:Leg/Arm/Butt 2BIG!
Progress: 40%

Crysania,

I love your ideas! First off how did you create your web site and how do I do that? Also, I am going to use your charm idea. I reallly love having somthing to reward myself for losing weight and it used to be food...years ago.

But now I want something more precious. This is a very hard journey and I want to show it off.
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Oct-19-03, 07:08

Plan: See Food Diet :-)
Stats: 187.5/168.5/140.0 Female 61.5 inches
BF:Leg/Arm/Butt 2BIG!
Progress: 40%

OH Sandy Rose!

Yes two pounds can do that of you are exercising!!!

Stick with it!!! Oh my gosh girl I am the hardest shell turtle I know and I get so frustrated. You should look up all my posts and read them. I have given tips to other turtles to stick with it and to keep losing. You will see the dramatic change just 6 pounds has done for me!!!!

I have lost from a size 18 to size 16 with only 6 pounds!!!

With only 5 pounds lost people were saying how good I looked.

Don't give up!!! I only lose about 1 pounds a week, but I look at it this way....Think about how great I will look in 52 weeks!!!!
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Dec-23-03, 13:21

Plan: PP
Stats: 160/149/125 Female 66 in.
BF:
Progress: 31%

After a long 2 month stall I had a measly 2-lb woosh but my pants suddenly got really loose. All that from 2 lousy lbs! I'm not sure I understand, but I'm not complaining either.
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Jan-07-04, 16:56

Plan: SB (formerly Atkins)
Stats: 196.5/167/140 Female 5' 4
BF:
Progress: 52%

Measurements are important for just that reason. If you are gaining muscle while you're losing fat, you could technically gain weight (scary thought, I know) while losing fat and getting smaller.

Also, if I don't drink at least two quarts of water a day, I don't lose weight. Period. The liver is the organ that metabolizes fat, and if you're not drinking enough water, it is too busy helping out the kidneys to do that. (That's the short version, anyway.)
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Jun-21-04, 14:57

Plan: atkins
Stats: 141/138/125 Female 5ft6in. (almost)
BF:
Progress: 19%

I'm so glad I found this thread. I have been on LC for 2 weeks (induction) and have been doing it hardcore. I even gave up drinking for 2 weeks (and started working out!), which was really a big step b/c my friends and bf always drink on the weekends. Anyways, I am so frustrated b/c I have only lost like 3 lbs. I keep reading everywhere about people losing 10 pounds in the first 2 weeks. Reading you guys' advice really gave me the encouragement I needed. At least I know I'm not the only one who doesn't lose 10lbs. in Induction.
I have read that weight training is the best way to lose fat, so I'll have to try that I guess.
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Feb-22-05, 10:04

Plan: modified atkins
Stats: 198.5/183/130 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 23%

it's okay to be a turtle, truly, just hand in there. induction was slow for me too and i wouldn't say i lose rapidly. 13 pounds in 7 weeks. i like to look at it this way, being a slow loser gives me time to tone my stomach accordingly timewise with my loss. no sudden flab overload also, even though the scale wasn't reflecting much loss, i could feel the difference mentally and physically. if i ran my hands down my sides, i could feel the loss. amazing how much difference a couple of pounds makes. hang in there, you can do it! and be sure and get your water in
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Feb-22-05, 10:07

Plan: modified atkins
Stats: 198.5/183/130 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 23%

another thing, i was staying at 7-15 carbs a day during induction and was still losing slowly, but losing. it was making me quite foggy though, you may not want to do that. when i upped my intake, it didn't seem to make any difference loss wise.
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Nov-23-05, 17:07

Stats: 144/138/120 Female 5'-2"
BF:
Progress: 25%

Hey everyone
Seems like i'm yet another turtle feeling anxious by the day.Ive been on Atkins diet for 1 week..(cheat free) and have lost just abt half a pound ,yes i can feel the bloating gone...but what abt my weight....the least ive heard ppl lose is 1 pound in the first week of induction....Has anyone gone thru this? Although i'm continuing with lo-carbing , i dont know how far i'll go.Any wise suggestions? I dont drink have a moderate lifestyle and am having 20-24 carb/day.
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Nov-28-05, 13:59
Registered Member

Stats: 121/102/99 Female 5'2 1/2"
BF:
Progress: 86%

I think that I'm a little bit of a turtle myself. Hey look ---> It's me!!!

Okay, okay, I'm not that small (obviously), but those turtles were so cute that I just HAD to post them!
  #13   ^
Old Fri, Feb-17-06, 23:11

Stats: 150/150/115 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Have to put in my 2 cents! I have been on induction 3 weeks on sunday and I have only lost 4 pounds total. The first time I did low carb-8 years ago, I lost about 7 the first 2 weeks. After that though-it was very slow! I am assuming it is going to be very slow once again. Upping the excercise and the water definately helps, but hearing how great everyone is doing makes me want to down a gallon of lard. Clearly thats not going to help!

It is hard, but time goes by so fast and that's all it takes to lose this darned weight!