Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#2311   ^
Old Fri, Aug-11-17, 06:15

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

HI!

All going well in the Big Apple! Friend met me at Penn Station and we found the hotel and got checked in. Quite a nice hotel room though small, as they are in the city. Had a yummy bunless burger for lunch and then back to the hotel courtyard to wait for 2 of the international girls to arrive. They got here at 4. Around 6, we went out for a small bite. Fish tacos sans tortilla for me.

Just talked to DH. They made it home from FL. Relief! SIL will take him home today. About an hour drive.

OK...time to hit the pavement and see what's happening on 6th Ave.

Bye!
Sponsored Links
  #2312   ^
Old Fri, Aug-11-17, 06:48

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Lori- Yay for being on your way and free wifi, and now you are there. Have a great time!

Kmom- aw, nice how that young man was looking after you. I hope your "ticker" is still moving along at the proper pace today. Wouldn't that be grand!!
Girl, you are TOTALLY CAPD and FIRED UP!!! I can feel it. You are on a mission!

Blue- what you are doing is working well for you and IMO is also really smart. You are still staying quite low carb but allowing yourself a little wiggle room. I could take a lesson from that myself.
I know you are struggling with the changes but I bet beautiful, gorgeous things are on the other side of the hill you are climbing. You know that feeling when you get to the top and the vista literally makes your jaw drop and steals your breath away? You are in a brush and trees but you are headed to that vista, my friend!

Trig- Lots of hugs coming your way. Take the time you need (and dope up on sinus meds!)

Jaz- I don't think you've talked about the luncheon yet, with your ten pounds of pork. How was it? Did you have fun? Did people like the pork?
Fingers crossed daily for Miss Ava. Cook away, little one!

••••••••••••••

So easy drive to the low carb meeting thing yesterday. I bopped around the outlets for about an hour and a half and bought only a Quest bar. A friend had mentioned these Quest Hero bars and I was walking by a window and saw them there, so I bought one as I was leaving. HOLY YUM. Those things are marvelous- I tried the Blueberry Cobbler. I ate two bites then, and about another four after the meeting, and I have half left. I can see how you could lose your mind with those though- that is the best low carb bar I have ever tasted and Quest bars in general haven't had much appeal to me before.

So anyway, I arrived at the conference, battled down my UGH! feeling about being around people I don't know and walked in, and was promptly seated at a four-top with a couple, and another single woman. I'm 48 and the couple were probably in their early 50s (they have a son at Parris Island right now and an older daughter) and the single woman probably late 50s, early 60s? BTW, the person leading the meeting was a woman named Melanie (search Low Carb Journey Melanie and you will pop her up.) She had a Doctor there also called Mark Cucuzella and he is name I think we will be hearing a lot more of in the future- apparently he will be heading a new part of West Va University Health Center called (something like) Low Carb and Metabolic (whatever else) so a health center dealing with metabolic and diet issues using low carb/keto methodology. So that's very cool. And then Jimmy Moore was there as well.

Jimmy looked as I expected given that I keep tabs on him and track him via podcasts, instagram etc. I was surprised and happy to say that he is more likable as a speaker than I expected- he seems to be a genuinely nice and kind individual. He is heavy, which I expected also from current pictures- I'd say running in the upper 200s if not a little higher. This worries me, of course, given that he has been a low carb and then keto guru since the 1990s. His health markers are all really good though, so I don't know.

The buffet- first was salad - romaine or spinach leaves, with choice of adding cucumber, grape tomatoes, dried cranberries (!), sunflower seeds, and bacon, along with four dressings (the one that surprised me was the balsamic vinaigrette.) Then there was sliced squash in tomato (YUM), spaghetti squash, salmon wrapped in prosciutto (YUM) and chicken thighs stuffed with spinach and some other stuff. The chicken was not very good. I had a small salad, some of the squash which was really good and a piece of the salmon. It was liberating to go to a buffet and not be tempted- you could pretty safely take just about anything you wanted- but it wasn't a huge buffet or anything. Pricey but given the speakers were 'free' it was a great deal IMO.

Melanie has a great energy about her. She is fired up for sure. Jimmy spoke more on his background with low carb (and had books for sale/signing lol.) I was very interested in the Dr- he seems interesting. He is also a major marathon runner- when I googled him this morning that is what came up the most.

So after some talking, what it boiled down to is that Melanie is teaming up with Jimmy Moore and a couple of others (used to work for a company called Heal) to start something online called the Keto Clarity Academy. It offers classes (Keto 101, 102, 103) based on Jimmy's book plus a couple of others as it goes along. It also offers a telephone mentor (at a price point) and 24-hour texting for questions etc (at a price.) IMO the price is steep. I'm not sure how successful it will be, but I will be watching to see how it goes for them. I will also be following Dr. Mark to see what happens at WVU Health. That could be interesting.

Melanie does a monthly meeting in WVU and apparently it has been growing exponentially. I might attend a couple of those and then maybe consider starting on in the area. POSSIBLY. Not likely but possibly.

So it was interesting in general and worth going to for an easy drive, but some people drove as far as 5-7 hours and it was not worth that for sure. I got restless (as I do) and stood for the last hour along the side wall. I am not built to sit and listen, not as a kid and not now!

I gotta mosey along- I need to leave in about 40 minutes or so to see my CASA Little. Wish I had more time to chill out first but it'll have to wait until I come back.
  #2313   ^
Old Fri, Aug-11-17, 17:44

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all,

Jaz---Hey, since you're feeling blah on the LC foods you've been eating, and thinking of adding in more greens, this is a great time of year to try a BLT salad!

Nice mix of romaine and head lettuce for crunch, tomatoes, bacon, and I add hard boiled eggs to mine. Then whisk red wine vinegar, olive oil, mayo, garlic, basil, salt, pepper to taste. Mostly mayo, but the vinegar and olive oil thins it out to a dressing consistency and the spices bling it up. Tomatoes are so GOOD right now, and you don't need a lot. A medium one is about 5 carbs and the rest of the stuff is carb free. SO crunchy, fresh and tasty. AND filling. Lots of protein w/the bacon and eggs. I made myself one the other day and it's the first thing that's perked my taste buds up in awhile.

LOL, football shirt IN GLITTER. Shine it on my pal! I just know you wear it well.

Nic---Thank you for going into such detail on the conference. So interesting. I loved hearing about there being an actual medical center for low carb methodology in application to those w/metabolic syndrome. I think we know largely speaking, nothing works better. This could help so many and in the process give LC eating more legitimacy and attention.

Did you feel that overall you knew most of what they were talking about at the conference, or were there a few new nuggets of info and/or inspiration to bring home w/you? And if so, what were they?

I smiled at your ! on the dried cranberries. I use them in salads all the time. I get the Ocean Spray reduced sugar. 1/8 of a cup is about 6 NCs and that's plenty of them to add a nice tart bling to a salad. Also excellent dribbled over a roast chicken w/onions and lemon.

I do a salad w/romaine, shredded chicken breast, (I often just pick up a rotisserie chicken breast, so easy) roasted sliced almonds, craisens and blue cheese crumbles (or grated parmesan if you don't like blue cheese). I DO use a balsamic dressing on this one. Trader Joes makes a tasty balsamic that's only 3 carbs per TBLS. And you don't need much if you toss well. Folks usually way over dress their salads. Oil has so much viscosity and carries all the other flavors w/it. Toss, toss, toss, and you don't need much.

Know you're not a big salad eater, but man, these salads are so good, like a cold casserole.

K-mom---How goes it today? Is the fish still knocked out? Oh, I'm hoping so!

Friday water---not so good today, but will get in 3/3

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gals, I had a crappola day today. Worked all day in edit, and gotta say I'm really struggling. I just feel so de-valued there now. Not the intent of my colleague/client, or at least not conscious, but I feel it to my toes. Gotta get my head around how to do this in new circumstances because I'm hoping the work will go on, even if there's less of it. After client left, I ended up in tears w/the editor, who is the sweetest guy this side of the Mississippi. I haven't cried at work since I was in my twenties! But he bucked me up and made me feel better.

Cha-cha-cha-cha-cha-changes are hard.

Hubby's grilling some steaks for dinner and then we're going to watch The Americans, which is one of the most addictive and compelling series we've watched in a long time. Blessed escape.

I have to work most of the day tomorrow, doing a consultation for my own design business. It will be a long one as she just moved into a new condo. Then we're having two old friends of ours over for dinner---they are both realtors and we will be discussing options. Shiver me timbers.

Last edited by Blue52 : Fri, Aug-11-17 at 17:52.
  #2314   ^
Old Sat, Aug-12-17, 04:25

BF:

Good morning!

Sitting here in our Brooklyn rental house waiting for the other girls to get up. I'm dying for coffee, but the pot is a French press and I'm clueless.

There are 11of us here. What a wild time! I think today we'll take the train to somewhere? The girl from Australia wants to ride the Staten Island ferry. I think tomorrow will be Central Park.

Yesterday morning 4 of us took a cab from our hotel on 26th St up to 59th at the park and then walked back via 5th Ave.

From 26th St in Manhattan to our place in Brooklyn was a long Uber car ride of nearly an hour with traffic. Man. I couldn't live here! This neighborhood is mainly Hispanic, so shopping in the little markets here was an adventure! There is a coffee shop a few blocks away, but not sure I want to venture out alone.

I hear some stirring upstairs... Yay, I'll soon have coffee!
  #2315   ^
Old Sat, Aug-12-17, 07:41

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Sorry guys I am still in a mood but it is lifting cause the sinus headache is passing and FINALLY the hubby is perking back up cause when he is down he kinda drags me down also ya know....but all ok here.

quickie but loving what I read from you all

HI GUYS
got me a nice small smoked brisket from the smoked meat shop down the road...love this place but never buy cause it is always a BIG hunk and I skip buying, this time they cut the briskets smaller and I got a delish small hunk of yummy meat in heaven right now lol breakfast smoked hot brisket just off the smoker early....happy person here lol

all good
rainy icky Tstorms around but sinus improving which is nice
busy with stupid this and that stuff

everyone have a fine day!
  #2316   ^
Old Sat, Aug-12-17, 08:51

BF:

Blue- They didn't really share ANY information about much of anything, really, that I didn't know. It wasn't an educational conference per se. Jimmy Moore kind of told his story (which I was familiar with but was nice to hear in person) and Melanie told her story and introduced her local meet up (called the Keto Crusaders) and then from there pitched their idea of the Keto Clarity Academy. I have considered going on a Low Carb Cruise or to one of the Keto or Low Carb conferences in the future though. I think it is a good motivator.

Girl, it makes me really sad that you are feeling devalued and going through this change. It really does. You do great, amazing work and you put a lot of thought and effort into what you do. My heart goes out to you. And meeting with Realtors too? Even more so. But this might possibly be the start of great adventure and meeting dreams and travel and Air BnBs and all kinds of stuff. If it comes to selling the house, then I hope those things are true in spades.

Lori- Funny you mentioned the French Press because I am about to pull the trigger on getting one along with a burr grinder for coffee beans. I want to elevate my coffee experience! YUMMO! Glad you are enjoying NYC (I wouldn't want to live there either though) and generally speaking I would not be afraid to walk around alone except at night. It is quite a safe city.

Trig- Glad you are starting to feel better and your mood is starting to lift. Hopefully that yummy smoked brisket will take you to the next level!

••••••••

On plan the past several days so go me. Yay. DH is spending the afternoon at the County Fair with his magic stuff and I decided to not go because the temptation would be ridiculous. DS18 is working so the dogs and I will hold down the fort.

Heard from DS15 over the phone last night, which initially freaked me out bc he isn't allowed to call until Tuesday night. But good news- he is having fun and wanted to know if he could upgrade to Mountain Biking Master Class. I gave him permission to do so (a bit more bucks) because I am so glad he is having fun and being adventurous etc. Apparently he has done all kinds of cool things already. Happy for him.

Cookout tonight at a friend's house although the weather looks pretty yucky for it. It may end up happening indoors.
  #2317   ^
Old Sat, Aug-12-17, 08:55

Plan: 20 net carbs
Stats: 250/210/175 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:
Progress:

Good morning to all of you!

Lori: Felt for you sitting there all alone waiting for your coffee! Hopefully someone can teach you how to use that machine! Wow, eleven of you total! That must be a very big house you are renting. I enjoy hearing about your daily adventures!

Trig: I think the only time I have a brisket is when we order from Famous Dave's. It was VERY tasty. And I don't think I have ever had a smoked brisket, unless they are all done that way. I am clueless. Glad your sinus is improving and headache lifting. That a some sun just might be what is needed to start you getting out of the funk. Plus, with your husband doing better with the whole situation too.

Blue: Oh my! I loved all three of the recipes you put on here! I copied and pasted them to my desktop! I love, love, love dried cranberries...but have stayed away from them. I will try and find the Ocean Spray reduced sugar ones. Say, can you take a stab at amounts for the red wine vinegar, olive oil, mayo, garlic, basil, s and p. Also, is that fresh garlic...or like a garlic powder or garlic salt?

I am sorry you had a crappola day, but it makes total sense to me. I am sure I would feel the same way too. I was glad you could have a good cry with someone you trust. Have a feeling it was very much needed.

Nic: I also really appreciate the details about the conference. Interesting about the company they are going to form called, Heal. I liked the idea of a telephone mentor, but I would probably not like the price! Plus, I think I probably know plenty...just need to apply it and DO IT! I have never heard of a Quest Hero bar. So those are different from the regular Quest Bars. I probably should not try one, because it would be TOO good.

I am doing well. Nic asked if the ticker was doing grand. Yes, I am happy to report this is day three of a calm, steady heart. I am so thankful and just love having it in normal rhythm. BUT, I know this might not last. Trying to find that balance between being hopeful and realistic.

Still CapD with my woe. I am loving my Chicken Lazone. When I got the recipe, the woman who wrote it said the sauce was good enough to lick off the pan! I have been tempted! I make sure I get every bit of it!

My vegetable are coming fast and furious. Love my zucchini, tomatoes, and peppers. Peas were a bust. Also, raspberries started out with a banner year, but the Japanese Beetles have eaten away at the leaves. Also, something has knocked down more than 3/4 of my corn! GRRRRR. But thankful for the plethora of vegetables that are coming strong!

Hope everyone has a Super Saturday!

K-Mom 10x3
  #2318   ^
Old Sat, Aug-12-17, 08:59

BF:
Progress:

I hate going back and reading my post before I send it, plus sometimes I am afraid I will lose it. But then when I read back over it after I have sent it, I can't believe the typos! But if you just read the sentence fast...I think the right word will come to you!

Blue, my post to you was a little confusing. I was talking about the dried cranberries, and then switched to the BLT salad without mentioning that. Seems to me my husband used to say I did that same kind of think when I was talking! So looking for the amounts for the BLT salad.
  #2319   ^
Old Sat, Aug-12-17, 09:04

BF:
Progress:

Oh, and Blue...I loved your analogy! Yes, the fish is still knocked out!
  #2320   ^
Old Sat, Aug-12-17, 09:06

BF:
Progress:

Water Hounds:

Tuesday: Blue 4/3, Jaz _/5, KMom 6/5
Wednesday: Blue 5/3, Jaz 3/5 (plus 3/3 for wine!) , KMom 5/5
Thursday: Blue 5/3, Jaz 5/5, KMom 7/5
Friday: Blue 3/3, Jaz _/5, Kmom 6/5
  #2321   ^
Old Sat, Aug-12-17, 11:35

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Wow oh wow a lot to talk about from your ladies!

First Leeann- So I looked up this guy from your conference. He also has a veto talk show he does. But my question is the same as yours. So I read his bio- he lost a lot of weight- but he has put most of it back on????
Yet he is touting Keto- something doesn't quite jive. Plus- as interesting as it sounded, from what you described it almost sounded like a sales pitch.
Ya know you go to a "free" seminar- only to get a few free nuggets and the rest is a pitch.. I could be totally wrong.

The good part of it though is as Blue stated. At least the LC- is making it's way into the mindset of the public.
Because we all know that high processed carb laden food - kills.
But it was very interesting to hear about. Nothing ventured nothing gained. And ya don't know until you check something out! So good for you!

Have you heard from DS15- if he is having a good time in camp?
Is DS18 ready to start his new chapter. I forget where you said he was going. Tiny brain here for remembering.
Has your DD- started looking for a dress yet? Ya know spring will be here before you know it.

Blue- I loved Leaann's way of describing your journey right now. Stuck in the trees- and unable to see the "view". That sorta describes all of us at some point ya know. But I too believe you will come out on the other side way OK!!!!!

So I am going to tell you a true story that is guess would be a good analogy as well.
I have not shared that I have a true full fledged fear/ panic attack mode of driving through big times storms. Part of it is my vision is not what it used to be and I have trouble SEEING. The other part is just a true fear of it. I am not talking a few rain drops. I am talking about the kind of rain we have down here that you really can't see the car in front of you and white out kind of sideways rain.

Ok- so that is the set up. On the way back from Florida- I was driving and I looked ahead of us and saw a wall of white. We were in the middle of NOWHERE Alabama- Honest- nowhere. Not a single store,gas station- just nowhere. I literally pulled over on the bern and when it hit I was shaking at the wheel.
My son offered to drive. I said..... oh no...... I am not going anywhere.
He got very exasperated and said- mom- that storm is full blown and looks to be lasting for hours. You really want to sit here for hours, on the side of the road. I told him to be quite. He had pulled the storm up on his phone- it was frekin big- and all red. Lighting everywhere. I was terrified to the point of just not moving.
After tolerating this for about 30 minutes of dead silence - he said MOM YOU HAVE GOT TO DRIVE THROUGH THIS STORM. I would let him drive- less control for me.
I pulled back out- flashers on (in complete distress). I swear all these cars were passing me at warp speed. It was really bad- hard to see, the windows were fogging. I creeped along - for about 10 miles at this rate. and ya know what- it just stopped. We hit the corner of it and it was over.
There was sun the rest of the trip.
But his words- Mom- you just gotta go through this storm. I did- and the sun did come out.

And we have not spoken about that. He didn't make fun of me. It is a true fear of mine. But he is right. True a storm isn't the same as what you are going through BLUE- nowhere close. But I think the analogy of it can be applied. Do I still avoid those tropical storms in a car - yup. But I got through that one. And you will too.

As a side note- storms like that don't faze me in the least if I am in a building. Don't care. Go figure.
Any way- I know you will figure it out.
Speaking of- how is the DS? did he get settled back in SF?

I love the salad idea! I love good salads with some good LC toppings!

TRIG- so sorry you are feeling well. And you seem a little luster funk. I get in. We all have our seasons! yours will come around when things settle. You have been so involved with your kiddo, hubs, and MIL.
Plus add the sucking weather - and I get it.

KMOM- so glad you are so proactive with your health. I wish every patient was like that.
----------------------------------------------------

I gotta run-4/5 yesterday
  #2322   ^
Old Sun, Aug-13-17, 03:59

BF:

Good morning!

Here I am again... Up early and waiting for coffee. Yesterday we walked to a cafe over a mile from here. Lots of steps. The 11 of us set off to find a place for breakfast.. . What a disaster! After a long ride on the subway, blocks and blocks of walking... No luck. We finally split into 3 small groups and just did our own thing. I think it was noon till we had breakfast. Sigh.

The girl who chose this house in Brooklyn wanted to go to Manhattan and do the tourist things. One of my other friends said "If she wanted to do stuff over there, why are we in fecking Brooklyn?" lol Some of us would love to be back in Manhattan instead of way out here. Oh well it is what it is. Not sure what we'll do today. Weather is supposed to be great. More time spent in the subway for sure.

My eating is going great. Staying on plan for the most part. A bit too much alcohol, but not overboard on that either.

Trig..feel better soon.

Talk later!
  #2323   ^
Old Sun, Aug-13-17, 07:19

BF:

Okay Lori- a couple of things. Do you guys have ground coffee? You can make coffee easily with a french press. Seriously, it is easy. Boil some water, about 2 cups worth. Open the French Press (take off the lid and plunger) and put about 1/2 a cup of grounds at the bottom. Pour in water to cover only the grounds and wait about 30 seconds, then pour in the rest of the hot water. Put the lid on but don't push the plunger down. Time it four minutes. Then push the plunger down and voila! You have really wonderful, rich coffee. Don't let it sit in there though, after four minutes, because it will continue to steep.

That is aggravating about going back to Manhattan when you guys are in Brooklyn. I'm assuming, though, that the move was due to cost. It is MUCH cheaper to be in outer boroughs than in Manhattan and there is no way you could have all stayed together in Manhattan except with multiple hotel rooms at big $$ a pop! We have actually stayed in New Jersey and taken the train in to the city to cut costs. I hope otherwise you are having a pretty good time.

KMOM- so the company that they left was called Heal. They are now devoting their energies to this Keto Clarity Academy. I am SO SO GLAD that you are three days in with a non-fishy heart! Hopefully today is day four. That is great. I know you are not taking one moment of that for granted.

I need to look up my recipe for Chicken Lazone. I know I have it around. I never did try it but it sounds good!

Jaz- Yeah, it was a sales pitch/reveal and I knew it would be some of that due to what I had read, but it was free to me besides the meal, and I was very interested in actually seeing Jimmy Moore in person. He was pretty instrumental in my low carb lifestyle the first year to year and a half and I have enjoyed his podcasts. I actually liked him better in person, I think, which was a surprise to me. Always nice when that happens as it is usually the opposite.

What is surprising to me re: his weight gain is that his health markers are pretty much perfect. His A1C is super low, insulin and blood markers all clinically perfect. So why the weight gain indeed? He does n-1 experiments (wearing a continuous insulin monitor, for one) that would indicate that he isn't cheating.

Watching him, in fact, has led me to wonder if being super low carb (and he is super low carb) doesn't actually fatigue the body in some way over a long duration of time. Maybe for some people and not others? Maria Emmerich has been doing this for a long time and she is fine, but I don't think she was ever super heavy like he was. Anyway, it is a lot to think about and wonder about.

I really liked your story about you and your son and the storm. Great story illustrating a very true concept.

What's the week/day count for Baby Ava? DD still holding up okay in the hospital?

••••

Ds15 is doing well at camp and is happy. Very glad about that.

DS18 is SO READY to go to college. He moves in on the 24th. He is off today but then working a lot next week which is good because it will help keep his mind off the waiting.

I am okay with him going although I know there will be tears. He is so excited and ready for this new chapter and so embracing of adventure and change that I can't help but be thrilled for him. I sure will miss his presence though. He is far and away my easiest child to be with and he is almost like a comforting security blanket to me at times. I will miss him so, so much.

Easy week coming up for me in that CASA baby will be on vacation so no visits. I will be going wedding dress shopping with DD on Thursday and Friday. That should be fun. It will definitely be something I need to try to treasure because it won't be coming around again!
  #2324   ^
Old Sun, Aug-13-17, 08:03

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Lori- OMG I love French press coffee! Although I have never made it myself, I have paid for it! It really is amazing.
It sounds like you all are having a really great time.
Too bad though you all decided to slit up. So are you all in 1 house? 14 of you? All women? How many bathrooms?

Leeann- I am glad about your DS15 having a great time. You are right about DS18 starting his new chapter! You have done well!

Thanks for asking- my DD is now 26 weeks and still "cooking" baby Ava! She is hanging in there.

KMOM- hope you are doing well!!!

Trig- I too hope you get to feeling better!

Blue- I hope you are having a really nice weekend. I know how hard motivation can be when ya don't feel appreciated for what you are doing. But at least it is some income coming in.
When did you say you were meeting with your realtor friends?
--------------------------------------------
I have news- I am doing really well with my tweaking of my WOE. I am decreasing my red meat and adding more fish, and chicken. So far so good. Still hovering at my low.

So I was proposed to last night. And I said yes. I met this guy on line and have been on and off with him since I got here in Oct.
I am always the one who breaks it off as he can be well rather intense. But he has stayed persistent. Texting me everyday- so then I go out a for a while.

Anyway- I have been doing some thinking. He is not a bad guy. He has a lot of amazing qualities. He totally wants to be with me, and take care of me as a husband does.
I have been on possibly hundreds of dates in the last 9 years. And on paper he is perfect.
Honestly I just don't know if I will ever - have that soulmate kinda feeling about anybody. It might be pie in the sky.

So there ya have it.

Ok- I need a nap- check in later
  #2325   ^
Old Sun, Aug-13-17, 10:41

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz66
So I was proposed to last night. And I said yes. I met this guy on line and have been on and off with him since I got here in Oct.
I am always the one who breaks it off as he can be well rather intense. But he has stayed persistent. Texting me everyday- so then I go out a for a while.

Anyway- I have been doing some thinking. He is not a bad guy. He has a lot of amazing qualities. He totally wants to be with me, and take care of me as a husband does.
I have been on possibly hundreds of dates in the last 9 years. And on paper he is perfect.
Honestly I just don't know if I will ever - have that soulmate kinda feeling about anybody. It might be pie in the sky.

So there ya have it.

Ok, what?
I feel like I am in the Twilight Zone.
Clarify!

Last edited by niccofive : Sun, Aug-13-17 at 11:23.
Closed Thread