Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Dr.Bernstein & Diabetes
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Fri, Aug-18-17, 14:24

Plan: Ketogenic (LCHFKD)
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

Quote:
Originally Posted by TucsonBill
Sunday will mark two weeks. Today I started only eating when I actually feel hungry. I did eat 2 eggs for breakfast just because I had to help my daughter move into the dorm and did not want to suddenly be starving in the process. I came home and had two of the chicken cheese roll-ups, (~2 carbs each) and skipped dinner - I just don't feel hungry but I have felt great all day!

Bill

Excellent! This is exactly what you want, and it becomes self-reinforcing.
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Yesterday, 08:51

Plan: Atkins 72 with real foods
Stats: 470/462/199 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 3%

Quote:
Originally Posted by TucsonBill

Wrap some raw bacon around those dills and bake em. 350F till the bacon looks cooked.
  #48   ^
Old Yesterday, 08:59
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 290/288/220 Male 72
BF:
Progress:

OK well, today marks exactly two weeks consuming 20 carbs or less per day. I did not lose as much during week 2 as I did during week 1, but I have gone from ~274 to precisely 272.2 - a good solid 2 to 2.5 pounds I figure. My BG has also gone down a bit more, but again not as much as it did during week 1, average about 130.

I continue to take my oral medications but hope to be able to quit them completely at some point.

My plan at this point is to continue induction at no more than 20 grams of carbs per day.
  #49   ^
Old Today, 02:44
To Good Health!

Plan: IF Fung/LC Westman/Primal
Stats: 222/172/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/25.3%/24%
Progress: 94%

That's great progress.
After that large whoosh of water/edema you had the first week, settling into a 1-2 pound loss of actual fat weight. Often week three has no loss, so if that happens, don't get discouraged. Why the Scales Lie: http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=365499

You probably feel great already but may not be fully "fat adapted" yet, that is estimated to be more like 4-6 weeks. http://www.tuitnutrition.com/2016/0...-a-ketard1.html

Good plan to stay at 20g, Consider staying there until BG is under 100 consistently. Dr Bernstein keeps diabetics at his 6-12-12g meals forever.

From an average BG of 250 to 130 in 2 weeks...guess this low carb thingie works
Keep doing what you're doing.