Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Nov-20-04, 16:32

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 238/228/115 Female 5'4in
BF:42.2/42.2/20.4
Progress: 8%
Question Any Suggestions?

I've gotten a tad bored with the treadmill/NordicTrac cycle I've been doing lately and kinda want to try out some vids to help me along. I have one issue however, I go into hysterics fairly easily when watching them. The cheesy "WOOOH!" and "OH YEAH FEEL IT FEEL IT!" makes me feel so silly, I start giggling uncontrollably and can never finish the tapes. Do you guys know of any exercise vids that don't require teachers to go on the Katie Couric crash course of annoyance??
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Nov-21-04, 02:31

Plan: Less talk, More action
Stats: 175/130/130 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 100%

How about winsor pilates?...you'll be concentrating too hard on using your "powerhouse" to go hysterical!!!
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Nov-21-04, 11:57

I actually just got the Pilates For Dummies dvd on Amazon, along with Yoga For Dummies (though all that inner peace sounds like it may be a giggle causer). Thanks! At least I know I probably chose the right thing.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Nov-22-04, 11:17

Plan: Atkins /NHE/CKD
Stats: 289/219/200 Male 5' 8"
BF:41%/20%/18%
Progress: 79%

I ususally just watch the news channel

jag
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Nov-22-04, 13:41

I've tried following along with the aerobics newscasters do with their heads but all that nodding and turning gave me a stiff neck. Running "along" with the reporters in Iraq just ran me into too many walls. I was hoping to find something a little more "structured".
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Nov-23-04, 17:26

Plan: Whole Foods Since 2/02
Stats: 360.5/174.5/200 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 116%

HA! I'm cracking up at your way of thinking AP! You sound like you will be one of my favorite posters.

Sorry I can't recommend any tapes. I pretty much stare out my window or close my eyes while I'm on the treadmill. And sometimes, when I'm feeling a little crazy, I look down at my feet and think, "Hey, I'm starting to really made a nice little worn path on this tread."
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Nov-23-04, 19:58
Water-Ski Chic :-)

Plan: Healthy LC :-)
Stats: 149/132.5/141 Female 65
BF:20/14.5/15
Progress: 206%
Smile Lol

You guys are pretty funny I am getting a kick out of it because everyone of your answers are so true. I am enjoying going outside for a good ole' fashioned walk. It is getting so dark so early that I can't go for that long. But even in the middle of the day while I am at work is a good time. I can walk away from a lot of the streese that a job can bring and come back refreshed.

I do have the begginer winsor pilates tape and I am thinking about getting the other ones so I can be indoors in the weather.

Good Luck on your venture. I try to mix it up a lot so I am not so bored with it

Daisy