Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Apr-23-07, 18:57

Plan: atkins
Stats: 258.5/219/199 Female 64 inches?
BF:
Progress: 66%
Default exercise opinion

just starting out... does this look ok? i do it 4 times a week

workout - right now im doing 10-20 minutes on my gazelle, enough to get my heart pumping. then 10-15 minutes of my booty shaking routine which is dancing and kickboxing all mixed together. then i do 100 jumping jacks and this thing i read where you crouch down like you are squatting and reach for the celing and booty shake and you do 20 repititions of that. and what i call wall-ups when i find extra energy..which is push ups against the wall.... is this enough for starting out?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Apr-23-07, 21:03

Plan: close to zero carbs
Stats: 225/206/210 Male 73
BF:
Progress:

Hey it's a great start..
I highly suggest if you have the capacity and the availability you should..

LIFT WEIGHTS..

You will burn more fat..and the more muscle you build the higher your metabolism will be.

Lift weights and do some of your booty shaking..

I also recommend looking at threads and posts by Demi,ValerieL, Lisa, Galatia, Liili, Elleh..these women are kicking butt and have all come along way..
They are an excellent source of information ..and they can give you allot of support!

Good Luck!
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Apr-23-07, 23:29

Plan: My own, post Atkins
Stats: 180/131/140 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 123%

Ha! That's great. That sounds like a very good start. Like he said above, you should definitely add resistance training as soon as you can. If you have the energy and time, you could also add another 10-20 minutes on the gazelle, at a different time of the day.
I love the "booty shaking" part. My husband would lovvvvve if i added that to my routines.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Apr-24-07, 07:59
Bouncy!

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 297/173.3/150 Female 5'7" (top weight 340)
BF:41%/31%/??%
Progress: 84%

The booty shaking does sound like fun!

And I'll chime in with everyone else, add weights if you can. It will help you lose weight, really. The body goes into overdrive, burning extra calories for a long time after a good session of lifting weights.

And you don't even need to necessarily have weights to do resistance training at first. The wall-ups are a good start to resistance training. I bet you are already ready for "counter-ups", use the kitchen counter. A liter (4 cups) weighs 2.2 lbs, hold onto a 2 litre bottle of soda in each hand while you squat. Lunges (step forward and lower your body over the bent knee ahead of you until your knee and thigh make a 90 degree angle, then step back again) are great. Try them without weight first and build up to holding weights in your hand.

You'll be surprised how much you like the resistance training, you can actually feel yourself getting stronger. It's very fun!

Val
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Apr-24-07, 18:01

Plan: atkins
Stats: 258.5/219/199 Female 64 inches?
BF:
Progress: 66%

thanks so so much for all the feed back!! i appreciate it so much.