Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#2101   ^
Old Tue, Jun-05-18, 06:57

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Blue- I hope you are having a great time with your Boy!

Jaz- Wow, back to Charleston! Have you been to St Simon's Island? I was just reading about in the other day in Southern Living. I'd like to see that place! Mackinac Island (MI) is also on my bucket list but I'll do that with DH. Where is your son living 'up north?'

Lori- Wow, I am sorry that work was so hard! Sounds like a nightmare. Hopefully it will be better for you today. At least you have your car back!

Trig- We are experiencing the end-of-the-school-year rush! I'm right there with you. Trying to get loose ends tied up before summer kicks in.

KMom- Hope all is well with you!

•••••••••••••••

I'm enjoying my first quiet morning! My Dad and SM left early this morning (DH took them on his way to work) and I finally have some down time! DS16 has no school today (final exam week, he has no exams today) but he is still asleep and WHOO BOY I am enjoying my house all to myself!

I called my Mom last night when I hadn't heard from her. I was surprised she didn't call me or DD to find out how the shower went or anything.

I am so not sure how to feel about this whole fiancι thing. He seems very nice. But dude, he is coming on pretty strong with me, for someone I've never met. I think in his mind we have a relationship that we don't actually have. He texted me the first few days after her fall, just a text update a day, which I appreciated, but the last one ended with "we love you and miss you terribly" (etc) and I was really taken aback. DUDE. We have never even laid eyes on each other. I don't know you. You don't know me. That is NOT the way you should be feeling and back DOWN. lol I texted back some kind of vague response. But HELLO. NO.

DS16 has Spanish and Geometry exams tomorrow. I think he is going to end with a final grade of a C in Spanish, which is really too bad, because he got B's 3 of the 4 quarters. But quarter 2 and 3 were low Bs and his 4th quarter grade is looking right now to be a 76. If he bombs the final (which he likely will, they all do) then I think it will come out a C. Otherwise he has all As and Bs.

Was great to have the whole family here- Saturday night I made dinner for 9 and we had a big group also for Sunday night. I am lucky and blessed to have opportunities to have all my kids in the nest still, and having other family here is an additional blessing. The crack slaw was a hit with everyone.

I got 19K steps in yesterday! I broke my streak of closing all the rings on Sunday, day 39, with the shower and the rain. Yesterday I rocked it, and today I am going to the gym.

Weighing in on Thursday and I have absolutely no idea what to expect. At all!
Sponsored Links
  #2102   ^
Old Tue, Jun-05-18, 08:56

Plan: 20 net carbs
Stats: 250/210/175 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:
Progress:

Hey to my LC buddies!

SO busy getting ready for the vacay tomorrow to DC. SD has been here off and on helping me. It takes me about 25 minutes each way, but it is worth it to have her here! She loves her mom and loves to do work with me! So we went to the grocery store yesterday....about 25 things on a list from my sister who will stay here with her husband (maybe a couple of weeks!). So I am getting a little worn down trying to find all the different kinds of food...and very specific kinds! About a half hour into it, SD turns to me and signs..."So fun....right?" I smiled. She is my joy! Then of course she insisted I did not carry in any of the groceries! She giggled and trotted on every trip into the house. Kinda hard to explain her. Happiness flows out of her for sure! And no rage for more than two months! Yay, meds!

Sorry this is all about me, but I am maxed in many ways. Too much to share. All is OK, but just some stuff required more of me (emotionally) than I planned. But I know it meant a lot to the other person that was hurting.

Exited to see my oldest DD and her family. Will go to granddaughter's graduation. Not sure we will see any sights. We have seen all the major ones, I think. Will just spend time together and of course go SHOPPING! I tend to by each family member an outfit while I am there, although one of my granddaughter's asked me last time if she could use the money for make-up! The family does not have much money, but they are SO HAPPY. I love being around them.

Hope to read back on posts on my phone and maybe I will even take notes!

K-Momo 10x4
  #2103   ^
Old Wed, Jun-06-18, 05:47

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

slept through alarm- totally late to work. School project done, went to bed 2am.

Post later- all good here
  #2104   ^
Old Wed, Jun-06-18, 06:43

BF:

KMom- have a wonderful and safe trip to the DC area! I know you and SD will have a wonderful time. I loved your description of her shopping with you. She is joyful and you appreciate her joy- all good things!

Make sure to take the time to take care of you, okay? You are so aware of what others want or need, and you give and give and give. I worry about that. Make sure you aren't putting yourself last too often.

Jaz- Wow, you were up late. Burning the candle at both ends! Glad you got the project done and hope your day at work goes all right.

Hello to everyone else!

So I weighed today, first time in at least five weeks.. somewhere between five and six weeks I believe. Anyway, I am up one pound. So, not bad. I was slightly disappointed to not be down, but on the other hand, I am in a great mental space with what I am doing, have not had any issues with bingeing for the whole period I've been doing NoS, and enjoying a greater variety of foods etc. PLUS this is coming off of the bridal shower on Sunday!

So I am going to keep doing what I am doing for another month and check in again with my weight at that time.

I decided against the dress I had originally chosen for the wedding so I am back to the drawing board- I ordered a bunch and we'll see how they go. Online shopping is the best!

DS16 is in his hardest exam day right now- Spanish and Geometry, two hours each. Fingers crossed that he does well. Spanish came up to a 78- still a C (+) but every bit will help with him hopefully ending with a B for the year vs a C. But it will be what it is.

His wisdom teeth come out on Friday morning. This week has been a bit of a wash with school timing- he went from 8-10:30AM on Monday, no school Tuesday, 8-12 today, 8-10:30 tomorrow. Then he is finished but surgery Friday morning. Yikes! I will do around the clock pain medicine for at least 24 hours, just as I did with DS19. I don't want pain to get ahead of him. I need to make sure I have plenty of soft foods to offer him for the first few days.

Hope everyone has a chance to check in sometime soon!
  #2105   ^
Old Wed, Jun-06-18, 07:19

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Just in from a little 2.5 mile run. This is the first time I've run since Edinburgh! I really needed to get back out there. It seemed hard, which you would expect after nearly a 2 week lay off. I'm going to try to run 3 times a week and do my gym workout twice a week. We'll see how the plan goes.

KMom...have a nice time in DC. Be gentle with yourself and just enjoy.

Nic...Nice work on your NoS plan! Being happy with what you're doing is HUGE. I can't wait to hear all about your dress shopping. Where have you ordered from? I hope you have lots of good choices. Are you thinking of a certain color? Exciting!

Jaz.....2AM!! I don't know how you function at work after a late night like that. Good luck! I'm sure it feels great to have your school project finished.

Blue....I know you're enjoying lots of good family time.

Trig...when do you leave for your beach trip? That sounds awesome. Do I remember correctly that you'll be gone 10 days? Ahhh......wonderful.

Time for me to hit the shower. My cleaning lady comes today, so I have to be finished in the bathroom so she can get to work. Speaking of work....I just have to get thru 6 hours tonight and then I'm free until next Monday.
  #2106   ^
Old Wed, Jun-06-18, 17:01

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all,

Nic---Yuk on the "over huggy" text from mom's fiancι. Yep, little warning flag there. OTOH, some people are just goopy like that, and best news is, they don't live near by!

Yay to the house to yourself! I'm going to feel that way in about a week. Will be sad to see son leave, loving having him here...and his MANY friends. Lots of comings and goings and parties on the porch. I know his friends here and it's great to see them all again. Still, everything has its season, and next week we'll be back to life as we know it, and plenty busy getting back to our tasks. For now, we're all about his visit. Going to squeeze every good moment out of it. Other things can wait.

Jaz---You are going to be our Charleston expert! Was "our" hotel booked? wouldn't be surprised as they were getting there over a year out. Warms my mama heart that you and your son can vacation together and enjoy each other in more depth than e-mails and quick visits.

Lori---I can't believe they let go of re-stock/dressing room/sales people in the clothing department! Gads, the shortage costs (shop lifting) on that alone would more than pay for someone to monitor the dressing rooms and re-stock. And while all those not re-stocked clothes pile up in a big hamper, they are not available to be sold. Last but not least, it drives me crazy when I can't find help and I have often just turned on my heel and walked out.

I dunno. They say the economy is so great, but I see some seriously bad undercurrents---like a quake waiting to happen--- in retail and a lot of bad knee jerk reactions to poor sales.

Good for you for getting back on the run!

K-mom---You sure have had A LOT going on in your life lately. No wonder you're feeling tired. Excited for you for your trip with SD, and the opportunity to see another daughter and grandchildren. So fun that you buy them each an outfit, or make-up as the case might be. What a treat! When I was in college and my parents were divorced, my dad used to take me out for my birthday to buy me an outfit. Was really scraping pennies in those days (and again, ha) and it was a huge treat. Plus, bless his heart, he stood around in the teen department forever while I tried on and off and made up my mind. Sometimes the people giving don't realize how much they're giving---not just money or a thing, but time and love and patience.

Trig--- I want to know too---when do you guys leave. Have to brace ourselves for your absence.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good new business meeting today on a project I've been working on. Beautiful day here, and son is home and cozy. Last night the three of us went out to eat at our fave Thai place and then came home and watched a movie together, all cuddled up all over our living room, just like the old days.

Happy day. Nothing more to ask from it.

Last edited by Blue52 : Wed, Jun-06-18 at 18:04.
  #2107   ^
Old Wed, Jun-06-18, 18:20

BF:

Blue- So happy for you right now!!!!!! Bask in the moment!!!!!
Just happy happy happy...... family back together

Kmom- you should be in DC now?????

Nic- up a pound- not!!!!! Water weight from the shower! How did that go? I want details! Why are you sending your dress back????
Do you need OUR HELP???????????? I'm in!!!!!!!
Blue wore a beautiful pantsuit last year. As mother of the bride you can wear whatever you want as long as the colors match!!!!
We can help........... !!!!!!!

Lori- I need a coach!!!!!! I need yo to kick me in the motivation butt!!!!!! I need just a smidgen of what you have. Don't ya just love that word????? Smidgen!!!!! Who uses that anymore??? us word junkies.

Trig- I know you are prepping like mad. What are you doing? Still waiting to hear from my last questions to you......... tapping a pencil...... I know you are cramming- post when you can love!
------------------------------------------
I crammed and am truly pushing both ends. Worked until all hours and slept through - well turned off alarm and said just 5 minutes and 1.5 later got up to go to work. Said I had a headache. I rarely do that. I am usually first and last to leave.

I am truly PEOPLED out. I need some SPACE. I have had the last 3 weekends suck up with people and stuff and no down time and work and school in-between. I am talked out and "needed" out.

This software implementation has been a real piece of work. It isn't working and everyone is freakin out. It a horrible program to chart in. But it came from higher than my pay grade. So ya just deal right?

Then omg- I finished that monster project last night. ONE ONE ONE ONE post to go then I have 4 weeks off school. My goodness I need it.

NIC- Yes I have been to St. Simon several times. It is one of the most beautiful places on earth. I am serious. Just gorgeous. I am slated to go back in Sept. The last time I was there I spent a week there- I was interviewing for a job. I think I have written about it. FUN FUN FUN Beautiful place- moss dropped trees, Marina, beach, just well beautiful. Quaint. You must go.

I have a friend who is going in Sept and ask if I wanted to meet her there....... YES Please!!!!!!
So Charleston in July and St. Simon in Sept. Perfect!!!! All within 6 hours of me!

I had a Nast blip- (Trig) stop reading. I was tired, and tired , and my fault. It wan't a huge derail by anyones standards. 99% of the populations would not even call it a issue- just dinner. But for us low carbers- it is. AND it wasn't even good.

Got off work late tonight- tired- lack of sleep. Not feeling like cooking and cold food held no appeal. Just wanted a gyro. So I had one. Picked it up to go. That was it. I know in the scoop not a off the chain.
But it just takes a little here and there....... I know- lord howdy how I know.

Back on track tomorrow. have a chicken roasting now- for tomorrow. Will make chicken salad and then freeze some.

Just moving forward from that- not going to beat self up- no need. I take ownership.

Ok- I NEED a few episode of the ROYAL life of the Crown - only a few episodes left before I need a new series! I LOVE LOVE LOVE Netflix!

More chatting you all up tomorrow - I was all about me- sorry
  #2108   ^
Old Wed, Jun-06-18, 19:48

BF:
Progress:

Jaz---Small correction. No, I did not wear a pantsuit to my nieces wedding---So NOT a pantsuit gal--- and I wasn't the mother of the bride, so I had more freedom in what I chose, but not sure I'd choose differently if I WAS the mother of the bride.

I did wear black chiffon wide leg pants, a white blouse with an elegant cut, and a lovely scarf shawl. NO PANTSUIT. Not calling you out pal, just correcting the record. Me, pantsuit, never.

Nic---I somehow missed the whole thing with you sending your dress back. Hey, I have a pal here who is going to be the mother of the bride in August, and she rented a gorgeous designer dress from a site called renttherunway. It's beautiful and sold for a whole lot more than she paid to rent it for a night...like I think about $40.

Might be worth checking out this site, don't know if it's local or everywhere. But do know there will likely be something similar in your area. Seems like a great solution for you, as you will certainly never wear this dress again---if you can help it.
  #2109   ^
Old Wed, Jun-06-18, 20:47

BF:

OMG- I almost spit my wine I do say over that laugh BLUE- Beautiful!!!!!HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I stand corrected!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHHAHAH
  #2110   ^
Old Thu, Jun-07-18, 06:31

BF:

Good Morning!

Enjoyed a lovely, long lie in this morning. It was 6:30 before I rolled out! I got into bed at 11 last night. Made it thru my 3 night stretch and now have a few days off....ahhhh. It was quite boring last night, sure different than the previous 2 nights. We did have a woman rush in the door 5 minutes before closing and wanting to look at golf clothes. She did try to hurry, but by the time she tried some things on and finally checked out, it was 8-10 minutes past closing time. She also wanted 2 separate transactions...of course she did. Sigh...The manager and I still managed to get out before 10, so not too bad.

Blue...sounds like you're having a nice visit with your son. How long is he staying?

Jaz....I need a bit more motivation myself. Today I had planned to go to the gym for Day #1 of my new workout plan. I'm not feeling it. I have all day, so maybe I'll get myself moving...who knows? Working nights just kills me as far as the next day goes. I need to get over that pronto! I promised DH a good dinner tonight, so I do have to make a grocery run at some point and the grocery store is right next to the Rec Center. A workout and then a stop at the grocery store...what's so hard about that? Notice I'm trying to talk myself into it!

I hope you have a nice weekend planned Jaz. It sounds like you need some down time.

Nic...can't wait to see what dresses you chose to try. Maybe you can email us links from the sites you ordered from? I know you'll look beautiful!

Trig...pop in girl! We need details of your trip.....when, where etc.

Ok, I'm going to enjoy some more coffee and see if I can muster up enough energy to get dressed for the gym.

Hugs to you all!
  #2111   ^
Old Thu, Jun-07-18, 07:14

BF:

Okay so wedding dresses (blech!) - I ordered some from Lord and Taylor and then a "prime box" from Amazon with a few dresses in there too. BUT I found one that I think might work at the mall yesterday. For sure it is WAY more comfortable than the other one- it has a little give and it doesn't feel as itchy. We'll see how the others look that come in. They are all navy.

Next thing will be to decide what to wear to the rehearsal/rehearsal dinner. Whoo hoo. lol

Blue- SO GLAD that you are enjoying every minute with your son, and that he is enjoying his time both with you and DH, and with his buddies. It is great that he has so many good friends to reconnect with and that they meet at your house to do it. I love that!

VERY sweet memory you shared about your Dad. He loved his girl for sure!

I have heard of Rent the Runway and looked at their website. Nothing really resonated with me. Something will come up!

LOL Jaz and Blue, see? I didn't even know there was a difference using the words pantsuit vs wide legged pants with a blouse. To me they are one and the same. IMO there should be two clothes categories- jeans and shorts. lol

Lucky you, getting to go to Charleston AND St Simon. I plan to get there one day. You are such a water gal!

Lori- I've been having trouble getting motivated for exercise this week too. I've done it but not very enthusiastically! Yay for being finished with work for a while!

•••••••••••

So the news of the day is HE DID IT!! He squeaked by with a B in Spanish. I was shocked and amazed and thrilled for him and he was pretty darn pleased with himself. I won't lie, being grounded definitely gave him more time to study. But that of course was not the reason for the grounding, just a happy side benefit. It is so good for him to see, too, that he can put the work in even when he doesn't "feel" like it and do his best. Sometimes it pays off, sometimes not, but the trying matters. And NO MAS ESPANOL, SCREW YOU SENORA FLINT!

Today I will pick him up at 10:15, we will celebrate the end of the school year and the fact that he will now be a JUNIOR (OMG!) and then I will go shopping for soft foods that he can have post-surgery tomorrow morning. I will be playing nursemaid.

Tonight is my Niece's graduation from 8th grade so we are joining the clan for dinner and the graduation. We will hopefully be back from that by 9:30-10 PM. I will be tired!

That's it from here. I'll fit a walk in there somewhere in the middle.
  #2112   ^
Old Thu, Jun-07-18, 18:54

BF:

PLACING MY DOT FOR TOMORROW- cleaning up from a CRAZY BUSY Week. I will be open to post tomorrow.

Crammed- almost over - a break coming Via 1 last post- and the weekend-

Will catch up tomorrow- been reading- personals all tomorrow
  #2113   ^
Old Thu, Jun-07-18, 19:40

BF:
Progress:

Quick check in for me.

I have decided to call this week w/son a staycation, as we're not going on our usual summer trip to Door County and work is once again on the slow side.

Spending as much time as possible with him, and we love to go out for a bite or happy hour, so my woe is wobbly as heck, but no more so than it would be on a vacation. Pretty much Ifing till dinner, then whatever the night brings with son.

When son leaves next week, reality will return w/a thud as we clear the back of our house for being painted. LOTS of work ahead, so going to enjoy the now w/son, and like I said, make it my summer vacation.

Will be back soon w/personals. Tired out tonight, but in a good way.
  #2114   ^
Old Fri, Jun-08-18, 04:44

BF:

Good Morning!

Beautiful sunrise this morning....now if only the weekend could be as nice, but I don't think it will be. I'm just about to watch the weather forecast to see if I'll be playing golf tomorrow.

I didn't get to the gym yesterday, so have to get there sometime today for sure. I'm having trouble adhering to a workout schedule since my return from Scotland. I guess I need to enter another race so I have something looming to scare me straight!

Yesterday I made a grocery store run, made pork chops for dinner(from Butcher Box.....OMG.....YUM) and made a shortcake for DH as he came home with 2 boxes of strawberries. I will admit to having a small piece of shortcake...just had to. The good news is that it was ok, but I don't feel compelled to eat any more. Not that it wasn't good...DH raved about it, but I guess my taste buds have changed.

Blue...sounds like you're doing great with IF. I just cannot seem to get a good handle on it. I had one good day this week and then it went south. Going out with your son for happy hour and a bite sounds perfect.

Nic...hope the dress you found at the mall works for you. Having something comfortable will certainly help you enjoy the day. You are right that so many beautiful dresses are just not that comfortable..tight and itchy! What color/type of dress are you thinking for the rehearsal?

Jaz...hope your Friday goes well. You have had some week!

Trig.....missing you! Maybe you have left for vacation already?

Ok...more coffee, please. Later!
  #2115   ^
Old Fri, Jun-08-18, 04:51

BF:

It has been an arduous week. Do you not love this word-involving or requiring strenuous effort; difficult and tiring.
"an arduous journey"
synonyms: taxing, difficult, hard, heavy, laborious,

I feel every word applied to the type of week I have had! TGIF!!!

TRIG- ARE YOU GONE ALREADY??????? I thought we had a FEW more days with you. Yes like BLUE said- we need time to BRACE for your absence!!! When you leave you ready do unplug. I can't do that. I am hooked.

BLUE- I know about reality hitting like a thud. Maybe you could reframe how you are going to approach the way you look at it. It is the NEXT NEST with you and the HUBS!!! A FRESH NEW START! Plus you will have a few extra $$ in your pocket. Nothing worse than being house poor.
But enjoy your time with DS. - Prepping to see mine. Does your son call you all too?
How is his job going? Does he still like it? Is he still at that upscale restaurant? Is he loving his city?

NIC- I have been so CORRECTED- HAHAHAHAH- PARDON- no pantsuit for you or BLUE! HAHA ROFL!!! I love my spring dresses! I find pant restrictive. Talk about confided and itchy. No thank you- I love a twirl and some bling. I am so curious as to what you will pick!
YAY- to the "boy" that will be a junior! - Put your seat beat on my friend. Time is going to FLY and another one will fly from the next before you know it.

I get you on the guy your mom is with. That text is a little over the top. Well a lot over the top. How is it you mom broke ribs? She fell? Doing what? How old is she? she is in her 60's right?
I do know just from experience that people MY age and older that are dating- thing can move pretty quick. 50's and over are very aware of the "CLOCK"- so boundaries may not be as strict. I have had issues with that. Guys wanting to move so FAST!!! MAYBE- this dude with your mom feels he is already part of your family???? I dunno- I second that it's for the best she is not in drop in distance.

Kmom- you should be in DC about now- I missed saying have a great trip!I will want to hear all about it when you return!

Lori- YOU are the motivation on here in the excersize dept! Although NIC- is upping her game!
I dunno if I would put up with working nights like that is I din't have to. I mean it's one thing to put a few hours in here and there a few days a week- in the day time. But evenings- NOPE- not for me. I love my evenings. I love to be at home after being gone all day. I love my time.

Whats on your weekend plan?
-----------------------------------------------
8 hours and counting. Although mentally I am already checked out from work. Just DONE. What a week!!! - TGIF! I will appear in body form only.
We have a few visitors today from another division to come and learn about our program.

Today I am searching for a place the kiddo and I can go. Yes our spot is taken!!!!! Plus we are on a budget.

So- I will check in later- OK WOE-Not much movement there- just stable.

Have a great day!
Closed Thread