Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#241   ^
Old Fri, Jun-22-18, 08:59

Plan: LCHF
Stats: 189/142/135 Female 66 inches
BF:hmmmm?
Progress: 87%

Hi everyone,
Thank you for the warm welcome. Itís nice to see that all of you are doing so well. I hope to join your ranks diet-wise and stay motivated. At this point in my life (old), I find it extremely difficult to lose. I can stick to the diet, but in a monthís time, I lost one pound. Iím trying to convince myself to look at the bright side Ė at least, I didnít gain, and a pound lost is still a pound gone.
Sitting at the computer is a no-no for me and posting is not a regular thing for me, but I do like to tune in now and then, and I will always support your WOE and your losses. Itís so good to see so many folks still benefitting from Dr. Aís wonderful advice. Until next time,
Sherri
Sponsored Links
  #242   ^
Old Fri, Jun-22-18, 12:33

Plan: Atkins 72 induction
Stats: 225/125/125 Female 5"8
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hello 👋 all,

So glad to see everyone checking in.

De.... I brought my jalapeŮo relish too for Florida that way I didnít have to worry! I also brought my dressing just red wine vinegar and olive oil. Got a bunch of packets when we hit up subway!
Your day with grands sounds fabulous! 106 Lordy it only 59 and raining here!

Hello dear Jo, Amy and Sherri!
Have a fantastic Friday and take care of yourself!
  #243   ^
Old Fri, Jun-22-18, 21:06

Plan: Aí72
Stats: 188/143/144 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 102%

Well crap, my post disappeared...starting over!

Another hot day today so Iíve been hibernating all day. Getting some housework & cooking done plus listening to postcasts as I get things done.

We always take supplies and coolers on car trips, but usually not when flying ( except for my coffee). Just seems easier to pick up supplies once I get there!

Sherri, have you been LC since 2010 without breaks? Some of us here are also grandmas & Iím also retired. What area of CA are you in? I grew up in CA.

Good to see everyone who is posting here! Have a great weekend all
  #244   ^
Old Yesterday, 12:02

Plan: ketogenic
Stats: 298/177.2/140 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 76%

Hi All

Paulette, you must be busy growing your veggies and herbs in the short northern summer season. Probably soaking in your pool too . Miss ya!

Wow, Delaney, soooo hot hot hot there. Yikes 106. Hibernation is a good plan...like we do in winter in the north.

What is the brand of jalapeno relish you use, Berni? I found dill relish but not jalapeno at my store. It sounds really good!

Sherri, a pound a month is much better than gaining!!

Yes Jo, I get extra pay for OT. Extra stress too. But I do what I can. I know it will take your level of persistence (stubborness) for me too, to not regain. Although I never eat carbs, I just plain eat too much if I lift my eyes from focus. Stress makes me hungry

Not sure if I mentioned I am back to weighing once a month. Daily has never worked for me. I'd like to shift these pounds that crept back and find maintenance!

Thanks for being here everyone!
  #245   ^
Old Yesterday, 18:34

Plan: Aí72
Stats: 188/143/144 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 102%

Hi friends!

OMG...get this. My DH bought a book and decided to go Keto, now he thinks he has the keto flu. He keeps saying heís not hungry, then I fix myself something and suddenly he wants it too. this is going to be fun! Not. It wouldn't be so bad except he doesnít help with cooking or cleaning, except on a rare occasion. Iím annoyed.

Hi Amy, like you I donít like weighing myself every day. I weigh once a week or so.

We can get jalapeŮo relish at Albertsons. Itís next to the dill relish. You can make your own from the slices too. Thatís what Iíve been doing since we have a large jar of sliced jalapeŮos.

Thanks for reading about my rant today. Have a good one all