Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sun, Jun-14-15, 15:40

Plan: LC RPAH/FailSafe
Stats: 137/136/136 Female 67"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Ok, Stacy, here goes, full of love and YOU CAN DO THIS:

Do not talk to the devil! You have done this before, brilliantly. You really did this brilliantly! I was so inspired and impressed by your diligence and perseverance, and you got super-duper results.

I have never read of anyone harming his or her kidneys on an all-meat diet, unless that person already had kidney disease.

There are studies and reports at the Nutrition and Metabolism Society, at the Charlie Foundation, and at Matthew's Friends about Ketogenic diets and how keto effects health. The studies spell out everything that has happened. People have been eating keto and being studied for about 90+ years now.

And there is the famous Bellevue study with Stefansson and Anderson. You know where I have posted and posted with links and studies and science, for years.

More TOUGH LOVE:

If we discuss this WOE with people who do not eat this way, they feel threatened and pass on superstitious nonsense. They have no clue, no clue at all. They believe the lies of Ancel Keys and the grain-soy-PUFA-sugar pushers.

If you want more reinforcement, the ZCers will tell you A, B, C to X, Y, Z.

There is Amber's blog, Empirica, and Kelly Hogan's blog, My Zero Carb Life. And Roseanne Smith.

There are so many women doing ZC who can give testimony after testimony of how they have mental poise, calmness, slim figures, improved health, and so on, ad infinitum!

How is that for starters??? Enough tough love??? You would tell me the same things. xoxoxoox

You know the truth. You have lived it. You will succeed again, and keep it.

You know you can do this, and you will keep your plan and succeed!

XOXOXOXOXOXO

Last edited by SilverEm : Sun, Jun-14-15 at 15:47.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sun, Jun-14-15, 15:50

Plan: vlc
Stats: 272/272/152 Female 5 ft 4 in
BF:let me look, yep
Progress: 0%

YOUR SO RIGHT>>>>THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU>>>THAT WAS ALL I NEEDED>>>>LOVE LOVE LOVE
  #18   ^
Old Sun, Jun-14-15, 15:51

BF:

Oh beautiful Stacy, I figured as much.

Love right back at you.

XOXOXO

Em
  #19   ^
Old Mon, Jun-15-15, 07:54

not exactly sure what all is on my menu this week but do know i am going to have that chicken casserole...some salmon patties,,,maybe ground chicken patty...pork chops maybe....not sure but will be ready...

i am really liking how my hunger is decreased...I havent eaten for over 26 hrs now and cannot say that I am hungry yet,,,I like this feeling

Have a great day all who comes to visit..eat something yummy
  #20   ^
Old Mon, Jun-15-15, 08:17

BF:

Good Morning, Stacy. What a nice menu you have planned. Sounds as though you are getting well-adapted again. Yeah for keto.

Today for me:

Tea, some w/ sea salt and hwc
Didn't eat enough yesterday so extra fats this morning.
CLO/flaxseed oil/cream cheese
A few herbs and tiny leaves from the garden

Roast beef
Vinegar and salt gelatin, hh yoghurt

Some butter, cream cheese or hwc, and more tea
Tea gelatin and yoghurt or cream cheese

Some kind of fish, mashed w/ egg yolks and either Kerrygold or cream cheese. Perhaps 1 tsp. of herbs.

Perhaps the same mixture again, in any case, some small of amt. of PRO and a goodly amt. of animal FAT.

Later, some kind of fat: hwc, butter, or cream cheese

----

PFC amounts as in my signature.

Water, salt, and more water and salt as it will be 95-100 degrees here today.

Nice walk this morning. Transplanted some tiny spinach sprouts to have more space to grow. Container gardening. The tiny leaves are nice for micronutrients.

Callanetics and senior yoga later.

Best wishes to all for clean eating and good health.

Last edited by SilverEm : Mon, Jun-15-15 at 09:14.
  #21   ^
Old Mon, Jun-15-15, 10:13

oh my gosh i loveeeeeeeeeeeeee cream cheese...i just asked in your journal about adding in fat, but i see how now....

do you also eat other cheeses? i love love love hard cheeses..a good sharp cheddar is one of my favs also or a smoky one
  #22   ^
Old Mon, Jun-15-15, 10:29

BF:

Hi, Stacy. I posted amounts in my journal, so you can see how I portion it all out.

I like hard cheeses but they cause me troubles. Casein, amines, molds, milk and cream not being raw or grass-fed, etc. I had to kick them out of the food plan. Too many unpleasant symptoms. I've tested many times over the years. Even the super-fancy, raw, triple cream ones.

I make creme fraiche, mascarpone, yoghurt, rennet creams, gelatin creams. HWC is the niftiest thing. It and butter go w/ everything.

Publix sells TempTee whipped cream cheese. Often 3 containers for $5. Not organic or grass-fed, but, so far, it doesn't give me too many troubling symptoms.
  #23   ^
Old Mon, Jun-15-15, 12:06

BF:

Here is a recipe for cream cheese. This recipe is at a wonderful cheese-making site. I haven't made the cream cheese yet, but did use his recipe for making labneh, which is a simple cheese, made from drained yoghurt.

Here is the main page to the cheese-making site.

I also make rennet creams/custards.

Today's recipe w/ a mixture of hh/hwc. Needed: 2 cups of hh or hh/hwc. Heat to 95 degrees Fahrenheit.

While hh/hwc is heating, put Junket rennet tablet in a bit of cold hh/hwc to dissolve. I use 2 tablets for the 2-cup jar, as the hh/hwc I am using today is ultra-pasteurized. (When I have low heat-pasteurized, I use only one tablet.) I add vanilla extract, and do not use any AS at all.

When hh/hwc is 95 degrees, I pour it into the jar, and stir briefly, to make sure the tablet is thoroughly dissolved and dispersed into the mixture.

Put on lid. Let sit undisturbed for a good 15 minutes, a bit longer is good. It will be set up enough to eat, but is better when chilled and sets longer.

The Junket rennet tablets are chemicals, not from animal stomachs. They are basically digestive enzymes, and break down some of the milk proteins. It makes the rennet custards/creams really easy to digest.

I don't use AS anymore, and stevia extract seems to disturb the intestinal flora. So, I just use vanilla extract that has no corn syrup or sugar in it.

Last edited by SilverEm : Mon, Jun-15-15 at 12:22.
  #24   ^
Old Mon, Jun-15-15, 16:57

Plan: DDF, P:E
Stats: 237.5/179.4/150 Female 64
BF:55.7%/47.5%/?
Progress: 66%

Hi all. I'm new here. Your thread title caught my eye. I'm actually following a ketogenic diet. I do best on that. So I too track my carbs, fats and protein. I also check my glucose and my blood ketones to see if I'm really in ketosis.

Cheese seems to be a trigger for skin issues so I've now decided to eliminate that. When I'm in ketosis my skin does better too. Not sure why? but it's pretty restrictive so maybe giving up all that junk is why? I gave up gluten a few years ago, tried a bit of paleo but since going ketogenic I think I've found my way of eating for life.

Hope I can hang out with you all?

Diane
  #25   ^
Old Mon, Jun-15-15, 20:16

we would love to have you...

welcome
  #26   ^
Old Tue, Jun-16-15, 00:53

BF:

Hi, Diane. Welcome! It's nice to have you here. I, too, stay ketogenic. My ratios are in my signature. I sometimes have the fat higher than 1.5. I am so thankful that Dr. Wilder found that super low carbs, low-ish protein, and super high fat would make the brain function smoothly.

Are you on keto for migraines, too, or something else? I, too, think my skin is much nicer on this food plan.

Last edited by SilverEm : Tue, Jun-16-15 at 02:06.
  #27   ^
Old Tue, Jun-16-15, 10:09

good morning beautiful friends....

here late this morn, am fighting a headache myself...slept on couch kinda weird plus its rainy so could be the culprit...

not sure what i am eating today yet...not hungry yet...

have a wonderful day...

luv to all
  #28   ^
Old Tue, Jun-16-15, 10:33

Plan: IF dairy-free keto ish
Stats: 175/175/170 Male 71
BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljsmom
in one of the other groups i belong too on facebook one of the girls wants to debate me saying i am eating too much protein and thats killing my kidneys

As long as you are sticking with fattier cuts of meat and full-fat dairy, you should be fine. If you're only eating chicken breasts, egg whites, 93% ground beef then it could potentially be an issue.
  #29   ^
Old Tue, Jun-16-15, 18:14

Plan: DDF, P:E
Stats: 237.5/179.4/150 Female 64
BF:55.7%/47.5%/?
Progress: 66%

Thought I'd take a few minutes to tell you a bit about myself. I've had some health issues for around 15 years that have knocked me on my bum. I have several autoimmune issues, have very bad migraines, pustular psoriasis, no thyroid, no gallbladder, gain wt no matter what I do, etc.

I began my transformation by eliminating gluten. Then I heard about paleo and gave that a try. Next came low carb. Then I developed some pretty severe atrial fibrillation. I googled on that to see how I could get some relief and discovered that a ketogenic diet helped the heart work more efficiently, like 28% improvement. So I decided to give it a try. It took a while but I did have less afib. My migraines would be rare and for that I was greatful. My skin began to clear somewhat and then last October I fell down my stairs breaking both leg bones and shattering my ankle and sprained my knee. So, try as I could it was impossible to stay in ketosis. My hubby had his hands full caring for me, getting me up and down stairs for appts, therapy, etc. After 5 month I had to have another surgery and this past month I'm out of the wheelchair, but not walking very well. I may never I suppose but I keep trying. Meanwhile I gained back nearly all the weight I lost the previous year. 3 weeks ago I felt I needed to recapture some control and started on keto again. My blood ketones are higher than they ever were and my glucose is some of the lowest I've seen. Not sure what I"m doing better at. The only change I really made was I eat an avocado a day.

So that's the short story. Here are my macros -

My goals are to try to stay below 1,450 calories
Carbs - 12g - 17g (net)
Prot - 40g - 50g
Fat - 120g - 140g

Most days my percentages are
Carbs at 4 to 7%
Prot at 10 to 15%
Fat most times 85%

My keto ratio is 2.24. I run mostly 2.7 and up. Depends on my day.

I just remembered this forum having registered years ago but never posted. I hope to meet some others eating this way and help and share in joy and struggle.

D
  #30   ^
Old Tue, Jun-16-15, 21:44

Plan: Keto
Stats: 204/157.0/138 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 71%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljsmom
someone talk me off the ledge....i know its ok, i just need a voice of reason and validation...in one of the other groups i belong too on facebook one of the girls wants to debate me saying i am eating too much protein and thats killing my kidneys...I am not going to debate her, but just need some reassurance that I am ok....thanks sisters

Hope you're okay. Have you ever noticed that the only experts on parenting are people who don't have kids? and the experts on raising teenagers don't have kids that age either. As a species we tend to have lots of opinions, but they're mostly on things they know nothing about from experience. Once we get experience we share that. So remember those debaters have no experience inside your body, or with your health, or your energy requirement or even your genetic history. success is absolutely the best revenge.

good luck