Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#2731   ^
Old Mon, Apr-23-07, 08:38

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 175/167.7/139 Female 5'6''
BF:
Progress: 20%

so this morning my car died on me, and i couldn't go to personal training. this is the first time I have ever missed PT since I've started. I was a bit devastated. It's amazing how much your morning routine means to you! so my bf gave me a ride and hopefully the car problem will be fixed by today or tomorrow the latest. I'm at work ridiculously early so I'm on here killing sometime. Argg! I don' feel like facing the children without my morning stress relief.
Last night, my mom had another B-day dinner for me because her and my dad were gone over my b-day on a cruise. She bought a small cake and icecream for it. As soon as I saw it in the fridge I froze. How can I say no to my mom? In front of my family and grandparents. I don't understand why she would try to sabotoge me like that. she's on weightwatchers so the cake isn't exactly legal for her either. Anyways, when the cake was infront of me with 24 candles (which i do like blowing candles out) I ended up eating a scoop of ice cream and a small piece that I didn't finish. the thing was, I didn't like the taste at all. and i felt super stressed while eating it. afterwards, i could feel slight cravings because of the high sugar intake. ugh, i realize now, that if it were me and the cake alone, I wouldn't want to eat it. the only reason I caved was because I didn't want to insult my mom. Most of the time this situation doesn;t happen. I'm not worried about weight gain. Just psychologically it was very stressful and draining. It's frustrating now that people think high sugary foods are a treat. I'm realizing more and more that I just don't like the foods I used to eat. I just find it embarassing to say, i can't eat that, or I'm not eating that because of my diet. Anyways, i'm not planning on eating anymore cake anytime soon. the moral of the story is: I can't have my cake and eat it too.

Hope everyone has Marvelous Mondays!

Last edited by KatieAZ : Mon, Apr-23-07 at 08:46.
Sponsored Links
  #2732   ^
Old Mon, Apr-23-07, 09:20

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 163.4/154.5/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 66%

145 this morning....I have 12 days until I leave for the wedding. I am having a hard time mentally on this way of life lately. I used to run non stop and I broke my foot in January (too much running...) and haven't been able to run since...it is so hard for me to feel good about my body and want to feed it fuel to run if I can't do anything...

Advice? I am on a very strict plan right now, I got my SBD book out and I will re-read to motivate myself to feed myself the way that it wants to eat.

Brie
  #2733   ^
Old Mon, Apr-23-07, 17:36

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 227/213/140 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 16%

Whats the 6 week body challenge?? im up for it! i got my sister to start atkins and she is on the forum as well.
i have been stuck for three days at 218 and am getting really ticked off at the scale. i stopped the coffee run and am having a hard time not drink starbucks and am FEINING!!!!!!! UUGGHGHH I NEED TO DRINK WATER maybe i will have the good 5 lb loss luck like u did KATIE. wish me luck ladies! peace out
  #2734   ^
Old Mon, Apr-23-07, 18:03

BF:

MDallas~ don't worry it will come. just keep going. you will whoosh.
kutaylor~drink lots of water. and you know what, whatever weight you are at on your wedding day, will be the weight your at. Your body will lose as fast or slowly as it wants. The only choice you can make is what you eat and how much you work out. just make sure your making good choices and get some exercise.

okay guys, i really wanted to stress eat about 30 minutes ago. my car is going to pep boys and they are going to find out what's wrong and let me know the damage tomorrow. ughh! I hate car problems. I didn't stress eat or maybe I did. I had salmon, avocado, and 10 almonds. I'm satsified and I don't want the pizza my roommate made. Please send good thoughts my way, I'm having a rough time emotionally lately. I just feel like I'm in a funk.....
  #2735   ^
Old Mon, Apr-23-07, 19:31

Plan: atkins
Stats: 92/112/120 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 71%

aww katie... car troubles suck!!! i hate them i have to go get my clutch on my civic adjusted and i keep putting it off b/c i dont wanna spend the money on it

just think there isnt a DARN thing you can do about it so if you cant control it then just go with it... glad to hear you made good food choices with it though!
  #2736   ^
Old Tue, Apr-24-07, 07:56

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 163.4/154.5/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 66%

Katie, thanks for the advice. That was exactly what I needed to hear. I weighed in at 141.5 today and I already feel better. Everyone at work yesterday was asking if I was sick because I looked like hell.

I am sorry to hear about your car, but it is something that is unavoidable and needs to be taken care of. You are such a great inspiration about eating salmon and avocado when you are stressed-great job!!!!
  #2737   ^
Old Tue, Apr-24-07, 08:50

BF:

thanks for the encouraging words kutaylor and mallory. I really appreciate. This morning weight jumped up to 145. I know TOM is to blame. my weight has never fluctuated to such extremes! lately it's like a rollercoaster. I'm not eating any different so I'm not going to worry about it. I bet tommorrow it will be 139. hehe! wouldn't that be wonderful.
  #2738   ^
Old Tue, Apr-24-07, 09:08

Plan: GLC
Stats: 145/139/125 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 30%

Katie, I hope your car is all better soon! And that your TOM weight whooshes away soon. I skipped TOM this month, one of the perks of being on the pill. Just didn't feel like dealing with it at all. Anyway, I feel good today, have been eating well for 3 days now, and I am going to buy rollerblades today or tomorrow so Jarred and I can start doing it together. He's lost 1 lb already since yesterday...I swear guys lose it so much easier. I'm down to 142.2...hoping to see the 130's by next week!
  #2739   ^
Old Tue, Apr-24-07, 09:11

BF:

Do you ladies eat yogurt at all? I'm trying to find a good plain one I can add my own fruit/splenda to. I bought a fat free kind the other day and it's gross. I want the extra potassium to help keep my bloatedness down. Let me know if you have any ideas
  #2740   ^
Old Tue, Apr-24-07, 10:15

Plan: atkins
Stats: 92/112/120 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 71%

I Dont Eat Yougurt And I Dont Really Eat Much Fruit Either Maybe A Starwberry If Theyre Around So Im No Help Sorry!
  #2741   ^
Old Tue, Apr-24-07, 10:22

BF:

hmm, I'm not sure with yogurt. I stopped eating it when i started LC. Maybe look in low carb products on this site or google?

Yeah, I'm on Depo so I haven't had TOM for a month and a half. I was beginning to think I wouldn't get it anymore. although, I"m experiencing more symptoms of TOM than the actual, how do yous say, 'incident'? My moods just have been so down lately!
  #2742   ^
Old Tue, Apr-24-07, 12:08

Plan: Organic/Dr. Berg
Stats: 239/201.6/150 Female 5 ft 6 in
BF:
Progress: 42%

Haven't been by here for a long time, but just wanted to say hello! You're doing great, Brie! 6.5 lbs from goal! Sorry you've been feeling so yucky, hope you continue to feel better each day!
  #2743   ^
Old Tue, Apr-24-07, 14:27
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

Hi folks,

We're closing and restarting journals and threads close to or longer than 2,000 posts, in order to improve the forum's speed/responsiveness, and restore the search function. And this thread is one of them

The current thread will still be visible and searchable, but will be closed to further new posts. New posts will go to the new "part 2" thread.

Best way to do it is start a new thread with the same name, or add "part 2". Or maybe set the title on monthly basis if you prefer a monthly/weekly/daily thread. Once the new thread is created, let me know, and I'll close this one with a link to the new one.

Thanks for your help and cooperation.

Wa'il
  #2744   ^
Old Tue, Apr-24-07, 14:52

BF:

Closed Thread