Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Feb-05-03, 06:24

Plan: CAD
Stats: 148/127.5/124 Female 5ft
BF:28%/25%/20
Progress: 85%
Cool Karen's journey to be jiggle free

I am ready to go on a gym journey to not jiggle (say that fast three times) ...at least not anywhere that I am not supposed to!

I started my light weight lifting Monday. I have not lifted for some time now so am starting out very light.

3lb. arm weights 3x12 ea
bi. curls
chest press
shoulder press
The one for triceps can't remember the name of it.
Over head raises. (again can't remember name)

I used to watch and do bodyshaping...I cannot get it here in AR. It used to be on espn. I really miss it.
Also the gym here in town closed so no weight room available for me. I will have make the best of it.

Cardio: 20min. step aerobics with
15min warmup, stretching and cool down.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Feb-11-03, 07:16

Red face like a turtle

I am making progress like a turtle but I know I will finish the race.

Last week I did the am cardio 2 times and weights for upper body 2 times

Yesterday and today did am cardio....dance

Need to find some leg weights until I can get to the gym.

Have a friend that is going to start going to a gym in another town and she invited me..Hurray I didn't know there was one so I am excited to try it out!!!

Weight as of today 132lb. That is a total of 6lbs. I feel much more trim.

Have lost 5 inches so far I believe.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Feb-17-03, 21:05

Sick today...but did some exercise this am before I felt bad.

Weights and exercise going well. !5 min cardio in am and weights in pm. Should be able to increase the length of workouts soon. Am enjoying them at this pace though. I don't feel so overwhelmed by it. it is easy to fit in too.

Hurray!!!
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Jun-28-03, 01:55

Unhappy Time has gone by....

Have been away for solid work outs...have only done them once and awhile. I am not going to see much solid progress at that rate. Read more about BFL and am very motivated. I know I have lost alot of lean muscle mass in the last 10yrs!!!

Building muscle here I come!!!
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Jun-28-03, 09:50

Plan: atkins/intermit. fasting
Stats: 166/136/135 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 97%

Hi Karen, Just want to jump in on your journey. I am the laziest when it comes to exercise and I know that activity will give me the "umpf" that I need to improve my body. You are inspiring to me. A few moths ago I walked 3-4 miles daily ( week days ) and lost 5 lbs. from that activity alone. I have not had the guts to do that. I have been out a couple of days but it is not a habit yet. But you are inspiring me to get up off my butt and get moving.

I think a little activity is better than none. I have definitely been doing none but after my breakfast this morning, I will go for a little walk.

Take Care hon,
Black57
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Jun-30-03, 17:45

Default "I want muscle"

Black 57. Thanks for dropping in. I have to read Bfl or something like that everyday to keep the motivation. It leaves so easily! BUT once it becomes a habit it will be much easier!

I did a step tape the other day with my daugther. It was only 20min and not that bad...whenever I exercise I think, now why don't I do that everyday??? I would feel so much better.

Today:

Arm wieghts and step tape. 30min while I watch for love or money. ( I am hooked on all those corny shows!)

Ate salad and chicken for lunch. plus a epice of wonderful cheesecake. Had two cups of iced decf. coffee with cream and vanilla no carb sweentener.

Now for supper...I think I will have grilled sirloin and veggies.

Isn't it great to be on a diet where you can have grilled sirloin, cheesecake, veggies with butter and lose weight?!
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Jul-07-03, 22:01

Augh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I missed for love or money. It was the final show

I have exercised 4 days in a row with my daughter. It is a 20 step tape. Yesterday we did the strength training part also. It has been great to get in that routine with her! I enjoy it so much more!
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Jul-08-03, 08:26

Plan: atkins/intermit. fasting
Stats: 166/136/135 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 97%

Pre3teach, I did make it out a couple of days. My plans were to have had my walk by now ...shame on me! I will get out for my walk, today. I am off. I am taking an online class and need to get to the library to pick up some info on African music.I am going to have eggs for breakfast and I think I will have tuna fish salad for lunch. I would love to have sirloin for dinner but my hubby is the cook so I am at his mercy.
To go along with your point, imagine, butter, cream froi gras ( sp ? ) diet food?

Black57
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Jul-08-03, 16:16

Talking

My daughter wanted to work out today to but I am taking today off from the step. I am going to do stretchs and weights. My legs need some tlc from the step.

What class are you taking? I saw a african wedding a few months ago. It was video taped in Nigeria. It was neat.
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Jul-28-03, 22:51

Cool

Did treadmill for 10min. Used arm bands for upper body work out.
Felt great. Sore troat though..son has strep.
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Jul-28-03, 23:36

Plan: low carb - PP and my own
Stats: 222/209/162 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 22%

Hi, Karen - how's the journey going? You haven't been making many journal entries since February, and I have a feeling you would find lots of support in here...of course, if you're on summer vacation, there's more time...

I'm a teacher, too...it does take energy! Even with my middle school kids. And they still get boo-boos and need bandaids, kleenex, and a shoulder to cry on now and then.

Funny, I also sold cosmetics...Mary Kay for a year (had to have back surgery from carrying around those demo cases - true story). Avon while I was back in college getting my ed degree. Even did in-store demos! Talk about teacher training! All those things get you ready to explain, persuade, motivate people. Then I taught adults who had dropped out young or gotten pregnant or into drugs...and finally saw the need for education - now I teach the population who will become those drop outs...and I feel I've gotten an invaluable perspective into their needs.

Sometimes I wish I could get them when they were in preschool!!! I was offered a job as director of a Headstart school...but when I found out the government doesn't allow teaching of reading in Headstart, I bowed out of that quickly! The sooner, the better!

How are your pounds and inches coming along? Have you been able to rebuild the muscle mass you were hoping to do in the past 5 months? Why not post some menus and see if you get any helpful feedback on those? and be sure to visit journals, in case you haven't...it's amazing what kind of help you will find here.

Have a great day, and forgive me for rambling on and on...
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Jul-30-03, 17:21

Talking hi

Hi Kathie, That is my sisters name. I love teaching. I sold MK for 5 years, then Clinique, Now I buy Jafra...so I can get my porducts at wholesale. It is much easier than MK and I only sell at cost. Helps me with the shipping cost. I was so excited to find it becasue when I first started you could order any amount and recieve 30 % off your order. I forget how it went but it is alittle harder now. I have to buy 150 wholesale to get it for 75 and that's if I ordered the monthe before. other wise it is 30% off. that is still not too shabby.

As far as my program goes...I quit for awhile but am back exercising I am so excited to get it going again! Once the bug bites me it goes great but it just takes forever for that to happen!

I am finally losing! I figured out a problem after 2-3months of agoney as to why I wasn't losing...I had increased my fat...namely added heavy cream to my coffee instead of creamora...I wanted to save on the carbs. Well it knocked my calories through the roof. I didn't know until this week how many calories were it cream. Never bothered to look becasue this is low carb right...Well I switched back and have lost 2lbs in just two days!!! I have been trying to figure that out for so long!

I finally believe the scale will go down where for so long I no longer believed that!

Well, off to get supper. My menus are in my journal. I am trying to post regularly but I have to fight my sons and hubby for the computer!
  #13   ^
Old Tue, Jan-06-04, 20:03

Red face

started exercising yesterday...was sore and I hardly did a thing. Good grief! I lifted weights some and that made my shoulders hurt alittle.

Time for situps tonight.
  #14   ^
Old Sat, Jan-17-04, 13:42

Yesterday did the step warmup.

Yep that's it. Talk about starting slow.

Today did the 20min workout. My daughter used the step and I used the floor. I want to do it again with the step this time to see how I do.

Weights for arms tonight.
  #15   ^
Old Sat, Jan-17-04, 19:30

Did the weights. 2lb. Will double up next time for more building power.