Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > LC Research/Media
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sat, May-06-23, 17:46

Plan: Keto (Atkins Induction)
Stats: 235/175/185 Male 5' 11"
BF:
Progress: 120%

Quote:
Originally Posted by WereBear
I've avoided the cereal aisle for so long I had no idea!

I noticed that years ago, and that's when I quit. Even before I went low-carb.

Once I went Atkins, (back when he was still alive) I never looked back.

I still like my half hour afternoon nap, but then I only get 6.5 hours at night. That works well for me. I call it a siesta.

I really like the taste of oats, but it's one of the things I don't get to enjoy anymore. No cereal at all since I went L.C.

Breakfast for me is 18 almonds. Big meal is lunch, then nap. My job makes me work at night often so it's a light snack at about 4.

I play music for a living.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Mon, May-08-23, 10:42
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

It was kind of amazing how companies could take 25 cents worth of ingredients and turn it into a $4 box of stuff that people would actually buy.
  #18   ^
Old Thu, May-11-23, 05:52

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy LC
It was kind of amazing how companies could take 25 cents worth of ingredients and turn it into a $4 box of stuff that people would actually buy.

I was just watching a video on oat milk:

Oat milk is literally a scam

Which explains how they do just that, with tons of marketing money and paying Starbucks to promote it with their baristas.

All because real food is literally being demonized. Meat will kill you! Dairy is murder! Eggs are still bad... for your soul! I've been called a murderer online.

It's a cult of profit. The vegans get to feel morally superior and everyone else gets vaguely fearful of animal products. That's when you fall for white liquid full of canola oil and a trick that increases the sugar content after processing. So it's not listed on the label, but a glass of it is similar to Coca-Cola.

We get to overpay while eating with the nutritional level of the third world impoverished. While they lie about how much their heavy manufacturing and chemicals affect the climate compared to animals roaming the earth.
  #19   ^
Old Thu, May-11-23, 19:12

BF:

It's all about the money.

How inexpensively can we produce it, how much can we charge for it, and how do we promote it.

It's the down side of unregulated or barely regulated capitalism.

I can see the problem, but don't know how to fix it
  #20   ^
Old Sun, May-14-23, 05:52

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob-a-rama
It's the down side of unregulated or barely regulated capitalism.

I can see the problem, but don't know how to fix it

In the US it will start being fixed since a whole lot of current misbehavior is because our food & law enforcement has been starved of funding. This let scammers run rampant and dominate the food conversation.

And there's always the irreducible part of the population who woukd rather believe in magic.

It further fixes itself when people think for themselves. And that's never been easier. My illness was a major motivator and it is still not easy to learn how to stay away from tasty convenience food.

Now, it's easy. But no one believes me!
  #21   ^
Old Tue, May-16-23, 20:08

BF:

It seems the "ounce of prevention" adage is passe with way too many people.

I'm glad we have cures that were miracles not too many years ago, but I'd rather avoid the problem if possible than use the cure.

Chocolate Frosted Sugar Bombs * may taste great, but it's slow poison
(* thanks to Calvin and Hobbes comics)

And sadly, the government agencies that are supposed to regulate corporate food (and others) and advise us on how to stay healthy have been infiltrated by the very corporations they were designed to regulate. Their recommendations have become nothing but another advertisement for "big food" products.

Low fat, high carb diets have made us more obese and unhealthy. Yet they continue to recommend them.

Oh well, I can't be my brothers' keeper, so I'll just have to take care of myself and my dear wife.