Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > PCOS
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Oct-28-07, 12:46
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 200/180/140 Female 5foot 3 inches
BF:
Progress: 33%
Default Does anyone have this problem too?

I have PCOS. But for the last few months I have spotted regulary on the same days of my cycle. On or about days 12-14. My cycles range from 30 days to 40 days. So I know that I am not ovulating regularly. I was just wondering if anyone else spots with this diesease. And sometimes I have some cramping around the time when I should be ovulating.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Oct-28-07, 18:47
Registered Member

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 217/167/165 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 96%

I do too! Sometimes my body goes through the process, mood swings, cramps and general crappy feeling. My DR suggested I take Prometrium to bring on my period if I haven't had it in 2-3 mo.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Nov-02-07, 12:39
On my way to 200's

Plan: high protein low carb
Stats: 372.6/358/250 Female 5'5
BF:I've got that!
Progress: 12%

I havent had AF in 2 years, I honestly don't miss it. I have been off Met for this time too. I go to my endo on the 12, most likely I will be on Met again and AF will be back.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Nov-07-07, 10:41

Plan: Atkins/BFL
Stats: 190/147/145 Female 61 inches
BF:39/??/20
Question Chills and extreme sweating

This is unrelated to the original question but...I have fibroids and ovarian cysts. Although I got periods on a regular basis they were very painful and extremely heavy. I started depo provera early last month because my doctor thought it was a good idea for me. I have been getting chills and night sweats (to the point where my sheets and pillow is wet). Last night I started a period (41 days since my last "real period," although I have been spotting everyday in between). I had a hard time staying warm last night and when I finally did get comfortable I started to feel like I was on fire. I pretty much alternated between chills and hot flashes all night and then I kept sweating. I am not sure what this is related to but has anyone experienced this?? Also, I notice that I sweat a lot when I'm working out, more than any other woman at the gym. It just occurred to me that this might be related to pcos. Any experiences with that??
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Nov-07-07, 20:09
Registered Member

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 217/167/165 Female 68 inches
BF:

I have had the chills and night sweats in the past. Back before the doctors knew the name PCOS, they classified my symptoms as pre-menopausal. Now I have to laugh because I was only 19 at the time. No laughing matter back then. Sometimes my symptoms are worse during AF and even if I don't have AF for a month I'd still get the chills/sweats around the correct time. Very weird! I haven't noticed the chills/sweats in a few years.