Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Canada
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Oct-10-08, 09:04

Plan: LCHF
Stats: 262.2/247.2/204 Female 5ft 1/2 inch
BF:
Progress: 26%
Default Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving to all my Canadian Friends! Have a great one!

Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Oct-10-08, 15:01

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 156/146.8/139 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 54%

Happy Thankgiving to all my Canadian friends too. Enjoy all the LC turkey you want!

Julie
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Oct-11-08, 16:52

Plan: Semi LC
Stats: 188/175/169 Female 67.5 in.
BF:
Progress: 68%

Happy Turkey Day to all Canadians on this board. You are such a valuable part of the LC forum experience. Be good, eh!
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Oct-11-08, 17:45

Plan: Atkins maintenance
Stats: 170/120/130 Female 65 inches & shrinking
BF:
Progress: 125%

And Happy Thanksgiving from me too, temporarily in the Edmonton area, then Calgary, then home to Victoria. With all the recipes in the recipe section, you can even make a low-carb bread to add to some sausage meat for a nearly traditional stuffing! (not a proper turkey dinner without a good stuffing!) And if you're far enough along the ladder, make some sugar-free cranberry sauce too - Karen B has a good recipe in her recipe section ... heck, she's got the whole dinner planned out for low-carbers!!

Wish I were at home to make myself a good, low-carb version of a traditional dinner but I'll try to behave, within reason, while eating out.
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Oct-12-08, 13:51

BF:

I get to have three turkey dinners without cooking ANY of them!

Two sets of people I am eating with understand and respect my WOL and the third, my SO and his family, clearly don't get it or want to get it but understand the less potatoes and stuffing I eat, the more for them.

I think the SO is getting a little closer to at least understanding the "why" of my WOL because his DD was just diagnosed with serious food allergies including wheat and dairy......

Enjoy lots of healthy LC turkey and let the unenlightened eat the rest of the carbage!!!!

Julie
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Oct-12-08, 22:24

Plan: LC w/o "counting" carbs.
Stats: 320/259/185 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 45%

THANKS!
I just got back from my sister's place and I'm full as a tick!
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Oct-12-08, 22:43

Stats: 232.6/207/180 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 49%

Happy Thanksgiving everyone..
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Oct-13-08, 11:00

Plan: LCHF
Stats: 262.2/247.2/204 Female 5ft 1/2 inch
BF:
Progress: 26%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousesmom
I get to have three turkey dinners without cooking ANY of them!
you lucky little cuss! lol I need to figure out how to do that!
I myself am very thankful this year. Every pound gone, every day I'm at the gym--I feel healthier and stronger. Hope you all had a great thanksgiving!
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Oct-13-08, 12:32

BF:

Yup, lucky me! :~)

The trick is to make everyone think I can't cook - then they feel sorry for me......

Julie
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Oct-13-08, 13:23
Registered Member

Stats: 283/265/150 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 14%

Hope everyone has a fantastic Thanksgiving!!!!

I had a wonderful Turkey dinner last night at my Grandma's. My Aunt cooked everything up and my cousin and his gf came over from the mainland. It was so awesome because a few days before she called me up to find out what I could eat - I found that SO thoughtful, and she asked me if I would bring a dessert that I'm allowed to have so I made a cheesecake and everybody raved about it!

When I arrived, I realized I should have stopped to pick up something to drink as everybody else was drinking wine/beer. I was going to head to the store down the road and pick up some caffeine free diet Pepsi, but my cousin said he'd run and get it for me, to just sit and relax. It was so sweet of him!

My Aunt's best friend lost 50 pounds doing LC about 15 years ago, and kept it off, so she was so supportive, as was everyone else. I never felt I was 'missing' anything - I had wondered how I would deal with the holidays but it was surprisingly easy!!! I had an extra-large bowl of salad, lots of turkey, veggies, and didn't even bat an eye when passing by the mashed potatoes, stuffing, candied yams, peas and carrots, etc. It was a lovely evening.
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Oct-13-08, 16:02

Plan: Atkins maintenance
Stats: 170/120/130 Female 65 inches & shrinking
BF:
Progress: 125%

Neecy - glad to hear you had a good dinner. My daughter and her hubby live in Nanaimo but they had gone to Duncan to visit his brother for dinner yesterday. Of course, they got caught up in the south-Island power outage but luckily it came back on in time to finish cooking so they did get dinner!

We had turkey dinner (unfortunately no dark meat!) last night at a hotel in Edmonton - I didn't have any trouble passing up the mashed potatoes, but I wasn't as strong when it came to the stuffing. No cranberry sauce, but a not bad cranberry salsa, and slightly undercooked cubed squash of some kind. Being at the maintenance level, I don't worry too much about occasional over-carbing but I usually try to behave even while we're away.

Julie, we're on to your tricks! We know now that you know what that big box that heats up in your kitchen is for and that you DO SO know how to use it!
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Oct-13-08, 17:03

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by glendarc

Julie, we're on to your tricks! We know now that you know what that big box that heats up in your kitchen is for and that you DO SO know how to use it!

Did I ever SAY I didn't know how to cook or did I just let you all THINK that.....

The truth is I can cook things that I like just for me but I don't like to cook for others. I hate entertaining and never invite people to my house if I can avoid it (my little house is my castle).

Tonight I am going to ex-DH's with DD for dinner and I am taking the salad. He likes to cook for others.... go figure.

Julie