Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Bread & Baked Goods
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Dec-11-08, 23:09

Plan: God's Will Be Done
Stats: 306/189/162 Female 5'7
BF:Morris Chestnut
Progress: 81%
Default Gail's Awesome Cinnabun Muffins

Man...Oh man...are these delishious. These started up being a spinoff of the "Simple Baking Powder Biscuits" listed here in the forum.

So of course, I had to add my own touch to things.

I just whipped these up tonight and ended up having to make a second batch 'cause the kids ate 'em up. There only 2.5 carbs each and the recipe below makes 12.

Oh my goodness, these are just too good!

Hopefully they leave me a few since theses are suppose to be for my breakfast.

˝ cupDixie Bakequick Mix
˝ cup Almond Flour
1/3 cup Flaxmeal
1 Pack Active Dry Yeast
1 tsp of Baking Powder
1 tsp of Cinnamon Powder
1 tsp of Pumkin Pie Spice
1 tbsp of LC Sugar Twin Brown Sugar
1 stick of cold unsalted butter
4 Egg Whites
1/3 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
˝ tsp cream of tartar
1/3 cup Cold Water
Dash of salt

Optional topping: Soften Cream Cheese to place on top of oven warm muffins (these muffins are great warm or cold).

Mix dry ingredients, put in stick of butter and mix/pound all until butter is absorbed by dry mixture (should all be lumpy takes about 5 minutes to beat all together) then place in fridge for ˝ hour to get really cold.
In the meantime, beat egg whites with cream of tartar and slowly add the heavy cream to it.

Pour this into cold batter once removed from fridge, slowly add in cold water to a pretty much smooth consistency.
Spray muffin pan with non-stick spray and put in 2 tbsp into each.

Preheat oven to 350

Bake for only 15 minutes.

Enjoy!

I betcha they won't be around for long.

Dive deeply into who you really are, and have the courage to explore your most treasured dreams. Keep yourself connected to those dreams, and they will play out upon the stage of your life. ~Ralph Marston

Live life abundantly and enjoy yourself in your “Journey To Wellness” because it is by the grace of God that we are able to do so. ~Gail~

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will grant you the desires of you heart ~Psalms 37:4

Last edited by 2007 : Fri, Dec-12-08 at 10:20. Reason: cup
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Dec-12-08, 09:55

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 214/176/135 Female 5ft.7"
BF:
Progress: 48%

Sounds very good. I have trouble getting Brown Sugar Twin by me -- do you think regular xylitol would work?
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Dec-12-08, 10:17

I'm sure xylitol would work just fine.

Dive deeply into who you really are, and have the courage to explore your most treasured dreams. Keep yourself connected to those dreams, and they will play out upon the stage of your life. ~Ralph Marston

Live life abundantly and enjoy yourself in your “Journey To Wellness” because it is by the grace of God that we are able to do so. ~Gail~

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will grant you the desires of you heart ~Psalms 37:4
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Dec-13-08, 22:55

Plan: Intermittent Fasting, LC
Stats: 242/215/130 Female 5'7.5"
BF:too/dang/much
Progress: 24%

Um, is that bakequick mix low carb? 12 carbs a serving is what the one I found said.

ETA:http://www.dixiediner.com/gluten-fr...ml?recipe_id=55
click on nutrition

Last edited by 2bthinner! : Sat, Dec-13-08 at 23:01.
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Dec-14-08, 00:37

Apparently you found the wrong one dear. Go to this link at netrition.com to checkout for yourself.

It's only 2 net carbs.

http://www.netrition.com/dixie_bakesquick_mix.html

This is the correct one (Dixie Diner Carb Counters Bakesquick Mix):

Nutrition Facts
Serving size 1 biscuit (10g)
Servings per container 20 (2 inner packs - 10 servings each)
Calories 21
Calories from Fat 0
Total fat 0g
Saturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0
Cholesterol 0mg
Sodium 170mg
Total Carbs 5g
Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugars 0g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Protein 2g

Ingredients: Soy protein, cereal fiber, high protein flour, soy lecithin, egg white powder, baking powder (calcium acid phosphate, bicarbonate of aoda, corn starch), sea salt, low glycemic monosaccharide, low glycemic fruit concentrate.

Last edited by 2007 : Sun, Dec-14-08 at 01:04.
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Dec-14-08, 08:08

Plan: Intermittent Fasting, LC
Stats: 242/215/130 Female 5'7.5"
BF:too/dang/much
Progress: 24%

So I did. But, hey, at least I didn't order the wrong one! Which is why I was double checking with you.
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Dec-14-08, 12:04

Actually 2bthinner it is a good thing you asked so that no one else gets confused and orders the incorrect product either.

So it's all good. I'm glad you didn't order the wrong one too.

Dixie has a lot of great products and so far the ones I have tried have not affected my blood sugar/weight negatively nor do they have any kind of funny aftertaste like carbquick, but to each his own.

Happy Baking!

#8   ^
Old Fri, Dec-19-08, 10:30

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 175/170/150 Female 5' 5''
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2007
Man...Oh man...are these delishious. These started up being a spinoff of the "Simple Baking Powder Biscuits" listed here in the forum.

So of course, I had to add my own touch to things.

I just whipped these up tonight and ended up having to make a second batch 'cause the kids ate 'em up. There only 2.5 carbs each and the recipe below makes 12.

Oh my goodness, these are just too good!

Hopefully they leave me a few since theses are suppose to be for my breakfast.

˝ cupDixie Bakequick Mix
˝ cup Almond Flour
1/3 cup Flaxmeal
1 Pack Active Dry Yeast
1 tsp of Baking Powder
1 tsp of Cinnamon Powder
1 tsp of Pumkin Pie Spice
1 tbsp of LC Sugar Twin Brown Sugar
1 stick of cold unsalted butter
4 Egg Whites
1/3 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
˝ tsp cream of tartar
1/3 cup Cold Water
Dash of salt

Optional topping: Soften Cream Cheese to place on top of oven warm muffins (these muffins are great warm or cold).

Mix dry ingredients, put in stick of butter and mix/pound all until butter is absorbed by dry mixture (should all be lumpy takes about 5 minutes to beat all together) then place in fridge for ˝ hour to get really cold.
In the meantime, beat egg whites with cream of tartar and slowly add the heavy cream to it.

Pour this into cold batter once removed from fridge, slowly add in cold water to a pretty much smooth consistency.
Spray muffin pan with non-stick spray and put in 2 tbsp into each.

Preheat oven to 350

Bake for only 15 minutes.

Enjoy!

I betcha they won't be around for long.

yummm this looks great! I'm always looking for breakfast ideas! The ingredients look a little difficult to get, but I'll put them on my list and be sure to try this out!
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Jan-21-09, 12:53

Plan: atkins
Stats: 235/187/158 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress:

this sounds pretty good. sue