Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Sun, Sep-24-17, 08:43

Plan: Keto/Carnivore/Fasting
Stats: 190/143/144 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 102%

Good morning Gang of Warriors...

I haven't been feeling well this week, but am finally starting to feel better. Haven't eaten much this week, that's always a bonus!

Karen, if you're thinking of a new car Honda and Subaru are great. We love both of ours! We have a Honda Pilot and a Subaru Legacy and they have both been great vehicles.

Jo I see you are busy with school and being creative! WTG!

Bernie...fun with cousins, that's so awesome!

Take care all...

Last edited by DelaneyLC : Sun, Sep-24-17 at 10:44.
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Sun, Sep-24-17, 14:31

Plan: Low carb/Keto
Stats: 335/334/200 Male 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 1%

Hi Just Jo I was reading your past post was this your meal pln when you first started?
  #63   ^
Old Mon, Sep-25-17, 04:55
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Plan: A'72 Induction Lifer + IF
Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%
Smile Monday, 25 September 2017

Happy Last Week of September, WARRIORS!

Wishing each of you a totally marvelous Monday in every single way possible!

Stay WARRIOR Strong!

Wow 3 months until Christmas, Holy Hannah!!!!

My Weekly Maintenance Update: 3 years, 7 months, 1 week and counting...

Wt = 114 lbs!

How to become successful at this LC WOE? Surround yourself with people who are successfully following the LC WOE you are doing! That's why we have this thread!

It doesn’t pay to surround yourself with people that enable your poor eating behaviors by constantly telling you, “it’s okay, just wipe yourself off and move on” each and every time you eat off plan.

The only reason why I think they do that is because they too have fallen time and time again and allowed their “fat carb creatures” to rule their world and ruin their chance, at least for that day, to eat successfully on plan. Because I’ve been there and done that myself. I have fallen off the LC WOE wagon too many times to count, wiped myself off and continued 100s upon 100s of times (decades worth of yo-yo dieting)!

Yeah, I have been there too where I tell peeps to wipe themselves off and move on. Honestly that’s not what I want to say, but to say what I really mean to say could easily get me banned from these threads because my post would be considered “un-supportive and not encouraging”.

It’s really really hard to watch people self-destruct in front of your very eyes without wanting to say something! I don’t dare say anything that would be “unsupportive and not encouraging” so I say nothing at all. I get that this is a support group and I LOVE being here and hanging out with people who truly understand where I’m coming from.

There are so many experienced, supportive and very knowledgeable people on this site who have been very successful at not only losing the weight but keeping it off too, some for decades. I love to read their journals and posts!

We are never QUITTERS when it comes to “trying” to lose the weight because we all want to be LOSERS and graduate to Maintainers (our ultimate goal)!

I’m not saying it’s EASY. Nothing in life worth having is EVER easy. But to surround oneself with people that booster ones’ ego because it’s the polite and the nice thing to do isn’t healthy and no good can ever come from enablers.

Especially since they are in reality continually giving you permission to continue your poor eating behavior (not on purpose) without helping you figure out why you’ve fallen off the wagon in the first place. That would be more supportive and more helpful in my way of thinking.

Seriously, it’s okay if you’ve fallen off the LC WOE wagon! But one day you have got to come to grips with whatever it is that makes you succumb to your “fat carb creature” or you will always be “trying” to lose the weight instead of “actually” losing the weight to keep it off.

Ramblin' over...

Had a great Sunday! Accomplished all my pesky w/e chores early so that I got a chance to design and start knitting a baby sweater. It's probably close to 1/3 finished. Like I said, they knit up very fast!

Today is our last Parent Teacher Conference for the Fall. We do another round in the Spring. Usually for those bobble heads that are still not being successful even with every extra opportunity we provide... Sometimes we WORK harder than that student... KWIM??? Anyhoo...

My journey to better HEALTH continues...

Carb-Free Food for Thought:

Accountability breeds RESPONSE-ability!
~ Stephen Covey

This is the quote I use on my PPW Posts b/c I truly believe that being accountable makes me more responsible and successful!

Onward and DOWNWARD, WARRIORS! We've GOT THIS! Woot! Woot!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Karen:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirrlly
Jo, the little sweater and hat is SO cute LOL I bet you have fun making those knowing the little ones are gonna be warm in them...sweet!
Thanks! They are really a blast to make!
Quote:
We paid cash for it. We paid cash on this one cause I decided to save for it a long time and I don't want a darn monthly payment at all. We haven't had car payments in many many years and I didn't want one now LOL
Nice! I don't do car payments either...I save $$$ for the car then get zero % finance interest and keep my $$$ in the bank!
Quote:
3500 Ram Dodge Mega Cab with 6.7 Diesel in Maximum Steel color. Thing is a brute lol but rides so darn nice, like a friggin' luxury car. Has it all, backup cameras, navigation in it, and every other bell and whistle so at this point his is technology updated in his car. HA
I googled it! WOW that is a nice truck and a nice color!
Quote:
I can't believe 240 for the keys either. They have to reprogram the entire thing or something and it 'doesn't take long' but ya pay for it!! UGH
Yeppers! No free lunches for sure!
Quote:
I have a 2006 Mitsubishi Endeaver SUV with 107K miles and now I am looking at a Nissan Pathfinder. He keeps saying at 107 I should think now about getting a new one and I want to just keep the old but lately it is making 'a noise' and he is saying if we trade now we will get at least 3-4K for it....yea nothing, I checked but if it has to have work done (and he is worried big work is coming?), that is money into it and then it still won't be worth more....blah blah blah and he is pushing me into a new vehicle situation. We shall see tho. I will start to look around and if the 'big deal' is out there I might do it.
I can see both sides of the conversation... it's not easy to decide what to do... hope you find a "big deal" so that you can get a new vehicle if that's what you want! Hey they are moving the 2017s to bring in the 2018s... so you might just get that "big deal"!!!

De:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelaneyLC
I haven't been feeling well this week, but am finally starting to feel better. Haven't eaten much this week, that's always a bonus!
Imma so glad you posted, girlie!

Wow sorry to hear that you've been under the weather too! Glad to know you're feeling better!

at bonus at not eating much b/c of illness!
Quote:
Jo I see you are busy with school and being creative! WTG!
Yeppers, always busy doing something, drives me crazy otherwise!

bigjoe:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjoe42
Hi Just Jo I was reading your past post was this your meal pln when you first started?
Hiya Joe!

Same as it is now... I strictly follow A '72 Induction and only eat one time a day.

I eat 5 grams of carbs and around 1000 kcals daily. Dr. A said this in A '72 Diet Revolution | page 263 and this time around I took it to heart. I know that's why I've been über successful:
Quote:
The best decision is probably to stay pretty much on the very low carbohydrate diet on which you lost; only now you can feel free to deviate in small ways.
But I've never deviated b/c I like the results I have, love the wonderful "real foods" I get to eat. And food doesn't have the "entertainment" value it used to have when I was "Fat Jo".

Wishing you much success on your personal journey to better HEALTH, joe!

Last edited by Just Jo : Mon, Sep-25-17 at 04:58. Reason: Option F: Fixin' Flippin' typos ~ as usual! Pfffffffffft!
  #64   ^
Old Mon, Sep-25-17, 05:24

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

De sorry you didn't feel great. Glad you are improving.
Hey the Pilot is sweet, will be checking into it. No car for me, I am an SUV lover here.

Hope you are great Bernie!!
  #65   ^
Old Mon, Sep-25-17, 05:30

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Jo

Yeah, I have been there too where I tell peeps to wipe themselves off and move on. Honestly that’s not what I want to say, but to say what I really mean to say could easily get me banned from these threads because my post would be considered “un-supportive and not encouraging”.

It’s really really hard to watch people self-destruct in front of your very eyes without wanting to say something! I don’t dare say anything that would be “unsupportive and not encouraging” so I say nothing at all. I get that this is a support group and I LOVE being here and hanging out with people who truly understand where I’m coming from.

There are so many experienced, supportive and very knowledgeable people on this site who have been very successful at not only losing the weight but keeping it off too, some for decades. I love to read their journals and posts!

We are never QUITTERS when it comes to “trying” to lose the weight because we all want to be LOSERS and graduate to Maintainers (our ultimate goal)!

I’m not saying it’s EASY. Nothing in life worth having is EVER easy. But to surround oneself with people that booster ones’ ego because it’s the polite and the nice thing to do isn’t healthy and no good can ever come from enablers.

Especially since they are in reality continually giving you permission to continue your poor eating behavior (not on purpose) without helping you figure out why you’ve fallen off the wagon in the first place. That would be more supportive and more helpful in my way of thinking.

Seriously, it’s okay if you’ve fallen off the LC WOE wagon! But one day you have got to come to grips with whatever it is that makes you succumb to your “fat carb creature” or you will always be “trying” to lose the weight instead of “actually” losing the weight to keep it off.

Ramblin' over...

I SO HEAR YOU ON THIS SORE SUBJECT!!!!!!

If you say the truth and not 'sugary fluff coat it' you are being argumentative and not supportive and good chance your butt will get banned!

That is why I stopped reading journals or any other threads on low carb sites. Done deal. I can't stand it anymore....and while I was one of those who never quit at trying, I never was told the truth of what it takes to make it truly in this big change. Sure some can change to lc and do fine and wonderful but so many flounder as I did! Never getting it right. Never finding that truth to what it will take to make it work and be free from food addiction.

I just do the Warrior thread and my other friend's thread.......but to fly around this entire site and read and not be able to post the truth, nope ain't doing it anymore!

I say all the time thank heavens for this thread cause we tell it like it is! Something that is invaluable to me

just my rant on it all HA
  #66   ^
Old Mon, Sep-25-17, 13:45

Plan: Atkins 72 induction
Stats: 225/125/125 Female 5"8
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hello warriors,

How are you doing today?

It 95 today suppose to last till Wednesday when hurricane Maria moves out and then a cold front comes in.
Today was grandkiddies day at school! I had so much fun!
Jo and Karen... Yep I with you gals don't go to any journals or threads. I don't want to hear the excuses for carbs. I know I have done them all in the past from money to every excuse imaginable! Don't do it anymore and figure as long as you are luring to self you will never get off the carb merry go round!
De... Feel better! I hope all is well!
Have a marvelous Monday and take care of yourself!
  #67   ^
Old Tue, Sep-26-17, 04:28
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Default Tuesday, 26 September 2017

Happy Tuesday, WARRIORS!

Hope all is well and wishing each of you a totally kick Azz, BAD Azz 100% OP day as usual!

Stay WARRIOR Strong!

The proactive approach to a mistake is to acknowledge it instantly, CORRECT and LEARN from it.
~ Stephen Covey

Karen:
Quote:
I SO HEAR YOU ON THIS SORE SUBJECT!!!!!!

If you say the truth and not 'sugary fluff coat it' you are being argumentative and not supportive and good chance your butt will get banned!
Yeppers!
Quote:
That is why I stopped reading journals or any other threads on low carb sites. Done deal.
I still read 'em, I just don't respond. More often then not, I wanna shake the person and say: We totally CONTROL what we eat... no one has a gun to our heads... in order to be successful, STOP the cycle of On Plan than OFF Plan eating b/c it's like being in a hamster wheel. Always gaining/losing the same lbs over and over again. B/c I've been there and done that TOO!
Quote:
I can't stand it anymore....and while I was one of those who never quit at trying, I never was told the truth of what it takes to make it truly in this big change. Sure some can change to lc and do fine and wonderful but so many flounder as I did! Never getting it right. Never finding that truth to what it will take to make it work and be free from food addiction.
I think you finally figure it out, girlie!

I also think too, that peeps gotta realize what works for ONE person might NOT necessarily work for them....

Another thing I've noticed is that peeps are so easily discouraged if they don't see consistent weight loss. Which always brings me back to what CMCM (Carole) has on her siggy line:

Time (patience) + Consistency (OP 100%) = SUCCESS

Which truly is the mathematical formula for Success, IMHO!
Quote:
I just do the Warrior thread and my other friend's thread.......but to fly around this entire site and read and not be able to post the truth, nope ain't doing it anymore!
I just read, I don't post...
Quote:
I say all the time thank heavens for this thread cause we tell it like it is! Something that is invaluable to me
I our thread too b/c we all believe in the same thing = No Cheats EVER!

Berni:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie2014
It 95 today suppose to last till Wednesday when hurricane Maria moves out and then a cold front comes in.
We're gonna be in the high 70s this week! I hope that's true! Imma so READY for cooler/Fall temps!
Quote:
Today was grandkiddies day at school! I had so much fun!
Nice that you spend the day with your grands at school! I know they will remember that all their lives!
Quote:
Jo and Karen... Yep I with you gals don't go to any journals or threads. I don't want to hear the excuses for carbs. I know I have done them all in the past from money to every excuse imaginable! Don't do it anymore and figure as long as you are luring to self you will never get off the carb merry go round!
I go snoop and read journals, I ain't gonna lie, but I don't post in many at all...
  #68   ^
Old Tue, Sep-26-17, 05:53

BF:

oh too funny JO, you snoop journals
I used to do that but like you I wanted to shake way too many people HAHA so I just stopped doing it for my own sanity!

I believe point blank IF YOU STAY ON PLAN you will succeed. The on and off the change to LC is a deadly vicious wheel, and oh yea, we all been there!! No more for this old gal!

Bernie, so true, the excuses were mind numbing weren't they? Once we learned there is no excuse and truly believed it and understand it, you have no options but to go forward in fine fashion. If ya listen to yourself truthfully LOL Many won't, I never did but one day ya flip and learn and see the whole truth of it all.

HI GUYS
busy busy day
all this truck shopping and my car dying and shop for kiddo and more has put me behind in many areas. Just my barn/yard weed whacking is gonna be a friggin' nightmare. Boy ya delay a bit and wham!
Weather is wonky a bit, cloudy and threatening and not wonderful but not bad. Heck Bernie is hotter than we are down here
Gonna get off and get things moving here fast this morning.
great day all
  #69   ^
Old Tue, Sep-26-17, 19:23

BF:

bigjoe: Hiya Joe!

Same as it is now... I strictly follow A '72 Induction and only eat one time a day.

I eat 5 grams of carbs and around 1000 kcals daily. Dr. A said this in A '72 Diet Revolution | page 263 and this time around I took it to heart. I know that's why I've been über successful:But I've never deviated b/c I like the results I have, love the wonderful "real foods" I get to eat. And food doesn't have the "entertainment" value it used to have when I was "Fat Jo".

Wishing you much success on your personal journey to better HEALTH, joe! [/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info!
  #70   ^
Old Wed, Sep-27-17, 05:13
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Default Wednesday, 27 September 2017

Happy HUMP Day, WARRIORS!

Wishing each of you a totally wondrous Wednesday in every single way possible!

Stay WARRIOR Strong!

Goodness, already Wednesday... yesterday felt like a Monday since we didn't have kiddos on Monday... the week is nearly done and all I can say is "Holy Hannah, time's a flyin' by too fast!"

“Learn from Yesterday, Live for Today & Hope for Tomorrow.”
~ Albert Einstein

Karen:
Quote:
oh too funny JO, you snoop journals
Imma not alone in the snooping journals dept!
Quote:
I used to do that but like you I wanted to shake way too many people HAHA so I just stopped doing it for my own sanity!
I hear ya!
Quote:
I believe point blank IF YOU STAY ON PLAN you will succeed. The on and off the change to LC is a deadly vicious wheel, and oh yea, we all been there!! No more for this old gal!
Exactly!

I truly wish success to all those that are trying everyday to do this... this ain't easy but gosh, it's so worth the hard work and efforts we put into it. Not only do we lose the weight but goodness, look at how much we've improved our health!
Quote:
busy busy day
all this truck shopping and my car dying and shop for kiddo and more has put me behind in many areas. Just my barn/yard weed whacking is gonna be a friggin' nightmare. Boy ya delay a bit and wham!
Weather is wonky a bit, cloudy and threatening and not wonderful but not bad. Heck Bernie is hotter than we are down here
Gonna get off and get things moving here fast this morning.
great day all
Hope you got everything done you wanted/needed to get done!

bigjoe:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjoe42
Thanks for the info!
Anytime, Joe!

Berni & De: Hope you two are doing well!
  #71   ^
Old Wed, Sep-27-17, 06:23

BF:

Goodmorning: Day 3 restart.. doing OK!....
  #72   ^
Old Wed, Sep-27-17, 07:28

BF:

Joe, if you are a bigger guy then do not rely on one meal per day. You might end up way too hungry, if I was a bigger guy then I would eat 2 good meals per day.....100% A72 induction foods only, do not eat off the A72 list at all....but this way you can hold your own and not starve with one meal. Bigger you are unless that one meal is huge for you, you really need more food in ya than little old petite JO who is just a small person in stature.

just a suggestion for ya !! Hold strong!! You got this!
  #73   ^
Old Wed, Sep-27-17, 07:30

BF:

HI GUYS
hubby off today and talked him into weed whacking and he is out there doing just that HAHA
I have inside things first to handle

off later to close on the property with the lawyer....omg I want that big check in my hot little hand NOW!!! 2 yrs and the 30 acres finally sold so that is off our backs now. When ya stop the farming the land is like a noose around your neck then....so no farming, don't need this extra 30 acres so off it goes to someone else!

check in later, everyone have a great day
  #74   ^
Old Wed, Sep-27-17, 12:19

Plan: Atkins 72 induction
Stats: 225/125/125 Female 5"8
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hello dear warriors,

How is everyone doing today?

Karen.... congrats on getting the proceeds from the 30 acres. Does that go into the retirement fund or using it to pay off liabilities? Either way it is so liberating!

Hello jo... happy to say a nice no event full week. Got my protein leafy greens and another bottle of those jalapeños! That it easy pray and I am all done. Easier now that Makayla older I can just take her with on errands!
De... hope you are doing well!
Big Joe.... Glad you stopped in. Sounds like you are doing well back on A72 ! Stick with it soon you will be free from carb cravings and losing weight and inches!
Have a wonderful Wednesday warriors and take care of yourself!
  #75   ^
Old Thu, Sep-28-17, 05:18

BF:

ahhh Bernie, taking the grandbaby all around with ya shopping. lucky you LOL but yea it is good when they are older and can go along with you faster and easier.

We paid off a few small things that were annoying but have no big liabilities at all so all this money is going into money account to earn more money but we decided we are pulling out some yearly to have good times and change our lifestyle. Luckily all retirement funds and more accts are working well for us to set us up in a very good way for retirement, and as you can't truly plan or count on your future we know we are heading into it in good fashion so far.

DE....hope all your retirement plans are working out well for you guys....walking toward it!

HI JO!!!

So today is a fast one.
You know when too darn much is going on around you and it is all too busy/crazy in the mind and you can't get your bearings, we are kinda there right now. MIL sick...truck hunting, praying for that land to sell, house and barns need darn work, maintenance stuff, even keeping up with the mowing etc is dragging us down and then the everyday life stuff on top of you...like minds going in too many directions.....honestly I need to decompress somehow. Older I get the less stuff I want on me at one time. I could do that 100 tasks at once before, now I am lucky if I can handle 5 things going down at once LOL holy cow ya know HA

hubby taking MIL for some procedure this morning. He didn't say and I didn't ask. Not bad tho I know that cause he is not concerned.

I am taking kiddo to dentist for cleaning. I gave her off school, eh, why not. darn appt is at 10.....no use going to school and no use going back cause dentist is like 45 mins. drive away so easier to just call it a day off Will stop at store on way home, she needs some school stuff...again! omg

playing catchup at home. no one has taken that wood from that tree we dropped so I am going to move all that wood into the back pasture fence line later today. Hey, we offered, everyone wanted it, no one came for it so the hell with it....off to rot in the back woods it goes Since kiddo is off she is gonna help move this wood with me...muuuhahaha...she doesn't know yet but will be good for her to do some work around here

fine day all