Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jan-02-03, 09:32
OSU Cowboy Fan

Plan: Lapband/low carb
Stats: 248/169/145 Female 5'6"
BF:42/29/25
Progress: 77%
Default Bikini Countdown II - 2003

For those of you who belonged to the original Bikini Countdown, or For all those who have that desire, fantasy, or whatever you may call it, to wear that ever so sexy bikini - this thread is for you!!!!

Since as far back as I can remember, I have always dreamed of wearing that string bikini, walking on the beach, and knowing that "Damn, I look good!"

Hopefully this thread will give us the support, the motivation, some ideas and just some girl talk about wearing that bikini the summer of 2003.

I'm looking forward to meeting the members of Bikini Countdown II - 2003.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jan-02-03, 15:20

Plan: atkins
Stats: 179.6/179.6/144 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Talking Well, it's snowing outside and cold, but

the heart is willing, what better time to plan for the summer, than when the weather outside is keeping me inside.
Exercise, I know please forgive me (I have the hardest time starting an exercise plan), I am thinking of starting up again, I feel so much better when I do atleast some stretching.
I have been doing some extreme organizing around the house and I guess that I should get myself a little more organized too. The key to this way of eating is definitely organizing your meals when you jump back on to the wagon. The wagon ran over me a couple of times this summer, not a good thing.
It's great to see you guys again.
So is there anyone else out there with the desire to wear a "little something" this summer, whether it be a bikini, a dress or just some pretty lingerie??? Come jion us, the more the merrier.
Jo-Ann
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jan-02-03, 16:02
OSU Cowboy Fan

Talking

Jo-Ann,

I know what you mean about getting the get up and go when it comes to exercising. I used to be sooooo good at it, but have slipped misserably for about a year now. I am however, very excited about getting started again. I am picking up a weight bench from a friend of mine (she is giving it to me) on Friday after work and starting a major exercise campaign 1/6/03. I am going to do a "modified" BFL challenge.

I am not good about getting up in the mornings to exercise, so I will be exercising during the afternoon and in the evenings. But, I am going to try and get up in the mornings, but if I don't make it, I'll still do my afternoon workouts.

I plan on weighing in on Monday, and measuring. My stats right now at 207.5 are low I know. I have put on some weight because my clothes are tight and I just feel like a slug these days. But I'll come forth with my honest numbers on Monday.

I've got a lot to look forward to this year, my DH and I will be celebrating our 15 year anniversary on a cruise in December 2003. So I have about a year to get this flab into muscle and turn my one piece grandma suit (yes, it has a skirt just like Grandma used to wear) into a sleek black bikini!

I'm so glad to have my bikini babes back in action again. You guys rock!!

Talk to you later,
Tonya
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jan-02-03, 16:45

Plan: LC food combining w/BFL
Stats: 210/178.5/145
BF:
Progress: 48%
Default Hello there future bikini babes!!!

Hey there! I am so glad you re-started this thread.

I also am determined to get my a$$ in gear and make my goals this year (hey, that rhymes ). I would really like to see my goal weight by 7/22 as that is my b-day, but ultimately HAVE to see goal by 11/15 as that is our next sailing vacation. I have dreams of actually fitting into vicki secret bathing suits (as well as the rest of the catalogue!) I for one am glad to see the holidays go on by so I can climb back up on the wagon and stay there till goal!
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Jan-02-03, 18:43

Plan: Atkins --> South Beach
Stats: 219/214.5/165 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 8%

Yay - a new thread! Thanks, Sunshine

Maybe we should re-introduce ourselves before we get too far.

I'm the mother of two, and work full-time as an architect here in Providence, RI. I'm on my own with the kids, but they see their Dad a few times a week. Also, I'm getting married next November!

I feel great when I'm LC but I don't eat beef or chicken and have trouble with boredom. I can usually stay on the wagon food-wise, but fall short on the water consumption and exercise. This is probably why I haven't seen the results I'd hoped for, and THAT's probably why I get discouraged.

That's where you guys come in!

I am creeping back onto the wagon, and intend to be fully on when I return to work on Monday. (I took some vacation days this week while my two kids were on school break.)

For exercise, I just started "The Firm Volume 6 Complete Aerobic Weight Training." I've only done it twice so far, and I'm not sure there's actually enough actual weight training in it, but I'll stick with it for the 10 workouts they say it takes to see some results. SOME weight training is better than NO weight training, which is what I was down to in the last few months. I just find it very time consuming, and the only time I have to exercise is first thing in the a.m. before the kids are awake.

I'd gotten engaged just as activity on the old thread was dying down, and now we have a date (11/9/2003) and I have a dress! (Informal, halter top.) It needs some alterations already, but I want it to need more .

Looking forward to more posts here ...
Rhu
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Jan-02-03, 21:51

Plan: CAD
Stats: 148/127.5/124 Female 5ft
BF:28%/25%/20
Progress: 85%
Talking I'm game

I am fairly new to the board...and have been gone while I was being rolled over by my wagon!!!!I am trying to get back on now and need some support to keep going!

I would love the Victoria Secret suit but nothing they have would cover up my wonderful stretch marks!!! I am going to wear some sort of two peice though! I haven't wore a suit and liked it since high school. (That was 3 babies and several years ago!)

I am doing well with the water..Need help with everything else!!!!!

Oh yes, I am married,( will be 16 yrs in Aug. ) Have 3 children ages 14,12,9 and work with children in an enrichment program.
I love reading and, bubble baths.
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Jan-03-03, 08:21
OSU Cowboy Fan

Yay! Tricia has joined in. Rhu, you should mozey on over to Tricia's journal and check out her wedding dress. She has the halter type too. I peaked in Tricia, and saw your wedding party pic. You looked beautiful.

Pre3teach - Welcome aboard!!!

Good idea about intorducing ourselves again Rhu - PS - I never knew you didn't eat chicken & beef. I can see where you could get board at times with your menu.

Okay, I'm 36 years old, been married 14 years and have two children, a son 12 yrs and a daughter 10 years. I joined this forum July of 2001 so this July I will be a member for two years. The problem I have is I DON'T STAY ON TRACK. Oh the desire is there, but the will slips so many times. But I think I have hit that "rock bottom" state of mind and ready to stay sober this time. Or Carb free I should say.

I know that Carbs is what puts the weight on me, I have proven that to myself more times than I would care to count.

I'm looking forward to the motivation, the ideas, the inspiration and all that from this thread so that each and everyone of us can reach our ultimate goal, whatever that may be.

Monday is D-Day for me. I start my exercise program and begin my journey to a new me!!!! Until then, I'm planning my workout routine, making my menu's out, I will be cooking all day Sunday to prepare everything for the upcoming week, and I'll have to grocery shop too.

Okay, talk to you bikini babes later.
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Jan-03-03, 08:22

BF:
Talking Re introductions, sure

Love the summer, hibernate in the winter. Married, 12 years, one child (no one warned me how much I'ld fall in love with him). Stay at home mom, by choice, there are definite finacial pit falls to this, but then, he will only be here with me once and he's worth it.
Back to why I love summer, I race competively, sailboats, that is. They come out of the water here in October and don't go back in till early May. So winter is a big slump for me exercise wise.
Tonya, Rhu so glad to see you again, so did anyone get the license plate number on that wagon?
Hi pre3teach, I can relate to the reading and the bubble baths, been known to drain the tub a bit to add more hot water and bubbles. Do you have a shorter sign on than pre3teach? It doesn't have to be a name just easier for the typing challenged like me.
Tricia, hello girl, sounds like fun, never been on a sailing vacation, where are you going.
Well off to the dishes, yuck.
Jo-Ann

Last edited by Jo-Ann 2 : Fri, Jan-03-03 at 08:25.
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Jan-03-03, 09:58
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 202.5/185/145
BF:??
Progress: 30%
Cool newbie

Hi all!!! I found the old thread today and appreciated all of you and your sense of humor. My Husband really wants to see me in a bikini that I am confident in. Soooo this looks like a great group to join. One day I will be a babe!!!

Stats on me: I have been married for 2.5 years, I work full time, no kids yet but trying. I know low carb works since I was on CAD for about 6 months. I got completely bored and couldn't kick my cravings.... I fell off the wagon till i gained 60lbs. I said enough is enough!!! And am excited about Atkins and the new recipes I am trying. i started Dec 15th 2002 and have lost 11.5lbs!!! I am commited this time and with support from these forums I know I can make it!!!
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Jan-03-03, 10:54

Plan: Atkins pre-maintenance
Stats: 206/164/145 Female 5' 8"
BF:37/?/25
Progress: 69%

Hi, girls!

Can I join this challange? Here's my intro:

New to lc, and loving it. Started 10/27/2002 and have lost 16 pounds so far. That's a miracle. Would like to reach mu goal by Christmas 2003.

I post almost all my food in my journal, and I was using FitDay religiously until I got a good grip on how things looked and how much they cost (carb cost, that is). So now I don't use FitDay so much anymore, but I do post inmy journal almost every day. I put some photos in there yesterday.

I'm 43 (44 next month), I have a partner of 4 years, two cats, no kids.

I bought two Barbizon bathing suits about 15 years ago, and I'm still wearing them. They were very expensive, very well-made--the darn things just won't wear out--and I HATE THEM NOW. They have great colors and all that, but they also have SKIRTS and I'm just SICK OF IT. (Sorry about the shouting.)

So. I would love to join this bunch o' babes if you'll have me.

Ann at Howcross Castle
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Jan-03-03, 11:14

BF:
Default Dishes done

Hi Ann and Jen. Ooooooooooooohhhhhhh, you two are going to fit right in perrrrrrrrrfffffffectly. It's so nice to have you come play in the sandbox with us. Great stat's girls, you have started to inspire me already.
I am starting up on Monday also, I have to get the groceries and the quiche made, along with get my broccoli, cauliflower and asparagus. Oh yah and butter and whipping cream. I just love this way of eating when I get my act together.
Jo-Ann
  #12   ^
Old Fri, Jan-03-03, 12:31

Plan: LC food combining w/BFL
Stats: 210/178.5/145
BF:
Progress: 48%
Cool Happy Friday to my fellow bikini babes!

Thought I would throw in my introduction: I am 33, newly married (11/15/02), no kids---work in Silicon Valley as a sales rep at a technology start-up (yes, they still do exist). I have a stressful job and over the last month instead of working out to handle my stress I have been drinking wine with dinner. I live in Northern California and REALLY like red wine. Hmmm, I wonder why I haven't lost any weight...... I have been alienating the woosh fairy! Not any more! Today is day two of induction (how many times is this?) and DH and I are committed to supporting each other on our exercise and eating.

Jo-Ann I love to sail! How exciting that you are a racer---what design do you race?? DH and I are definitely not racers; we are cruisers. Sailing for me means relaxation and enjoyment. I have crewed on some informal teams in the past and had fun--just not enough to committ to a season. It's wonderful here in the bay area because there is great sailing all year.

As for our vacation--we take one sailing trip a year to someplace warm and tropical. This year we are going to St. Vincent and the Grenadines in the Caribbean in November. We gather a group of friends from all over North America and split the cost of the bareboat. Depending on the time of year and what type of boat it's less expensive than a land-based vacation. We are big catamaran fans--they are perfect vessels for this type of trip! I have always been the heaviest person on the trip---still had a fabulous time, mind you, but I want that to change.

As God as my witness, I will be in a bikini this year!!!!! I am making a statement now. It will happen!

Have a great weekend everyone!
  #13   ^
Old Fri, Jan-03-03, 14:42
OSU Cowboy Fan

Welcome Welcome Welcome, all the new ones, Yes yes yes, please join in.

I am so inspired already too. Just reading all the determination on your post has inspired me.

Tonight I am picking up my new weight bench, so that will be staring at me everyday, so it should motivate me to get off my rear and exercise.

Okay, lets see we have

Jo-Ann
Tricia
Rhu
Pre3teach
Lukenlarry
Howcross

We have a little team now. Great!!!

Have a wonderful weekend everyone and remember "Think Bikini" and that should keep you on track.

Bye,
Tonya
  #14   ^
Old Fri, Jan-03-03, 15:00
OSU Cowboy Fan

Tricia - just had to jump in and tell you that I totally understand what you mean about the stress at work. I am a financial analyst for a Telecom company (MCI). And to make matters really stressful, my company has filed bankruptcy, laid off around 20K employees, (My DH being one of them) and indicted two of my bosses. So, heck with the glass of wine, bring me the whole bottle, and then some.

Jo-Ann - what type of quiche do you make? I love this way of eating too. For the life of me, I can't figure out why I stopped? Oh well, onward we march.

Rhu - I'm still so excited about your wedding this year, that is so kewl. November will actually come before you know it. The most exciting part is you have 11 months to really get ready for it. A lot can happen to your body in 11 months. You will be a knockout! November 9th is also my DH bday so I will be able to remember that day.

Pre-teach - Vic secret is your thing, I see. Well, I love vickies too, A secret that few people know about me, is that I have this obsession to match my bra's & underwear with my clothes. I will go all over town looking for that perfect shade of purple to match my blouse. Not sure why I do it, because no one sees it, except DH (if he's been good - oops, did I say that out loud?) Anyhow, the problem is - I've gained so much weight, the underwear they make for women my size, don't exactly come in pretty colors, its white and white only. So, i'm looking forward to being able to walking into Vics and buying my 5 pair for $20 on their usual sales they have.

Lukenlarry - my DH foams at the mouth at the thought of me being back in a bikini (actually, I don't think I've ever been in one oficially) But I have worn one just with us around - never at a public beach or pool. But that will change - I'm determined!

HowCross - Wow, you've done really good so far, 16 pounds, oh my. That is so good! I try and use fitday, but sometimes it becomes too complicated for me - time wise. But the main thing I like about it is entering my weight so when I do get discouraged and can see how far I've come. I like the reports Fitday gives you so you can compare how much weight you've lost in the past month, 6 months, or whatever. That always helps when you think your not losing.

Okay ladies, I'm off to figure some financials what an exciting job (NOT).

Bye all,
  #15   ^
Old Sun, Jan-05-03, 14:59

BF:
Talking Hello all

It's Sunday, and in Halifax that means the world junior hockey finals are tonight. Big hockey fans in our house, should I say my husband and son are, but like when the Canada women and men won there golds in 2002 we are hopeful that 2003 will be the year our juniors do too. Go Canada Go!!!
So, what else, the quiche I make 2 at a time, it has 1 lb of crumpled (cooked) bacon on the on the bottom, then a layer of aged (3 year) white cheddar, a thin layer of green onion (chives), in a bowl I take 14 eggs beaten, add 1 cup of whipping cream (not beaten) and stir just till mixed, and pour this into the two dishes. I cook at 350 for 35 minutes ( this may vary for you). This is so good, and reheats in the microwave wonderfully.
I race predominantly on J29's, only female on an otherwise all male crew (woman power!!!). I also race with all female crews on various other boats. I love to race, the starts are intense, and it is a great work out.
I decided to start back into this today instead of waiting until tomorrow to officially start. It's amazing how not fitting into anything but my stretchies is an insentive. I can't believe I've done this to myself, and I did do it to myself. I have never been this unhealthy in my life, and I am not to proud of myself. I will be 40 in March and I truely want to be alot healthier then than I am now.
So it's off to drink my water and get more organized for tomorrow, food wise, wish me luck and I hope everyone is having a good day.
Jo-Ann