Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#121   ^
Old Fri, Sep-18-09, 09:59
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 235/209/160 Female 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 35%

after a pretty significant stall (ok, well it seemed significant to me, especially when i wasn't cheating! - three and a half weeks) - after starting this I'm down just under 5 pounds in 5 days, and feeling good. Not stuffed, but not hungry, energy up and still motivated. YAY!
Sponsored Links
  #122   ^
Old Fri, Sep-18-09, 10:49

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 167/135/127 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 80%

Hello all!
I have lost another half pound, for a total of 2 and a half, after another day of meat only. I love it. But I am a little surprised, because this is basically what I was doing before and I was stalled. Could it be the fact that I have stopped the caffeine and the dairy? I wonder. I had stopped the wine about two weeks before starting the Cure, but it made no difference. Anyway, I am happy and I'll keep doing the same thing.
Good luck to all.
  #123   ^
Old Fri, Sep-18-09, 12:54

Plan: PaNu (lacto-paleo) & VLC
Stats: 267/235.2/195 Male 71 inches
BF:40/35/20
Progress: 44%

1TBS Enova oil per day is the suggestion. He also suggest breaking it up into teaspoons - I think that's if you're gonna take it like cod liver oil (straight).
  #124   ^
Old Fri, Sep-18-09, 12:56
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

I think I am going to try the DAG oil. Just gotta find it.
  #125   ^
Old Fri, Sep-18-09, 13:38

Plan: EF/Fung IDM/keto
Stats: 375/225.4/175 Female 66.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson
Debbie, not to get too nosy, but are you perhaps an example of someone who needs hormone balancing in order to get results?

Well that is possible, of course. But it seems so hard to get doctors to really work with you on that, and I have not been able to face the effort, so I'm just trying to see what I can balance on my own. I'm using progesterone cream. I take iodine supplements(plus a gazillion other supplements). But I just can't face fighting with doctors right now.
  #126   ^
Old Fri, Sep-18-09, 13:42

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy LC

I've reached a point where I'm willing to give it a try. But I just don't want to mail order the dang thing since that's expensive to do. Wish I could find a supermarket near me that carries it. But the only chain listed on the Enova website that is anywhere near me is "Stop and Shop" and I've already been there and they don't have it. I was hoping Whole Foods might even though they are not on the Enova list.
  #127   ^
Old Fri, Sep-18-09, 14:37
Experimenter

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merpig
Well that is possible, of course. But it seems so hard to get doctors to really work with you on that, and I have not been able to face the effort, so I'm just trying to see what I can balance on my own. I'm using progesterone cream. I take iodine supplements(plus a gazillion other supplements). But I just can't face fighting with doctors right now.

I might be one of those too. You probably won't find a regular GP willing to work with you on it, you'll need to find someone who does that as their gig, and your insurance probably won't cover it.

I'd look at notices and flyers at health food stores, contact any compounding pharmacies (they use them a lot) and do some internet searches. You might find an ND, or OD or depending on your state a PA or NP will do it.
  #128   ^
Old Fri, Sep-18-09, 15:15

Plan: Fung-inspired fasting
Stats: 336/000/160 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 191%

Quote:

After looking in Albertson's and Super Target, which were on the list, I finally found it at Super Walmart. They were selling it for $6.34, whereas the website sells it for 4.99.
  #129   ^
Old Fri, Sep-18-09, 20:41
Experimenter

BF:

Holy cow! So much for walmart being cheap.
  #130   ^
Old Sun, Sep-20-09, 04:42

Plan: my own
Stats: 225/208/135 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 19%

So weird food day Saturday - no shakes at all. Posted about it in the shake flavor thread (oops!)

DH and I were arguing about who had strayed more - him for having the Diet Pepsi (with caffeine (I'm so jealous!) and aspartame). Or me, for eating peanuts in the shell (including the probably poison-ridden shell).

I'm thinking he was more ok, because he is sleeping like a baby right now. And I woke up around 2:30 like I always do when I eat badly, and now it's 3:40. Which reminds me fellow liver cleansers! I found a snippet of news (or hearsay I don't know ) somewhere that said that traditional Chinese medicine says the hours of 1-3 are governed by the liver. So if you wake up during that time, your liver is trying to tell you something!

Sarah - still awake darn it
  #131   ^
Old Sun, Sep-20-09, 06:12

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bike2work
After looking in Albertson's and Super Target, which were on the list, I finally found it at Super Walmart. They were selling it for $6.34, whereas the website sells it for 4.99.

Yeah, but if you place less than a $25 order online there is a $2.50 "handling fee" plus shipping so still cheaper at the Super Walmart. I may end up mail ordering anyway since I can't find it in any supermarket, and there are no Walmarts especially near me.
  #132   ^
Old Sun, Sep-20-09, 07:43

BF:

Quote:
Yeah, but if you place less than a $25 order online there is a $2.50 "handling fee" plus shipping so still cheaper at the Super Walmart. I may end up mail ordering anyway since I can't find it in any supermarket, and there are no Walmarts especially near me.

OK, I've given up on the idea of mailorder. I just checked at the website ,and to buy ONE BOTTLE the cost is:
$4.99 - bottle of Enova Oil
$2.50 - handling fee for order <$25
$8.59 - shipping fee (eek)
$16.08 - total cost for one bottle plus shipping and handling!

No thanks. I ain't about to pay $16.08 for a bottle of oil I'm dubious about anyway. If I saw it in a store at a reasonable price I might be willing to buy a bottle, but 16 bucks for a bottle of soy/canola oil just does not fit on my radar map.
  #133   ^
Old Sun, Sep-20-09, 10:02

Plan: my own
Stats: 225/208/135 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 19%

Quote:
No thanks. I ain't about to pay $16.08 for a bottle of oil I'm dubious about anyway. If I saw it in a store at a reasonable price I might be willing to buy a bottle, but 16 bucks for a bottle of soy/canola oil just does not fit on my radar map.

Ugh, that's horrible! And in one of Dr Eades' recent blog posts he said that they totally debated including the Enova in the book at all, but then decided that because *they* used it to get into their skinny-look for the cooking show that they should include it. They weren't entirely sure it would work, and didn't do any controlled experiments on themselves, but they just threw all their longtime and latest research knowledge at their own middle aged middles - and threw in Enova because it was supposed to work so what the heck.

We're totally doing the Enova thing too, but the totally lab manufactured nature of this oil means we're not going to stick with it past 6 weeks.. maybe if we stall later we'll try adding it back in and see if it makes a difference.

I'm in the same situation with Pineapple extract. Too expensive with shipping and handling. I guess I'll just get the syrup.

Sarah
  #134   ^
Old Sun, Sep-20-09, 10:55

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 167/135/127 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 80%

About the Enova oil, Dr. Eades said that it was the least important thing in the Cure, we can easily forget about it. So I do!
I am still doing the all-meat part of the Cure, I am feeling great and I have lost another half pound. This is awesome.
  #135   ^
Old Sun, Sep-20-09, 10:56

Plan: Organic Dukan Attack
Stats: 132/129.4/116 Female 4' 11"
BF:
Progress: 16%

Quote:
I might be one of those too. You probably won't find a regular GP willing to work with you on it, you'll need to find someone who does that as their gig, and your insurance probably won't cover it.

I'd look at notices and flyers at health food stores, contact any compounding pharmacies (they use them a lot) and do some internet searches. You might find an ND, or OD or depending on your state a PA or NP will do it.

Well, tomorrow we'll see. I have PPO insurance and will be seeing one of the GPs listed on the approved directory in the a.m. She also is an OD! I'll let you know how she reacts to ?? about bio-identical hrt