Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Pre-Maintenance & Maintenance
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Tue, Aug-18-15, 16:32

Plan: moderate Carb/IF
Stats: 238/149/155 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 107%

I changed my goal weight when I put numbers into a smartbmicalculator. It takes in age and height and said my optimal HEALTHY weight was 155. I am going to try to go down to 150 so I have a little room to spare and have 155 as my max.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Tue, Aug-18-15, 20:50

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 189/148.6/145 Female 5' 5"
BF:36%/28%/25%
Progress: 92%

My original goal was 150, where I was as I hit menopause. But I revised it down to 145, so I can have a range within which I won't panic.

As the goal gets closer, I'll see what happens...I weighed about 125 in my 20's, but quite frankly, the difference in my chest circumference (which isn't dropping along with the waist and hips) from then is worth several extra pounds, right there.
  #18   ^
Old Sun, Oct-08-17, 07:21

Plan: Keto
Stats: 183/173/155 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress:

I did adjust my goal. I'm 5'7 and 170 lbs. I had a goal of 160 but when I started weight training it got too confusing. Is the weight muscle or fat?

So now I just go by how my pants fit. Size 8.
  #19   ^
Old Sun, Oct-08-17, 08:53

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 240/188/185 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 95%

Quote:
Originally Posted by debhs
I changed my goal weight when I put numbers into a smartbmicalculator. It takes in age and height ...

This sounded intriguing and so I tried it. It's really encouraging to see that there is a sane method of measuring with adjustments for age. According to the smartbmicalculator, low 200s is my optimal healthy weight range for my age and height (I'm tall, about 5'11"). How refreshing!

I originally set my goal weight at 199 and, according to what I just read at smartbmicalculator, I decided to reset my goal to 202. I'd love to see the other side of 200, but if my body refuses to lose another ounce at 202 or 205, I will not be so stressed about it! I'm feeling pretty darn good at 212 and so will be fine maintaining 10 lb lighter.

Last edited by barb712 : Sun, Oct-08-17 at 09:01.