Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jun-30-04, 20:38
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 187/168/??? Male 69 inches
BF:
Progress:
Default Ephedrine free supplements

Can anyone tell me the effectiveness of these products (ie: Xenadrine EFX) since they can no longer contain ephedrine? I was trying to read through the sticky read, which had a lot of information, but I couldn't find much on how effective these new supplements are.

I'm wondering if it's even worth taking.

Been on atkins for a while, on and off...lost 20 pounds the first time around and now cannot get into ketosis now matter how hard i try. i'm thinking my body has gotten used to lc'ing, possibly resisting.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jul-01-04, 00:06
Registered Member

Plan: Metabolic Surge
Stats: 170/139/? Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Are ya keeping your fats ass-high? doing any exercise? Lifting weights? Taking fish oil? Drinking lots of water? Eating frankenfoods....grrrr

Check out what you're eating on www.fitday.com
If your fats aren't at LEAST 65% of total calories, that could be your biggest problem.

And I haven't heard anything good about the e-free stuff.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jul-01-04, 01:20
Registered Member

Stats: 187/168/??? Male 69 inches
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Built
Are ya keeping your fats ass-high? doing any exercise? Lifting weights? Taking fish oil? Drinking lots of water? Eating frankenfoods....grrrr

Check out what you're eating on www.fitday.com
If your fats aren't at LEAST 65% of total calories, that could be your biggest problem.

And I haven't heard anything good about the e-free stuff.

Yeah that's the thing that's frustrating. I work out at least five days a week. 3 days of lifting weights (an hour each day) and 2-3 days of cardio (25 min a day). At one point, I was running before my lifting days in order to push my metabolism, but it didn't seem to work. I drink at least 8-10 cups of water a day. though i don't explicitly count fat calories, I always try to incorporate it in the form of olive oil, butter, eating burgers (bunless) etc.

by the way is 'trimspa' the same thing as xenadrine, stacker 2, etc etc?
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jul-01-04, 03:47

Plan: Skinny Me Diet
Stats: 345/212.5/210 Male 6'4
BF:
Progress: 98%

Never do cardio before weight lifting, it is counter productive.

If you are truely looking for an ECA stack I would recomend making your own. You can still buy Ephedrine HCL legally in the US. It can not be marketed for weight loss, but still gives the same desired effect.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Jul-01-04, 11:28
Registered Member

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrschmelz
Never do cardio before weight lifting, it is counter productive.

If you are truely looking for an ECA stack I would recomend making your own. You can still buy Ephedrine HCL legally in the US. It can not be marketed for weight loss, but still gives the same desired effect.

Yes yes yes! Cardio before lifting minimizes both fat loss AND muscle gain, while wearing you out and making you feel crappy. A whole lot of "why bother" in my book.

Actually, I think the homemade stack is better - you get EXACTLY what you want that way. (Ratio is 10 parts C to one part E, of course). Cheaper too.
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Jul-01-04, 12:02

Stats: // Male 69 inches
BF:27%/21%/15%
Progress: -27977%

At one point I was thinking about doing an ECA stack, but haven't quite brought myself to do it. I suppose I'll just keep on doing what I normally do to lose the fat, but if I get to a point where I can't loose anymore fat I might reconsider it again.

A couple of concerns for myself doing it are:
1) I have a sensitive stomach and think that this would cause more problems.
2) I'm somewhat worried about it messing up my "natural" metabolism. (I suppose "natural" is dependant on your diet. Some might not consider LC a natural metabolism???)
3) Do I really need to do it? Shouldn't I be able to lose the fat without an enhancement like this?
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Jul-01-04, 12:32
Registered Member

BF:

You may very well get stomach irritation from it. I don't think it messes up your natural metabolism, personally. But I don't think you need it - it's just one more thing that can help.