Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, May-27-15, 12:55

Plan: IF+Keto+Carb Nite
Stats: 239.2/231.6/170 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 11%
Default Carb Nite Solution

I discovered this program earlier this year and I love it! Was wondering if anyone else is following CNS and if there are any active threads / challenges with respect to same?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jun-02-15, 03:45

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 192/178.5/140 Female 5 ft
BF:
Progress: 26%
Default Cns

Leezlelee ...what is CNS? How does it work?
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jun-02-15, 07:28

BF:

In a nut shell you start the program with 9.5 days of ULC (ultra low carb) days - 30 grams max a day. On the 10th day, starting around 3 or 4 p.m. you begin your Carb Nite. You have a 6-8 hour window where you can eat just about anything you want. The next day you go back to ULC and no sooner than the 5th night after you have another Carb Nite - one Carb Nite a week.

There is a book and more info can be found here. The book is about 10 years old, so lots of the info has changed, but the basics remain the same. An updated version is in the works. You can also find lots of podcasts by John Kiefer on YouTube and www.body.io.

I was afraid that the Carb Nites would trigger cravings but they have not.

In fact, knowing that on Carb Nite I can have whatever I want has actually prevented me from caving in to the call of the carbs (i.e. Chinese food, popcorn, etc.). For me personally, I believe I have finally found my lifelong way of living.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jun-02-15, 07:32

Plan: atkins
Stats: 210/126/127 Female 5ft 7in
BF:
Progress: 101%

If it works for you then great - we're all different and cope with different regimes. Stick with it

Jo xxx
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jun-02-15, 07:39

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Just put Carb Nite Solution into the Advanced Search box...there have been many many threads on it through the years. They seem to be hot briefly and then die out. Suggest you bump up an old challenge and ask for updates, but good luck with it.
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Jun-02-15, 11:55

Plan: ?????
Stats: 239.9/196/145 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 46%

I have been following this plan since mid Feb. I have had some bumps , carb weekends and down right ate SAD for a recent 2 weeks.In the book it explained exactly what will happen when you stop CN. I got my 3 lbs of water but waist and hips still shrunk. I am still very happy with losing 15 lbs in that time frame.

I had had very good luck with VL Carb years ago. I however messed it up about once week and still lost well. The CN book helped me understand exactly why the stricter I got the worse I did. We are also so different so it is YMMV thing. Better than pound loss for me on CN is inch loss. I dropped a size and desperately need new pants again.

I personally love Carb Nite and have been very happy with it even with my mishaps I really learned a lot about what works for me personally. Having nothing off limits has made all the difference for me. It may be mental, physical or both but it takes the "I cant have xyz so all I think of is XYZ right off the table".

There is a very active group on FB. If you'd like the link feel free to send me a PM. I'm going to restart a journal on here also.

Last edited by rodmick : Tue, Jun-02-15 at 12:32.
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Jun-03-15, 03:44

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 192/178.5/140 Female 5 ft
BF:
Progress: 26%

rodmick..please send me the link for "carb nite solution" on Facebook. For some reason the system is not letting me PM you...Maybe you have to pay for that priviledge(don't know).
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Jun-03-15, 04:35

You can PM after posting 25 messages, or Contribute to maintaining this website, which not only gives you PM privileges but also removes all annoying ads!
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Jun-03-15, 07:30

BF:

Hey Chelle!

I think I belong to that FB group. It's the most active one and recently had a name change?

I totally agree with you about CNS. I was amazed at how quickly my body shape changed even though I may not have lost a lot of weight. It was exciting to be standing in my jeans and holding the material on each side of my leg.

It's nice to a fellow CNer here. :-)
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Jun-07-15, 17:19

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leezlelee
Hey Chelle!

I think I belong to that FB group. It's the most active one and recently had a name change?

I totally agree with you about CNS. I was amazed at how quickly my body shape changed even though I may not have lost a lot of weight. It was exciting to be standing in my jeans and holding the material on each side of my leg.

It's nice to a fellow CNer here. :-)

That really amazed me too!!
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Jun-08-15, 09:44

Plan: Keto
Stats: 252/172/165 Female 69.25 inches
BF:
Progress: 92%

I've tried it. It broke a stall for me. But I'm having a little bit of yucky carb-flu when I go back in. So my Carb Nites are going back in my pocket for the next time I stall.
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Jun-09-15, 03:37

John Keifer's latest book is titled Carb BackLoading...came out in early 2014. There were a number of interviews podcasts with him then. Ones with FatBurningMan, Bulletproof Exec, etc.
He now has his own podcast with Dr Rocky Patel, Bodyio. There is a community on that website, or check FB with the new name.
  #13   ^
Old Tue, Jun-09-15, 05:55

BF:

Thanks Janet.

I belong to the main FB support group and am aware of the other pages and podcasts, but others may not be, so thanks for mentioning.

I thought carb backloading was geared more towards hard core lifters? I don't do anything so was sticking with CNS.

Update: I found this, where Kiefer describes Carb Backloading.

Last edited by Leezlelee : Tue, Jun-09-15 at 07:23.
  #14   ^
Old Sun, Jun-14-15, 06:39

Brand new interview with Keifer on Fat Burning Man. He has new theories and is re-writing both books, some hints about the changes in today's podcast. Can read the transcript...basic reasons why he trashes Paleo, Keto etc.

Keifer says "Just to clarify: Carb backloading is carb refeeding every evening. Carb night is carb feeding once a week."

- See more at: http://fatburningman.com/john-kiefe...o-be-wrong/#ath
  #15   ^
Old Mon, Jun-15-15, 14:27

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bslick6597
rodmick..please send me the link for "carb nite solution" on Facebook. For some reason the system is not letting me PM you...Maybe you have to pay for that priviledge(don't know).

I cant send you a PM. I tried.