Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Mar-26-04, 10:07

Plan: CKD (Modified)
Stats: 27%/22%/15% Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 62%
Default Fat Burners Day on Day Off (with CKD type diet)

Oh boy, this is extremely inactive forum.
I hope someone can share their experience or thoughts on this subject.
I did search for this topic in many different combinations, but no luck so far.
The dilemma I am having due to the lack of knowledge and experience with fat burners is can one take fat burners (stacker 3 EF in my case) one day on and one day off and still get result, or must it be taken lets say 3 days in a row or 5 days in a row to be effective.

Would it be beneficial at all to just take them here and there off and on day on day off. The reason I would like to do that is that I am very afraid to get accustomed to them, my body adjusts to thing very quickly and than stalls for many month. I have fought this fat for so long it just needs to go.

Please, please some respond or direct me where I can read up on this specific cycling issue, I have read a lot of posts here and much info on other site, but this has not been mentioned.
I am hoping someone can either share their personal experiences or knowledge.

Thank you to anyone who will take time to respond.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Mar-27-04, 08:18
Southern Gentleman

Plan: CKD
Stats: 272/219/210 Male 70.5 inches
BF:30+/20-21/14-15
Progress: 85%

Wish I could help ya' dude, I just don't know. I do know that the effect of "energy" you get from ECA wears off fairly quickly and you do get used to it. And most people think that it't not really doing them any good after this, but in fact it remains working in the fat-loss department regardless of the "increased energy" feeling. And as much as I've read it seems that it is not needed to cycle it on and off, that you can take it for extended periods of time and it will work better. There are however, those that disagree with this, but the scientific evidence seems to support it.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Apr-02-04, 08:56

BF:

I guess no one has done this before or just doesn't want to say so.
What about the theory behind it, does it make any sort of sense or would it just be a waste of money to only take it here and there?
Thanks, if anyone decides to answer.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Apr-02-04, 18:54
Registered Member

Plan: My Own LC plan
Stats: 230/153/155 Male 68
BF:32%/11-12%/9-10%
Progress: 103%

First of all I don't have experiance with ECA...

But think about it logicaly.
If it will burn fat taken over 5 days then of course it will burn some fat in one day. It is not like it will burn a big gob of fat only after you have been on it 3 or 5 days. Quite likely it is a little a day.

So WHY do you want to take it every other day?

JWJ
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Apr-05-04, 06:48

BF:

Thank you for responding, jwjpilot .

The reason I am thinking of taking every other day, to make it more effective and less addicting. I know it has been stated that it would be safe to take for 6 weeks of so or even more, but I think our bodies can adjust well before that. Please tell me I am wrong.
Also, taking 5 on and 2 off has been known as a good schedule, but from what I read your body has the ability to adjust in some cases in 3 days (good example zig zag dieting or such). So, my thinking, if it does in 3 days, than having the 5 days on and 2 days off will actually not be the best choice.
My main goal is to get rid of some stubborn fat that just doesn't seem to go no matter what I try, it has been many months of trying many things, besides fat burners. This is my last resort...but those lbs of fat just need to go. I would like to get rid of this fat and maintain lean body without having to take fat burners.

Any thoughts, anyone? Thank you much for any responses.
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Apr-21-04, 11:39

Plan: Zone
Stats: 255/242/230 Male 75 inches (6'3")
BF:21%/15%/8%
Progress: 52%

5 on - 2 off fits nicely into the CKD package and still will help you avoid the dependency issue.

I do it often, and it works. I'm about to do it again too.
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Apr-23-04, 11:43

Plan: Cyclic Ketogenic Diet (Ti
Stats: 212/149/140 Male 5'7
BF:
Progress: 88%

took EC (no A) E=24, C=200... for 3weeks and got awesome results in terms of fat-loss (i've pretty much stayed at the same weight, but holy crap i just realized my triceps form a nice "V" now )...

cycled off for 1week then just started again today (really felt the effect come back...) i was so wired in the gym today, i managed to shoulder-press 65lb dumbells X 8 (off cycle i can only do 60lbs X 6)... this is either a really cool placebo effect, or i get lots of energy because of the EC hehe...