Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Feb-19-17, 18:33
Getting Healthy!

Plan: General LC
Stats: 213/169/166 Female 5' 8.5"
BF:
Progress: 94%
Default Green Giant Mashed Cauliflower and Other New Veggie Products

I had the new Green Giant Original with Olive Oil & Sea Salt Mashed Cauliflower for dinner and it was quite good, especially with added butter. Not as good as what I would make myself with cream (as opposed to milk) but easier and great for a quick meal. For a one-half cup serving, it as 80 calories, 7 g carbs and 2 g fiber for 5 net carbs.

According to the Green Giant website, there are also cheddar/bacon and garlic/herb flavors, but I didn't see these at my local supermarket. Plus, Green Giant has a variety of new riced vegetables and roasted vegetables. There's a $1 off coupon at there website.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Feb-20-17, 07:17

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

The fresh riced one is called caulifower crumbles.
http://greengiantfresh.com/cauliflower-crumbles
Our Walmart grocery has it, and Hanover mashed vegetables. https://hanoverfoods.com/blog/produ...ower-homestyle/
Birdseye supposedly also has similar products in some markets.
Amazing the variety in mainstream markets now! The Trader Joe's riced broccoli is good for variety.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Feb-20-17, 10:30

Plan: low carb
Stats: 171/125/145 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 177%

Thanks, Carolyn. I have been eyeing the mashed cauli to have in the freezer for when life is crazy or it snows or what have you....

I have had the green giant frozen riced cauli and loved it, but I normally buy the Hanover one if the store has both in stock (they fly off the shelf!. They taste the same but Hanover makes a perfect meal just for myself and my husband. The green giant bag is twice as large and better for a family IMO.

I am making a bag tonight, in fact (shrimp "fried rice").
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Feb-20-17, 18:49
Getting Healthy!

BF:

The Green Giant riced cauliflower mixes that I was referring to aren't called "Crumbles" but "Riced Veggies." Just going by the online pictures, they look finer and more rice-like than the Crumbles. There are 4 flavors. See:

https://www.greengiant.com/new-products/#riced-veggies

I haven't seen them at my local store yet.

If you scroll down to the bottom of the page that I linked, there's a $1 off coupon for the new products.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Feb-21-17, 03:59

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Thanks, That is a good selection of frozen riced vegetables...I haven't seen them either, and not all stores have the fresh Green Giant line.
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Feb-21-17, 12:36
Getting Healthy!

BF:

You're welcome!

I just saw the Green Giant riced veggies at my local Publix. They had the cauliflower/broccoli (which I purchased) and the cauliflower/vegetable medley. There were also the new vegetable tots, which I didn't purchase. No sign of the roasted vegetables yet. There was a small display with a $1 off coupon on new Green Giant products.

There was also Bird's Eye riced cauliflower (one flavor only), which I'd never noticed before. I got that. too. Without a coupon, it's the same price as the Green Giant riced cauliflower mixes but the Bird's Eye has 2 oz. more in the package.

I've never seen Hanover vegetables around here.
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Mar-03-17, 07:07
Getting Healthy!

BF:

I tried the Green Giant bacon/cheddar mashed cauliflower. I like it but prefer their olive oil/sea salt mashed cauliflower. The bacon/cheddar didn't add much flavor (most flavor came from the butter that I added) and it wasn't as thick as the olive oil/sea salt variety. The bacon/cheddar instructions had a longer microwave and sitting time, but it still didn't thicken as much as the olive oil/sea salt.
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Mar-17-17, 11:13

Plan: Dr. Bernstein
Stats: 188/150/135 Female 5 ft 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynC
According to the Green Giant website, there are also cheddar/bacon and garlic/herb flavors, b

I think this was the variety someone brought to a pot luck. I didn't care for it. My now-favorite way to cook cauliflower is sautéed in garlic butter. Yummy & quick.
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Mar-17-17, 14:46

Plan: Atkins DANDR
Stats: 210/194/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 32%

Great thread and I'm going to look for some now.
I see fried rice in my future!
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Mar-18-17, 10:20

Plan: low carb
Stats: 171/125/145 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 177%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meme#1
Great thread and I'm going to look for some now.
I see fried rice in my future!

Since my store starting carrying this, we have been doing fried rice a couple times a month
I had made it by hand in past, but it was such a pain, it was a once in a blue moon treat.
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Mar-17-17, 16:11

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 203/171/165 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

This is so cool!

~Jealous in Japan
  #12   ^
Old Sat, Mar-18-17, 12:59

Plan: Atkins DANDR
Stats: 210/194/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 32%

Hi Robin~ Yes, 1/2 of the work is always in the prep so this mix must be a real time saver.
  #13   ^
Old Sat, Mar-18-17, 14:33
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/146/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 119%

I just sent a message to Green Giant Canada requesting that they bring these products to Canada. It'll probably never happen, but it's worth a try, I guess.

I wash dishes by hand so the one time I made riced cauliflower years ago (even when I DID have a dishwasher) was pretty much the first and last time. I wasn't impressed enough for the effort, but if I could buy it, I would.
  #14   ^
Old Sun, Mar-19-17, 07:44
Getting Healthy!

BF:

I haven't tried the Green Giant riced cauliflower/broccoli that I purchased yet. But, I have tried the Bird's Eye riced cauliflower. It's very good. I had it as a side dish with roast beef and it was almost like regular rice. It has a nice rice consistency and the cauliflower flavor is mild.

I made riced cauliflower myself only once, about 10 years ago. I didn't accomplish a good rice shape and it wasn't worth the clean-up effort, so I never did it again.

I found Hanover mashed cauliflower at Walmart. I like it, too. The package has half the amount of the Green Giant mashed cauliflower (2 servings vs. 4 servings) and was about 40% of the price. I live alone, so the smaller size is better for me.
  #15   ^
Old Sat, Apr-22-17, 17:43
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

I tried the mashed one Cheddar Bacon. It was amazing. I've also been using their plain cauliflower rice. Make sure to read nutritional info and ingredients because some types are higher than others, but I am a repeat buyer