Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jul-23-18, 13:13

Plan: non processed food
Stats: 165/114/119 Female 5' 7.72 /1.72 m
BF:
Progress: 111%
Default Freedom versus obsessing

On January 1st, 2018 I reached my all time maximum weight: 165 lb. I fervently prayed God to help me in my lifelong struggle to lose weight once and for all. Generally speaking my weight was not alarming at all but for my particular body it prevented its optimal functionality and therefore was unacceptable to me.

At the same time I watched an episode of the American program: "My 600 lb life" every night. Reckognizing that, like dr. Nowzaradan's patients often are, I was just as much an emotional eater and that I, too, ate without being actually hungry, just like the people in the series, I felt a strong bond with them. This helped and provided me with the daily 'antidote' for snacking.

On June 30, 2018 I weighed 117 lb (target weight 119 lb). My blood pressure changed from 149/94 mmHg into 125/70 mmHg without medications. I can walk for hours without ever getting tired.

I feel liberated and energetic, free from any obsession! I feel so thankful! And Ziva, my 15 week old German Shepherd, is thankful with me.

I still eat what made me lose the weight (but now in bigger quantities): fresh food: huge amounts of fresh fruit and vegetables, a little meat or fish, whole grain products like whole grain bread and rye bread, whole grain macaroni and spaghetti, 50% fat Dutch, French or Swiss cheese, Greek yoghurt, lots of fresh tapwater and 2 - 4 cups of black coffee. I don't like the taste of alcohol. I don't drink juces nor smoothies. I'd rather chew the fruit. My dinners are being prepared in olive oil (first pressing). When I eat in restaurants, I choose the healthiest options.

So here I am: free, no more diets, no mental straitjackets in any form!

I feel so relieved and happy!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jul-23-18, 13:57

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 200/211/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: -30%

You deserve to enjoy the releif and the happiness. YOU earned it.

Hope you will stay on the forum and continue to share your journey of maintenance. And get your journal dusted off.......

Last edited by Ms Arielle : Mon, Jul-23-18 at 14:08.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jul-23-18, 14:51

BF:

Good that you remind me of my journal. I had totally forgotten I had one.

Your kind invitation to appear here moreoften is quite motivating. Thank you.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jul-23-18, 16:51

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 200/211/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: -30%

Hope you will dust off the journal.

I visited The Netherlands many years ago. LOVED It. LOVED the people. Short of living there, I brought a horse home.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Aug-07-18, 04:18

Plan: 2017/Dukan
Stats: 139/126/118 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 62%

Great story Skyliz! I too am a huge fan of My 600 Pound Life. I've never been obese, but I've been losing and re-gaining the same ~^%$# 15 pounds for years!

I can totally relate to the people on 600 pound life! He preaches 2 to 3 meals per day and NO snacking. So I've really tried to stop grazing during the day. Dr. Now is quite motivational.
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Dec-15-19, 12:32

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Arielle
Hope you will dust off the journal.

I visited The Netherlands many years ago. LOVED It. LOVED the people. Short of living there, I brought a horse home.

Thank you very much, indeed. Wow, a horse, too!
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Dec-15-19, 12:36

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria527
Great story Skyliz! I too am a huge fan of My 600 Pound Life. I've never been obese, but I've been losing and re-gaining the same ~^%$# 15 pounds for years!

I can totally relate to the people on 600 pound life! He preaches 2 to 3 meals per day and NO snacking. So I've really tried to stop grazing during the day. Dr. Now is quite motivational.

Exactly! I'd wish I could do something back by helping or coaching the obese persons on his program, who got physically and emotionally stuck in this vicious circle. Without ever enabling them, of course.