Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

View Poll Results: Have you ever ate something *illegal* while reading this site?
Yes 67 38.73%
No 106 61.27%
Voters: 173. You may not vote on this poll

#16   ^
Old Fri, Jul-04-03, 07:07

Plan: atkins/bernstein
Stats: 105/105/105 Female 63ins
BF:
Progress:

no i don,t cheat while on this site. it has the opposite effect on me. i forget to eat.AND THATS A FIRST, i have never forgotten to eat in my life!
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Wed, Jul-16-03, 22:04
Registered Member

Plan: atkins/bernstein
Stats: 277/267/160
BF:
Progress: 9%
Default Yes. I come on to stop a cheat feat

I don't actually eat wrong stuff while online cause I am typing but I do sometimes get on just after a slip.
  #18   ^
Old Tue, Jul-22-03, 02:56

Plan: low carb - PP and my own
Stats: 222/209/162 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 22%

The lovely thing about these forums is that everyone is always welcome. And those who write do so in a positive, upbeat way. I feel sad when someone writes badly about themselves...we need to respect the good in ourselves and forgive ourselves for our goofs...NO, not make excuses and enable ourselves to continue to goof...but I mean, don't beat ourselves up so that we give up or quit trying...you know what I mean?

No - I don't eat at the computer at all. I may sip water or an sf drink. I am fascinated by what everyone eats and how much weight so many of you have lost...I get so excited when I crunch the numbers and see 50 pounds, 70 pounds, 120 pounds LOST (but not forgotten!) Those numbers are what keep me going - and coming back here!

Kathie
  #19   ^
Old Thu, Oct-02-03, 14:58
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 215/195/140 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 27%
Default I cheated...

not while on this site, but still I did it.

I had one chocolate frosted brownie last night. It was my first cheat on this whole LC thing...why is it I feel like one of my kids after they got caught coloring on the wall or something....
  #20   ^
Old Sun, Oct-05-03, 20:55
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/146/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 119%

Yep. Done it, albeit rarely. I'm apparently quite talented at being a hypocrite.
  #21   ^
Old Sat, Oct-11-03, 12:00

Plan: atkins
Stats: 212/186/145 Female 5 foot 5 in.
BF:?????????
Progress: 39%

Ok, I confess... I am the worst when it comes to eating when at the computer... as a matter of fact I have had a small argument with my boyfriend not to long ago about eating on the computer. He hates it.....

Anyway... I have cheated and posted at the same time on this site. I thought about it later and felt weird. I haven't done it since... However, I cant say it wont happen again...

I AM HUMAN DAMN IT!!!! HEHE :P

Sarah
  #22   ^
Old Sun, Oct-19-03, 14:09

Plan: Keto 80/15/5
Stats: 264/263/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 1%

I have Pilsbury Chocolate Chip cookies baking in the oven as I type. I pray reading this site will help me only eat 1 or 2 instead of 6.

Geez...

Natascha
  #23   ^
Old Sat, Jan-17-04, 00:28
Registered Member

Stats: 136/126/110 Female 5' 1
BF:??
Progress: 38%
Unhappy almost cheated

I was watching an old movie Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom the other night. There is a scene in there where they have dinner with the Maji(sp?) of India. Well, for those of you who remember that movie, the choice of food they were eating was not to appetizing, needless to say. But afterwards when they retired to their rooms, Indiana Jones approaches his sidekick with a plate of fruit!! I thougt I would die!! When he bites into that fresh apple, ahhhh, the sound of a fresh apple was just so irrestible!!

I'm in induction now and have only 5 more days to go. Whew!! I thought I would have to run to the store to get a fresh green apple to crunch on.

I cannot wait to eat my fruit again. I will never, ever take it for granted!!
I know fruit is limited, but I could honestly eat an apple a day!

In fact, I'm craving fruit more than the regular carbs such as pasta bread, etc.?? I guess this is pretty good, huh? Thanks to Dr. Jones!

Ada
  #24   ^
Old Thu, Feb-26-04, 14:48

Plan: IR Diet
Stats: 165/155/135 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 33%

I am cheating and reading right now as I type... Damn PMS - I can't resist!
AND I'm watching Dr. Phil at the same time!!!
Eating junk food, reading the confessions forum and watching Dr. Phil... AARRRGGGG
  #25   ^
Old Thu, Feb-26-04, 18:18

Plan: modified Atkins
Stats: 252.4/171.2/166 Female 66 in
BF:40.74/27.63/25
Progress: 94%

Nooo! Don't do that!! Cheating... no.. bad!

Okay, now that I have that out of my system.
  #26   ^
Old Mon, Mar-15-04, 09:07
Flutterby

Plan: All that make sense
Stats: 220/212/160 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 13%

Just mulling over this 'cheating' thing..LOL..

Since we have been using the church analogy.. do we equate little cheats to little sins? (grins?)

Seriously tho.. if you only have 2 bites of something, is that a cheat, or is that a treat? And a show of self control?

For instance yesterday when we ate out at the local pig palace (golden corral) My hubby sat down with this yummy looking pc of choc cake.. I was eating my yummy strawberries.. (they really were!) but.. I was like, oh.. let me try one bite.. so I put a little bit on a tsp.. prob half of tsp..and took a bite, and it was delicious...but I had no urge other than that to run up there and get more... or snatch the rest from hubby.. ( ha haa)

So, I guess cheating is in the mindset of the person, yes? I dont view the bite as 'cheating'.. Now if I took a tsp of everything that hubby ate, that may be a different story, eh?

Balance..its all about balance =)
  #27   ^
Old Fri, Mar-19-04, 13:47
Registered Member

Stats: 175/157/115 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 30%

Actually.... I was eating a slice of pizza while reading this post. Now I feel guilty!

I did throw away most of the crust. Does that redeem me somewhat?
  #28   ^
Old Fri, Apr-23-04, 23:56

Stats: 290/230/130 Female 65 inches
BF:?/?/?
Progress: 38%
Unhappy

I am so glad to have been here and read this poll. I had a really bad night last night and today carbohydrate wise and cheated. Pizza and chocolate creme pie. I was so down and thinking I would never make it back to the forum and I was so disappointed because I love it here.

Isn't that just darnright silly!!!?!!!

I do the strangest things out of guilt and it all revolves around food. I really thought I had lost it forever. I never thought I would make a post on this sight and now I don't think I could make it through without a post on this particular part of the forum.

That being said it's back to induction in the morning and a look to see what I have gained. Hopefully I haven't done enough to gain ALL the weight back but with persistance is hope.

Thank you everyone for being here. I couldn't make it without all of you.

Charlie Girl
  #29   ^
Old Mon, May-24-04, 15:00

Stats: 175/162.5/145 Female 66inches
BF:
Progress: 42%

I just had Quarter pounder meal at McDonalds yesterday for supper a week into my induction. It was so gooood! I dont feel so bad though, I'm back to square one with no problem. As long as this doesn't become a habit! It was a extremely stressful day for me so thats what brought me to McDonalds.
  #30   ^
Old Mon, May-24-04, 15:05

Stats: 175/162.5/145 Female 66inches
BF:
Progress: 42%

I agree with Kathie W, I have already forgiven myself for that Quarter Pounder meal I had. I'm not giving up : )

Last edited by eskimogirl : Mon, May-24-04 at 15:11.