Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Success Stories > Milestones
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Sep-04-11, 09:55

Plan: atkins
Stats: 255/255/160 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default 33 pounds gone

Exicted that I've lost 33 pounds this summer on a plan and schedule I can live with. I realize you can stick to low carb on vacation. But this time I have given myself the ok to take carb vacations for special times. Visiting with an elderly aunt - if it's important to her to share food it's important to me. She's 97. This time the difference is the breaks are short then I go back to my low carb world. Thanks so much for sharing the delicious recipes here. These have been a tremendous help! 33 down then 50 more to go. At that time - will re evaluate.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Sep-09-11, 19:59

Plan: general low carb
Stats: 195/178.6/150 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 36%

Congratulations!!! Keep up the good work.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Sep-09-11, 20:54

Plan: turtle style atkins
Stats: 202/166.4/145 Female 63 inches
BF:35.8%/29.5%/25.7%
Progress: 62%

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger8five
I realize you can stick to low carb on vacation. But this time I have given myself the ok to take carb vacations for special times. Visiting with an elderly aunt - if it's important to her to share food it's important to me. She's 97. This time the difference is the breaks are short then I go back to my low carb world.

I agree that there are at times more important things to consider. When I first did Atkins in 2001-2002, we would go visit my DH's grandparents and they LOVED to cook for us! Betty Crocker scalloped potatoes & homemade bread were staples at each meal and Grandad literally served the food onto each plate, so no skipping items!

I am a freak that likes to eat one thing at a time on my plate - finish my beans, then move to my meat, then move to my salad, or whatever is on the plate, but not a few bites here, then a few of this, then back. This drove Grandad crazy and he'd say stuff like, "OH! You need more potatoes to go with your fish!" Or, "Here, you are out of bread!" It can take a LONG time to empty a plate when it was kept coming like that.

Each time we would visit would be a HUGE setback to my wt loss program! But, I'd trade a few setbacks nowadays to be able to visit them again, since Grandmo & Grandad have both died. Eventually, I did lose down to my goal and was there until I jumped off the LC WOE when I got pregnant. (dumb, DUmb, DUMB!)

Congrats on your wt loss so far! 33# was a 4 year old hanging your frame that you don't have to carry anymore!

Last edited by maryb1 : Fri, Sep-09-11 at 21:02.