Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Thu, Mar-24-05, 15:02
Queen of Bouncing

Plan: Temp - PSMF
Stats: 240/198/135 Female 63"
BF:Who Knows
Progress: 40%

Oof! I've been a lazy girl! Up until this week I haven't exercised since we left to visit my mother in November!

I have been back on the treadmill since Monday though, and I will hopefully keep it up. I have a 12 week plan all mapped out. Now I just have to stick with it!
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Fri, May-20-05, 03:53
Queen of Bouncing

Default Week 1

Monday May 16th - Friday, May 20th

Okay. I have made it through 1 week of my recommitment to consistent exercise. I did the treadmill M-F and on Tuesday I started adding some leg lifts (10-15 for now) to work on my pathetic gut (yes I know you can't spot reduce but it can't hurt since they are in horrid shape).

I am trying for 30 minutes on the treadmill, but I have allowed myself to only do as low as 15 minutes if I really don't feel like doing it at all. At least that way I will be doing SOMETHING.

Last edited by Fhyreworks : Fri, Jun-10-05 at 03:55.
  #48   ^
Old Fri, May-27-05, 08:46
Queen of Bouncing

Default Week 2

Monday May 23rd - Friday, May 27th

I made it through the second week of my recommitment to consistent exercise. 30 minutes all 5 days at 2.5 mph plus the leg lifts (up to 20 now). Next week I am going to pull the dumbells out and add in my arm exercises. I may or may not up the speed on the treadmill next week.

Going to have to be TOUGH with myself next week since Monday is a holiday and I took Tuesday & Wednesday off too.

Last edited by Fhyreworks : Fri, Jun-10-05 at 03:56.
  #49   ^
Old Fri, Jun-03-05, 13:17
Queen of Bouncing

Default Week 3

Monday May 30th - Friday, June 3rd

I made it through week 3 of my recommitment to exercise. 30 minutes M-F on the treadmill at 2.5 mph. Leg lifts (up to 25 now) and I added my arm exercises (3 sets of 5 reps each with 5 lb dumbells). I will probably keep the leg and arm exercises the same next week and up the speed a bit on the treadmill (2.7 mph more than likely, maybe 3 mph if I can do it).

For now I don't think I'm going to go over 3 mph (a brisk walk, with my short legs ) on the treadmill for awhile. We'll see. Once the leg lifts get easier and I can do all 25 without resting once or twice I will see about adding the ankle weights. When I have done that and moved up to the 10 lb dumbells for my arms I will see about adding in 10-15 minutes of rebounding.

Last edited by Fhyreworks : Fri, Jun-10-05 at 03:56.
  #50   ^
Old Fri, Jun-10-05, 03:53
Queen of Bouncing

Default Week 4

Monday June 6th - Friday, June 10th

I made it through week 4 of my recommitment to exercise (well, I still have exercises to do tomorrow morning but that isn't an issue). This week was 30 minutes on the treadmill M-F at 2.7 mph preceded by 25 leg lifts and my arm exercises with 5 lb weights.

Next week I will up the treadmill to 2.8 or 2.9 mph, I will keep the leg lifts (25, usually takes 2 sets of 10 and a set of 5) and the arm exercises (3 sets of 5) the same for now. I might also add a couple pounds to my weights. After next week I am thinking of doing the leg lifts again when I get home from work and adding 5 minutes of rebounding (eventually increasing to 15-20 min).
  #51   ^
Old Sat, Jun-18-05, 06:04
Queen of Bouncing

Default Week 5

Monday June 11th - Friday, June 17th

I made it through week 5 of my recommitment to exercise (including exercises this morning). This week was 30 minutes on the treadmill M-F at 3.0 mph (except Wednesday which was 2.5 mph) preceded by 25 leg lifts and my arm exercises with 5 lb weights.

The treadmill will stay the same for now. I am still unable to do all 25 leg lifts at one go, though some days I can do them in two sets, 15 & 10. I will be upping the weights and adding a couple more (probably chest) exercises next week.

I did not add the exercises in the evening when I get home from work. I had "car issues" on the way home Monday and spent the time before dinner on the phone with the dealer. That sort of blew that idea for the week... though when I took it to the dealer to get fixed on Tuesday I came home with a new care

I have sent away for a begginers Tai Chi DVD that I will do in the evenings. I am hoping it will provide some relaxation before bed. I do not sleep very well most of the time.
  #52   ^
Old Sat, Jun-25-05, 05:36
Queen of Bouncing

Default Week 6

Monday June 20th - Saturday June 25th

I made it through week 6 of my recommitment to exercise. I didn't do any exercises this week but I did do 5 days of treadmill. Mon-Wed at 2.5 mph and Fri & Sat between 2.7 & 3.0 mph. I started a new low carb, low fat, low calorie diet and my body was still adjusting so I didn't feel up to as much this week. But I did do something