Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#1426   ^
Old Thu, Nov-16-17, 07:26

Plan: P:E=>1 (Q3-22)
Stats: 168/100/82 Male 182cm
BF:
Progress: 79%

"My aim: Develop "minimum effort required" in abode maintenance for a period ending 20171231.2359. Habituate the practice after that; observe, adjust."

Observations:

stove wiped. load of stuff delivered to storage last night. brrrr

Robyn, I see people use the word "challenge" here a lot. When I think of this thread and its intent i think of "practice". Practice, for me is about either letting go of old or being open to new and making tiny small adjustments and repeating that. I seem to always relate it to learning and continuing to learn a musical instrument. I do wish you well and hope you come back to post. If you don't have time to do that we understand but there is no requirement here to post daily. I sure don't

Jean, glad dog is getting better.
Sponsored Links
  #1427   ^
Old Thu, Nov-16-17, 08:15
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%
Default Day 1 of 90

Start date: 11/15/2017
Goal: Lose the extra pounds I gained over the spring & summer

Means:
1) Track food daily, keeping carbs < 30 net and calories < 2200 most days
2) Abstain from peanut butter, peanuts & cashews, dark chocolate, and Protein (Quest) bars
3) No eating after dinner
4) Get a 2+ mile walk in at least 5 days a week

My challenge reboot is on. Yesterday was all good. I'm feeling much better, but still not completely over this nasty chest cold. I've been doing lots of short stints of indoor walking to get my 10K steps in each day. I'm on a 60 day roll with that and I don't want to break the streak. I had a good VLC breakfast today and it is logged in MY PLAN. One day down. 89 to go. With the holidays coming up there is no better time for me to be working on consistency with my WOE.
  #1428   ^
Old Thu, Nov-16-17, 15:40

Plan: Suzanne Somers; LC
Stats: 182.5/158/105 Female 5'
BF:Melting!
Progress: 32%
Default day 4 of 5 this week

goals: Fall quarter (to Winter Solstice): 15 min a day cleaning something 5 days a week. (Goal is to deep clean house/ pack and sort/discard stuff)
I have a sub-task here too. Exercise. I want to spend 20 min 5 days a week exercising.

about 20 min spent on packing the clothes back up that I am not going to use immediately, taping up boxes and moving them to garage, breaking down a few boxes...continuing finding things that go to the garage to pack and moving them.

15 min spent on A Morning Cup of Yoga today inside (trying to do this before work this evening instead of when I am really tired out although doing it outside in the cool evening air is really nice) and 5 min powerwalking around the house.
  #1429   ^
Old Fri, Nov-17-17, 05:01

Plan: very low carb real food
Stats: 245/125/135 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 109%

1. twice a day meditation
2. At least 10,000 steps a day either indoors, outdoors or a combo
3. <25 net grams of carbs per day, 2 meals, no eating after 6PM
4. In bed by 10PM

Day 41 complete

Totals:
9 missed meditation sessions
1 missed carb count
6 late bedtimes
3 missed steps
1 missed eating after 6

Back on track yesterday. Everything is good.
  #1430   ^
Old Fri, Nov-17-17, 06:15

BF:

"My aim: Develop "minimum effort required" in abode maintenance for a period ending 20171231.2359. Habituate the practice after that; observe, adjust."

Observations:

No good observations other than maintained dish maintenance. I now have my winter stuff that I dragged in from storage to organize - another load of "summer" stuff planed to roll out to storage this weekend if I can fit it in between fughogging That comes first, always first. The weather doesn't care that I have some work to do!
  #1431   ^
Old Fri, Nov-17-17, 07:33
Say NO to Diabetes!

Default Day 2 of 90

Means:
2) Abstain from peanut butter, peanuts & cashews, dark chocolate, and Protein (Quest) bars

Other than spreading out dinner to before and after my evening walk yesterday was on target.

P.S. I need to stop reading Thud's challenge posts. They make me want to go home and clean. A few days ago I bent down over the stove and noticed how filthy the underside of the vent hood was. Standing up I can't see under there so I never saw the gunk build-up. I don't think anyone has ever cleaned it. Well, that's not true anymore. I cleaned it. It took more than an hour. Now I'm noticing that the carpet needs attention. I may have to rent a carpet cleaner this weekend. Wait. This isn't my challenge. I'm just supposed to be eating right.
  #1432   ^
Old Fri, Nov-17-17, 07:58

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by khrussva
P.S. I need to stop reading Thud's challenge posts. They make me want to go home and clean. A few days ago I bent down over the stove and noticed how filthy the underside of the vent hood was. Standing up I can't see under there so I never saw the gunk build-up. I don't think anyone has ever cleaned it. Well, that's not true anymore. I cleaned it. It took more than an hour. Now I'm noticing that the carpet needs attention. I may have to rent a carpet cleaner this weekend. Wait. This isn't my challenge. I'm just supposed to be eating right.

If you're interested Ken, I have a refrigerator that needs cleaning. I keep noticing it but haven't as yet acted upon it. About 5 years ago a long time friend was visiting and commented that my otherwise neat and tidy apartment was marred by the thick layer of dust and grease on the top of my stove hood. Sure enough, he was right. Being taller than I am he noticed it whereas my short stature prevented me from ever seeing it. This is someone I have known all my life so he could get away with commenting. I of course immediately cleaned it off.

Jean
  #1433   ^
Old Fri, Nov-17-17, 09:05
Say NO to Diabetes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotonpal
If you're interested Ken, I have a refrigerator that needs cleaning.

I did mine three weekends ago. I took everything out including the shelves and deep cleaned. The weekend before that I defrosted the freezer in the garage. Thud's challenge keeps making me clean. Somebody help!
  #1434   ^
Old Sat, Nov-18-17, 05:18

BF:

4. In bed by 10PM

Day 42 complete

Totals:
1 missed carb count
6 late bedtimes
3 missed steps
1 missed eating after 6
  #1435   ^
Old Sat, Nov-18-17, 07:17

BF:

Observations:

Haha! You guys crack me up! Weather and plans changed for today so I have some time before snowboarding today to collect another load for storage. I think I'll make a short list too for next baby steps. As things are clearing out little by little the idea of maintenance doesn't seem so out of reach. It might be sloppy maintance but it will be likely be something more better than what I do now.

So, if the weather and vehicles cooperate tomorrow will be an all day affair on the road and on the ice. No work will be done on cleaning. Have a great weekend all.
  #1436   ^
Old Sat, Nov-18-17, 15:14

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

And I've been filing and cleaning a home office all day! Must be Thud's subliminal powers or something . . . .
  #1437   ^
Old Sun, Nov-19-17, 05:33

BF:

4. In bed by 10PM

Day 43 complete

Totals:
1 missed carb count
7 late bedtimes
3 missed steps
1 missed eating after 6

Late bedtime. Blame it on the dog or my soft heart. He was fast asleep and I didn't want to wake him to bring him out so I waited until he woke on his own. Bedtime was at 11PM instead of 10PM.
  #1438   ^
Old Sun, Nov-19-17, 06:23

BF:

Observations:

still cracking up, more on that in a few sentences. got load delivered to storage. apartment looking better and better. So much so that when I got home from snowboarding and took off the wet clothes, there was so much room to move around in my room and some laundry in a bag that I started hanging it up and doing more cleaning and straithening in there... welll... naked. It was weirdly fun. Never done that before.

Also this morning had an actual insight I can put into words and it was something like this, "I'm not cleaning my apartment, I'm learning how to keep a clean apartment."

In my mind, 2 very different things. I can do the former very well, no troubles.
  #1439   ^
Old Sun, Nov-19-17, 08:38
Say NO to Diabetes!

Default Day 4 of 90

Means:

Friday was good. Saturday was a bit high on the calories, but otherwise on target. Thanksgiving is likely to be high on the calories, too - so the plan is eat really good before and after.
  #1440   ^
Old Sun, Nov-19-17, 12:23

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

Days 29-35 are complete with attention paid to all of the following:

1) Strict keto meals with 1 or 2 meals a day on non-fasting days,
2) Longer IF (36-48 hour) session during each week, and 1 multi-day IF a month,
3) Reduction of cheese and other dairy products with the exception of HWC or butter, cheese limited to rare occasions on holidays or milestones,
4) Physical activity every day whether it's strictly exercise-based or work around the house,
5) Meditation at least once a day,
6) Further develop mindfulness and focus on a daily basis to truly understand those with different views or perspectives.

Just received the new BG/Ketone blood meter, Keto-Mojo. Will take it for a test drive today. This will enable me to stay strict with meals to stay in ketosis and identify those foods that are obstacles to this goal. As with Ken, I'm preparing for Thanksgiving by being strict beforehand. With family coming to visit from MA, the clan psychology will be in force with birthdays to celebrate tagged onto all this. I'm very strict with foods consumed (never sweets or gps), not so strict with portions. We'll see how it goes, but an accurate meter will help navigate out of this. Also, it will be interesting to see what happens with BG and ketones with a larger portion than normal of proteins consumed.
Closed Thread